The madness of Fergerson

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As far as 'thug culture', I totally agree - but on the welfare issue, your thinking is out of date. If black men had decent paying jobs, women would have much preferred them to government 'assistance', but since they didn't, [even when anyone could get a job, they had poor education & transportation issues, so they seldom kept a job if they got one] somebody had to see the kids got fed. Both federal & states have enacted numerous reforms, so no one collects welfare for life, and what they do get is hardly generous. [Unlike corporate welfare, which no one seems to get upset over.]
You say whites aren't telling them they have to do something, but then you list what they have to do. 'Personal responsibility' is the mantra of those who have no clue what life is like for really poor people. No car [or unreliable POS], budget cuts slashed busing outside downtown, jobs are out in exurbia. No babysitter, [or unreliable], can't afford daycare. How can they be responsible?
I deplore the whole 'thug life' thing too, it's counterproductive, misogynist, and the music sucks. I can understand how it evolved, though, after generations of being treated as 'less than'. I just disagree that blacks can remedy it without outside help - and bringing their schools up to par would be a good start.

Cheri, the welfare problem I discussed started back in the 60s. It changed the makeup of the black family that went on assistance. Those families changed what was a strong unit, into what we have today. It will take GENERATIONS to get it back to being a strong family unit again.

Yep... I am white, and I have a list. However, I don't have any power; and therefore, my words mean nothing outside of this forum. Would you feel better if I put up some more Pastor Manning videos? At least that would be a black telling blacks what to do. :rolleyes:

As far as not knowing what they're going thru, that's just the talk of people who are coddling a race of its boo boos. You have no idea where I live, Cheri. I would tread lightly there, lest I send you some pictures of real estate in my area. My eyes have been wide open for the first time, since moving to Pontiac; and I love my neighbors and my city like I have never before. I would rather my black neighbors be strong... in fact, my family depends on it.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I love it when white people discuss black problems.

I have been thinking about your statement. It is one of the best statements ever posted here. It just cuts to the chase and you are correct. Many many white people have not a clue, not one clue of the daily thoughts of black people. Yep, one of the best statements every posted and many of us just blew right over it so we could rush to post what we thought was important ( I'm guilty of that.)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cheri, the welfare problem I discussed started back in the 60s. It changed the makeup of the black family that went on assistance. Those families changed what was a strong unit, into what we have today. It will take GENERATIONS to get it back to being a strong family unit again.

Yep... I am white, and I have a list. However, I don't have any power; and therefore, my words mean nothing outside of this forum. Would you feel better if I put up some more Pastor Manning videos? At least that would be a black telling blacks what to do. :rolleyes:

As far as not knowing what they're going thru, that's just the talk of people who are coddling a race of its boo boos. You have no idea where I live, Cheri. I would tread lightly there, lest I send you some pictures of real estate in my area. My eyes have been wide open for the first time, since moving to Pontiac; and I love my neighbors and my city like I have never before. I would rather my black neighbors be strong... in fact, my family depends on it.

I'd rather your neighbors be strong too - my safety [and the country's future] might well depend on it. I really would like to be proud of my country, and my neighbors, too. I like good people, whatever form or color they take.
I don't believe it's 'coddling' to try to understand what caused a problem, in order to fix it. And yes, welfare is a temporary fix, not a way of life - but if we expect the same results from black people, shouldn't they start with the same raw materials? Just as you & I don't have access to the upper class education [and networking connections] that some have, most black people don't have access to the education and jobs that we can get - that's just reality.
It's ok if most of us stay middle class, [if we can manage that, which is getting harder], but it's not ok to leave the really poor people without hope of their lives improving, and that's where they are: no hope. They know it's a myth that working hard breeds success, because for most of them, working at the bottom of the food chain, it doesn't.
As to their demanding better, who's listening?
It's a huge problem, and my feeling is the general culture of disregard for working people that has taken over the past few decades is doing nothing good for the whole country, barring the top 1%. And we all know who's at the bottom, when it rolls downhill.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not buying a lot of this or the excuses for a poor failed community. Some of it applies but the reality is a breakdown of these families and the government enabling too many of them. They are enabled with too much free stuff and teacher unions that have destroyed public schools.
We spend more than any other country on education, yet have the poorest performance. Most inner city schools spend time and resources on everything but teaching kids what they need to know to succeed.
I also don't buy that most are poor. As I have said before, people here in the US are mainly clueless as to what poor really is. Some just have to admit, that many don't want to work. Are they really poor? Many receive all kinds of benefits, and it doesn't seem to stop many from getting that big screen, high dollar phones, clothes and shoes, jewelry, tattoos and the list goes on. Just a matter of what many make as a priority.
If I am wrong, why don't they have the same problem in the Asian communities? Yep, family structure is much different and you never hear them blame everyone else for problems. You also don't hear of violence and them killing each other either.
Most have the opportunities right in front of them. They just need some guidance to get there. Too many success stories to indicate otherwise.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'd rather your neighbors be strong too - my safety [and the country's future] might well depend on it. I really would like to be proud of my country, and my neighbors, too. I like good people, whatever form or color they take.
I don't believe it's 'coddling' to try to understand what caused a problem, in order to fix it. And yes, welfare is a temporary fix, not a way of life - but if we expect the same results from black people, shouldn't they start with the same raw materials? Just as you & I don't have access to the upper class education [and networking connections] that some have, most black people don't have access to the education and jobs that we can get - that's just reality.
It's ok if most of us stay middle class, [if we can manage that, which is getting harder], but it's not ok to leave the really poor people without hope of their lives improving, and that's where they are: no hope. They know it's a myth that working hard breeds success, because for most of them, working at the bottom of the food chain, it doesn't.
As to their demanding better, who's listening?
It's a huge problem, and my feeling is the general culture of disregard for working people that has taken over the past few decades is doing nothing good for the whole country, barring the top 1%. And we all know who's at the bottom, when it rolls downhill.

Sorry, Cheri. Some of us were dealt 5 cards, while others have 2, and others 7. It is what it is.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Not buying a lot of this or the excuses for a poor failed community. Some of it applies but the reality is a breakdown of these families and the government enabling too many of them. They are enabled with too much free stuff and teacher unions that have destroyed public schools.
We spend more than any other country on education, yet have the poorest performance. Most inner city schools spend time and resources on everything but teaching kids what they need to know to succeed.
I also don't buy that most are poor. As I have said before, people here in the US are mainly clueless as to what poor really is. Some just have to admit, that many don't want to work. Are they really poor? Many receive all kinds of benefits, and it doesn't seem to stop many from getting that big screen, high dollar phones, clothes and shoes, jewelry, tattoos and the list goes on. Just a matter of what many make as a priority.
If I am wrong, why don't they have the same problem in the Asian communities? Yep, family structure is much different and you never hear them blame everyone else for problems. You also don't hear of violence and them killing each other either.
Most have the opportunities right in front of them. They just need some guidance to get there. Too many success stories to indicate otherwise.

Shh... whites aren't supposed to point out to blacks what their probs are. It would be ridiculous to give them guidance, us being white folk and all.

I think you should get wisdom from the wise, regardless of what COLOR they are. I'd be a fool to turn away the street smarts I'm learning from the old black man down the street.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Shh... whites aren't supposed to point out to blacks what their probs are. It would be ridiculous to give them guidance, us being white folk and all.

I think you should get wisdom from the wise, regardless of what COLOR they are. I'd be a fool to turn away the street smarts I'm learning from the old black man down the street.

Taxpayers of all colors are footing the bill so I have no problem with them offering their observations. But for those that have to have advice from one race, then they should seek out the ones that are successful. There are plenty of them and you can look outside of the athletes and entertainment folks to find them.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Taxpayers of all colors are footing the bill so I have no problem with them offering their observations. But for those that have to have advice from one race, then they should seek out the ones that are successful. There are plenty of them and you can look outside of the athletes and entertainment folks to find them.

They should stop calling them Uncle Tom, first.

Darn... there goes the cracka giving them advice again. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I love it when white people talk about black people problems, especially when they think they know how to solve them.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I love it when white people talk about black people problems, especially when they think they know how to solve them.

Don't know if "white people" can solve them, but it looks like many could use the help.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

How would we know they won't solve them, as they've never tried it?

I'd be interested in reading your theory on how the black society can get out of its rut.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How would we know they won't solve them, as they've never tried it?
Huh? What? Huh? We? They? Huh?

I just said. "I love it when white people talk about black people problems, especially when [white people] think [white people] know how to solve [the problems of black people]."

Are you trying to say that we as white people don't know whether or not blacks can solve their problems, because blacks won't use the suggestions from white people on how to solve black people problems?

There are two main issues of blacks taking advice from whites on how to solve black people problems. One is, few whites have experience in being black. It's like expediters on EO getting expediting advice from Brisco. The other is, the advice from whites, whether intentional or not, can usually be boiled down to, "You need to be more white."

