April 2017 locations & Gossip

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Had an Enjoying phone conversation with self proclaimed Head of Dispatchers and Daily Operations ... after i asked a few questions and i received the Generic and Reherst answers Final answer i received ... We Will Check into it ... Lol

hauling freight from a Pond near you
Ever notice its a prerequisite that dispatchers have pockets on their shirts? That way they always have the answers in their top pocket. They just need to choose which one to use.:D

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Sitting at the shipper. Had a 8:00 appt to be loaded. It's now 9:45.

The older and closer to retirement i get, the more i have problems with this crap. I can understand 15 or 20 minutes, but not 2 hours. Have a little respect for somebody elses time.

Rant over.
Feel better?
rant_over_red_rubber_stamp_over_a_white_background_cg1p62840821c_th.jpg

furious_man_launching_rockets_mouth_cg5p6135669c.jpg
No..... Still pissed.
I guess my biggest gripe is all the underlings in the shipping office think delaying drivers is oh so funny.

I usually had a bit of fun dealing with the slackers in shipping/receiving. As the Carrier driving the truck I had no problem going upstairs and suggesting to the Honcho that he had trucks stacking up and dock folks eating donuts. I think more than a few went down the road.

Reactions: NorthernBill

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ever notice its a prerequisite that dispatchers have pockets on their shirts? That way they always have the answers in their top pocket. They just need to choose which one to use.:D
Actually the 2 main dispatchers are great ...but they leave at 4pm .. this out of order load was done about 5pm yesterday by a Newbie ... but yes the Preset answers to all questions was handled by Supervisor today ...

Loaded on this 340 mile WHALE now ... Fargo to Milford , Iowa ...

TSXpress2015

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
A little knowledge is a scary thing...
My answer if I were the other guy ?
Dispatcher discretion... period.
have a good day thanks for calling and hang up...
You know that line ? Don't you?
:pokepoke:
Lol... i think i know most of their come back lines ... remember i was leased to Bolt .... it was a calm conversation... i never raised my voice or accused anyone of anything ... justed question why this has happened 3 times in 3 months ... and none in previous 21 months .... their claiming Qual-com error ... stating we showed same Hours since last unloading ... here is the Kick in the teeth ... load went to Waterloo only 450 PM .... but that driver is now on another longer load .... ... Thats called Lost Revenue in my Book ... you can't get it back ... it happens
My point for Posting is to Show others ... Don't get exciting about Greener pastures it sometimes turns out Thistles ...

I Agree with the greener pastures...A wise man once told me, "Take everything a dispatcher/recruiter tells you, and divide it in half".

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
After that load cancelled (went to a cheaper offer I bet) I got one late in the evening...picked up in Lima, OH to Jefferson City, MO direct. Moved to St Louis this morning.
After not even a nibble (I am only person in St Louis for us) they are going to paid empty move me to LaSalle, IL this evening. Still not over 750 loaded miles...still need 750 more to hit my weekly targeted minimum by Sat midnight delivery.

Sent from my SM-G930V using EO Forums mobile app