The latest new Load One custom

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The front of the box where the sleeper is slants down your not gonna stand by slightly bent over. Like I stated it's going backwards but I thank you for pointing out profit is more important than the driver.
No worries... I just talked to more than a hundred drivers at the Expo that would LOVE TO DRIVE for me (even after seeing my truck's sleeper!) In fact, you are the only one that objected to it.

When I make money, my drivers share proportionally... and this truck is going to MAKE MONEY!!!

You just drive your $printer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The front of the box where the sleeper is slants down your not gonna stand by slightly bent over. Like I stated it's going backwards but I thank you for pointing out profit is more important than the driver.
Maybe you did not notice that the bed folds up very quickly to provide plenty of room to change your clothes??? It also provides access to the bins on each side for a personal storage.

Reactions: RoadTime

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No worries... I just talked to more than a hundred drivers at the Expo that would LOVE TO DRIVE for me (even after seeing my truck's sleeper!) In fact, you are the only one that objected to it.

When I make money, my drivers share proportionally... and this truck is going to MAKE MONEY!!!

You just drive your $printer.

Steve I'm just one opinion it doesn't matter relax

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I used to compare the low roof Sprinter to my Chevrolet G3500. It had a little over a foot more clearance, 66.5" to 53.4". It made the difference in standing sort of straight or not at all. I'd never get the low roof and probably not any Sprinter but I would have been able to put my pants on semi standing up with 66" height. And I'd definitely go for 1mpg better average than more height for standing purposes. Now, the height for cargo purposes is a totally different thing.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Photos of the sleeper as requested. The bed folds up quickly the make room to change clothes and such. The curtains and cab separator were custom made by a local upholstery expert that makes them for a yacht manufacturer... very nice.
75c82eccbde94b1399f560de2fcaa929.jpg
e53e0d5230b0a2f97c6ce08c9f629365.jpg
825db9580a0f1a273c3371e9a0240791.jpg
35fce112f14f5ae6c10a0cacbcc8cb48.jpg
738b8a4cc913cbcb0096d5d967fafd2f.jpg

0e579e010be2da2a0f0ea4cd6556444f.jpg
Looks really nice just my opinion...nice setup for your driver

Justsitting

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I saw this at the show as I was leaving and didn't have time to talk to anyone. Thanks for posting the specs and how it came about. Sorry to hear that it is not commercially available. If I could get a couple it would take away all my concern over it to get a sprinter or not.

Reactions: westmicher

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I saw this at the show as I was leaving and didn't have time to talk to anyone. Thanks for posting the specs and how it came about. Sorry to hear that it is not commercially available. If I could get a couple it would take away all my concern over it to get a sprinter or not.
Just MY opinion if you need that much dang room for freight ... Buy yourself a Straight truck and make money ... sticking $ 50,000. into a Van or Sprinter does not make Finacial sence in todays FLOODED Van market ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just MY opinion if you need that much dang room for freight ... Buy yourself a Straight truck and make money ... sticking $ 50,000. into a Van or Sprinter does not make Finacial sence in todays FLOODED Van market ...

hauling freight from a Pond near you
That's what I was saying earlier . Hopefully the driver of this beautiful vehicle will be able to take home $1000 after the owner takes his cut from the $1/mile
Steve I'm just one opinion it doesn't matter relax

Sent from my SM-N910T using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sure, but I sat in it and scoped the sleeper and box out.
Oh, yeah, he knows what he's doing. If he wanted to, he could have a profitable side business specing and outfitting expediting cargo vans.

He said, he designed it with an owners perspective not the drivers perspective
Yes, an owner who knows full well the importance of the link between driver retention and keeping drivers happy. He's not going to build a van that he can't keep a driver in.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Oh, yeah, he knows what he's doing. If he wanted to, he could have a profitable side business specing and outfitting expediting cargo vans.

Yes, an owner who knows full well the importance of the link between driver retention and keeping drivers happy. He's not going to build a van that he can't keep a driver in.
Spot on Turtle! Driver retention is critical... and I really try to build the best vans overall out there.

I have thought about building and/or outfitting for others (and even done a few). I have found that efficiency (cost) is best when I can standardize on a design... unfortunately, at least in my experience, every driver wants what HE wants... not exactly what I have patterns/designs for. It hasn't turned out well customizing for others... yet.

Truthfully, as long as John Elliott keeps allowing me to put vans on at Load-1, I will not be branching out into other ventures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle