Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
d

Better looking than me; but he/she doesn't have the bod :eek:

Reactions: RoadTime and Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is ridiculous how much media attention he is getting. And forget all the "courage" baloney. Talk about the military, police, firefighters and others and there is courage. This is a non-event.

Reactions: TDave

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This is a non-event.

That was my initial reaction but upon further thought I disagree. Bruce was more than some random do nothing celebrity. He is an Olympic hero that meant a great deal to America and brought us a lot of national pride. There are a lot of major issues for transgender people and that is clearly indicted by stats and many people's reactions to his/her announcement.

Reactions: RoadTime

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
A non event to my life...but a very courageous trailblazer to alot of other's in the same situation. .you do have to admit it was a ballsy ( no pun intended ) move...

Reactions: paullud

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This guy is just plain creepy. That being said, there's no telling how much money he'll make with the self promotion of his mental illness by taking Dennis Rodman's schtick to a more extreme level. Who would've thought a 65 year old drag queen would be on the cover of Vanity Fair? This says a lot about the state of American pop culture.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
This guy is just plain creepy. That being said, there's no telling how much money he'll make with the self promotion of his mental illness by taking Dennis Rodman's schtick to a more extreme level. Who would've thought a 65 year old drag queen would be on the cover of Vanity Fair? This says a lot about the state of American pop culture.

There yah go...conservative idiocy..its..not an act or schtick...its just how he was born...and now he can be true and honest..good for her..

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I heard he could make about 500 million dollars when all is said and done. Bruce Jenner needs help. The American pop culture and others are enabling his mental illness.

“She could become the wealthiest of them all,” VH1’sThe Gossip Table host Rob Shuter told the paper, referring to the rest of the Kardashian family. “If Bruce Jenner made $100 million in 65 years, if all the stars align, she could be worth over $500 million in the next five to 10 years. Caitlyn is going to be a pioneer.”

Jenner is set to star in an eight-part, one-hour reality television series called I Am Cait, airing this summer on E! And he was already earning between$20,000-$40,000 in speaking fees prior to his transition, according to fee tracking website BigSpeak.com. But that figure could shoot up sharply in the wake of Jenner’s transformation and subsequent magazine cover.

“A book deal could hit seven figures,” Brian Balthazar, editor of culture website Pop Goes the Week, told the Daily News. “Speeches could garner six figures each.”

There is no denying the transgender movement’s recent ascendancy in the national culture. In addition to Jenner’s record-breaking magazine cover and upcoming reality show, popular television shows like Amazon’s Transparent havecatapulted the issue to the forefront of American consciousness, and some companies are already jumping on the chance to get involved.

Teenager Jazz Jennings recently landed her own reality TV show on TLC, All that Jazz, which will chronicle her life as a transgender girl in high school. The 14-year-old Jennings also became one of the faces of Johnson & Johnson’s Clean & Clear skincare line.

Meanwhile, transgender actress Laverne Cox, best known for her role in Netflix’s hit seriesOrange is the New Black, is set to star in new transgender legal drama series Doubt on CBS. In April, Cox was named to Peoplemagazine’s 2015 list of the word’s “Most Beautiful People.”

The movement’s increasing exposure could lead to big bucks for Jenner, but some experts caution that bigger companies may still be hesitant to get involved.

“The reality of it is, this is still very controversial for a lot of traditional Fortune 100 companies,” Ryan Schinman, founder of media branding firm Platinum Rye Entertainment, told the Daily News. “Certainly, companies might want to attach themselves to her social media and do some branding to reach the millions of followers she has, but these are mid-five to low six-figure deals.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...ould-be-worth-over-500-million-within-decade/

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There yah go...conservative idiocy..its..not an act or schtick...its just how he was born...and now he can be true and honest..good for her..
Not so fast. Being born gay is one thing, but being born of another gender isn't so cut and dry. Setting aside the "gender-fluid" and "queerGender" folks, those who feel a little more male today and more female tomorrow, because gender identity is a social construct and you can be whatever gender you want, if it’s truly possible that a male body can be born with the wrong brain, or that a female body can be born with a male brain, it forces (mainly) the left to concede that gender is not merely a product of societal construct, but biology. There's the rub. You can't be born that and have it a societal construct at the same time. If, in order to avoid classifying transgenderism as a psychiatric disorder, we’re required to recognize the inherent biological, scientifically measurable differences between genders. That creates incredible contradictions for feminism, gay rights progress and ultimately, transgenderism.

Caitlyn Jenner is being heralded as courageous, and brave, for... get this... injecting and ingesting dangerous drugs which alter the body, and further altering the body with surgical manipulation and mutilation, all to satisfy being born with the wrong gender, despite gender being a social construct, except when being a social construct is inconvenient.

Transgenderism is a Psychiatric Disorder, Its Sufferers Need Therapy, Not Surgery

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
My feeling as she as said she was always identified with being a female..why not..just wired wrong ...and 50 years ago Bruce saying I'm a female in a man's body..was as taboo and career suicide ad it gets...so Bruce hides it ..anyway..Bruce Jenner prancing around openly with tits is pretty courageous. ..it's BRUCE JENNER..who cares...her $$ her life...anyways long as she is happy...is ALL that matters. .

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm not understanding why it MUST be one or the other: genetic or societal. Why can't it be both?
Like being left handed: it was society that stigmatized it, because they had no way to explain it, and mostly, different is viewed as wrong.
That being said, how about we forego the labels like "creepy" and "Dennis Rodman schtick" until we actually gain some knowledge on the subject?

PS Whatever other motives may be in place, I highly doubt Bruce Jenner did it for the money, or the attention. He already had more than enough of both for a lifetime.

Reactions: asjssl

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Even though I drive a truck, I have no way to understand feeling as if the body I was born with is the wrong gender, I literally cannot imagine it. But I've seen and read of enough medical mistakes and mistaken assumptions to know that we don't know anywhere near enough to say whether it's a psyche disorder or not. And we've all seen enough of the immediate reaction to different: BAD! WRONG! from most people to know that it is mainly just fear of the unknown, manifesting itself as ridicule.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Bruce Jenner prancing around openly with tits is pretty courageous
Not really. If they weren't so expensive, and they didn't require cutting me open to get them, I'd get me a pair. Imagine, boobies on demand - just look down and there they are.

Reactions: davekc and RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not understanding why it MUST be one or the other: genetic or societal. Why can't it be both?
Because it can't be a societal construct, and a biological construct, at the same time. There are only two genders, and a transgender person crosses from one to the other with, the aptly named, Sexual Reassignment Surgery. That's biology. Gender roles, which are society constructs, have nothing to do with that. The gender-fluid movement is precisely that of making both at the same time, because otherwise transgenterism would be a mental disorder, and we just can't have any of that, now can we?

Like being left handed: it was society that stigmatized it, because they had no way to explain it, and mostly, different is viewed as wrong.
It's nothing like being left handed. Except that left-handedness is biological, not a societal construct.

People are pretending to be shocked that Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn Jenner. Caitlyn's brand new Twitter account reached a million Twitter followers faster than anyone else in history. Think pieces are being churned out at an alarming rate, all of the them praising her courage, her bravery, and slathering on the raises of others, with very few of them even mentioning, other than in passing, that not everyone is quite so giddy. Everyone has been blown away by the revelation.It's just the most wonderful thing that's ever happened since ever! OMG!

This is all part of the long campaign to normalize the abnormal. Just like you're a homophobe if you don't embrace just just wuunerful and normal and totally awesome homosexuality, you're transphobic if you don't do the same for transgender people. And it's why the kick to get gender-fluid education into schools. Did you know that 20 years ago they actually invented a word to differentiate people who have the audacity to identify with the gender they were born with? It's called cisgender. But it's not even that simple. It's more complicated, so as to allow the complexity of transgender and gender-fluidity (sometimes called gender queet). Cisgender refers to those individuals who's experiences of their own gender match the sex they were assigned at birth, i.e., those who were born male and believe they are male, and their life experiences are that of a typical male.

And now that we have a word for it, and the right definition, we can now show gender-other discrimination in the most everyday, mundane ways, and should be met with the same disdain as the more common "white privilege." List of Cisgender Privileges

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
You might not like it...not my thing...but she is happy ..nothing illegal ..so be it....sounds like she was tortured for years about revealing her true self because of people like you...