April 2017 locations & Gossip

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Another idea: Those tilt out shelves you mount on wall.
Pretty much ruled out any wall mounted storage at this point. Tried again to find at least one suitable place, but no dice. I was going to try to return them, but looks like I'll just hang on to them. Maybe my next vehical will have a little more width to play around with

Side note, IKEA's shipping package sucked. Looked like something I'd expect from EBay. Several pieces of pressed card board held together with duct tape. Package arrived ripped open with one Trone exposed.
Not impressed. Guess I'm a little spoiled by Amazon lol.

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app
Amazon you could say over packages...they sure are not a "green" shipper...:)

Reactions: RoadTime

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pretty much ruled out any wall mounted storage at this point. Tried again to find at least one suitable place, but no dice. I was going to try to return them, but looks like I'll just hang on to them. Maybe my next vehical will have a little more width to play around with
You could install a partial bulkhead, either behind the driver's seat or passenger seat and mount to that. I believe Xiggi has some Trones in his Sprinter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could install a partial bulkhead, either behind the driver's seat or passenger seat and mount to that. I believe Xiggi has some Trones in his Sprinter.
That is what I have...My van came with a bulkhead that I took out...overhead is a piece of the original BH..that comes down a foot...I extended that a little and have my shelf and Microwave up there out of the way...one could always come down yet another foot easily for more storage..just duck...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting at the shipper. Had a 8:00 appt to be loaded. It's now 9:45.

The older and closer to retirement i get, the more i have problems with this crap. I can understand 15 or 20 minutes, but not 2 hours. Have a little respect for somebody elses time.

Rant over.
Feel better?
rant_over_red_rubber_stamp_over_a_white_background_cg1p62840821c_th.jpg

furious_man_launching_rockets_mouth_cg5p6135669c.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
you still dragging around the passenger seat?
It's a fold up jump seat. Has the very important purpose of storing my safety vest between the fold part, and resting a box of tissue on top lol.
I thought about removing it, but keeps going under the heading of maybe I'll need it someday

Although, I could lighten my load a few pounds if I did take it out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Couple years ago our friend and fellow member Xiggi made a post about how to kill time while waiting and he suggested to someone about the internet....so i took him up on that:
in
2015...$741.00

2016 I made $585.10
so far this year $149.00 I can afford a pair of shoes...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a fold up jump seat. Has the very important purpose of storing my safety vest between the fold part, and resting a box of tissue on top lol.
I thought about removing it, but keeps going under the heading of maybe I'll need it someday

I finally got around to taking the seat portion only and leaving the base for storage as well...
18011110_1599441420084214_4789933597316043790_n.jpg

I used the same 4 bolts for the base that came from the seat so I wouldn't lose them...DOH...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager

I finally got around to taking the seat portion only and leaving the base for storage as well...
18011110_1599441420084214_4789933597316043790_n.jpg

I used the same 4 bolts for the base that came from the seat so I wouldn't lose them...DOH...
Store bought salsa..guess I should have planted even more tomatoes this year!