I'd be interested in reading your theory on how the black society can get out of its rut.
You are assuming I have such a theory. I don't think black society can get out of its rut, not on its own, not until white society allows it. It certainly won't and can't happen until the institutional racial bias is removed, both from the laws, and from the policies of the private sector. Institutional bias singles out blacks as the oppressed subordinates of whites, which creates both a sense of victimization and of entitlement on the part of the blacks, which in turn engenders a perfectly natural, understandable, and predictable resentment on the part of whites. There is nothing blacks can do on their own to overcome any of that, and there's no advice from whites that will enable them to do so. There is no quick and easy fix, there is no, "Well, if you'd just..." advice from whites that's going to fix everything.

You need blacks in actual positions of actual power, like black cops and black legislators, but that alone is meaningless as long as the institutional bias remains, since the blacks in power will still be filtering everything they think, say and do through the sieve of oppression and entitlement, and whites will resent them for it.

The government needs to stop throwing money at a lot of things, but at education and poverty in particular. Every single problem the government throws money at gets worse. Every one.

The tapestry of America is complex and tightly woven. Other than the one exception, there is no single thread that can be tugged to make it better, or unravel it. That exception, of course, is the thread of 'liberal feel-good intentions." because it's a thread that always, always, always is connected to the threads of "unintended consequences." It's those feel-good intentions and unintended consequences that got us to where we are today. My advice would be to cut out the feel-good intentions thread, which will cause the unintended threads to fall out, and then take the needle and thread away from liberals because everything they do starts off looking great but ends up just making it worse.

ripnrunning

Not a Member
This is sad, not the Ferguson case, but this forum. How many "fleet owners" posting that blacks don't wanna work have given a black a opportunitiy to drive for their company? How many have a black person working for them now? See I read these posts and when I see all this black this black that, putting us ******s all in the same category it is disgusting. No matter what the ghetto trash is doing to destroy the black community, there is just as many of us good ******s trying to uplift the black community. We might not be on the news but we're out here.

I've worked hard for mine, I've worked just as hard as YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT MY ****ING FAMILY. But I get sterotyped for the color of my skin. I love how when a black person ****s up like Brown did, it turns into black people problems. But when a white person commits a crime the cheek gets turnt.

Look racism is everywhere, criminals come in every race. Other races riot also (after hockey, soccer, football) they distroy businesses, throw things at police but never any mainstream media attention like when "WE" do get.

I can't even explain how disappointed I am. The sad part is you all are displaying bigotry, with your carrier logo on your posts and the carrier's owners don't give a **** because they share the same views. So ****ing sad.

Ps. Excuse the spelling errors (public :censoredsign: schooling, no good ya know?)

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Huh? What? Huh? We? They? Huh?

I just said. "I love it when white people talk about black people problems, especially when [white people] think [white people] know how to solve [the problems of black people]."

Are you trying to say that we as white people don't know whether or not blacks can solve their problems, because blacks won't use the suggestions from white people on how to solve black people problems?

I was saying, how do we know they won't solve their problems by listening to whites, if they've never tried listening to the whites to solved them?
But it's funny you mention that, cause I just realized they must be, at least in Detroit, because they've elected a white mayor.

There are two main issues of blacks taking advice from whites on how to solve black people problems. One is, few whites have experience in being black. It's like expediters on EO getting expediting advice from Brisco. The other is, the advice from whites, whether intentional or not, can usually be boiled down to, "You need to be more white."

Being white has little to do with it. Maybe being successful? Hell... they can go to the Asians, if they want, or even the Mexicans. Both have thriving businesses in their communities.

You are assuming I have such a theory. I don't think black society can get out of its rut, not on its own, not until white society allows it. It certainly won't and can't happen until the institutional racial bias is removed, both from the laws, and from the policies of the private sector. Institutional bias singles out blacks as the oppressed subordinates of whites, which creates both a sense of victimization and of entitlement on the part of the blacks, which in turn engenders a perfectly natural, understandable, and predictable resentment on the part of whites. There is nothing blacks can do on their own to overcome any of that, and there's no advice from whites that will enable them to do so. There is no quick and easy fix, there is no, "Well, if you'd just..." advice from whites that's going to fix everything.

Dr Carson. Paging Dr Ben Carson. Maybe not fix everything... but Ben Carson is a helluva role model to show how to do it. To say the racism must stop first... I believe with you to a point; but I believe it has to be met half way.

You need blacks in actual positions of actual power, like black cops and black legislators, but that alone is meaningless as long as the institutional bias remains, since the blacks in power will still be filtering everything they think, say and do through the sieve of oppression and entitlement, and whites will resent them for it.

I've mentioned that there needs to be more black cops in black neighborhoods. As far as blacks in a position of power, I know... let's get a black president.

The government needs to stop throwing money at a lot of things, but at education and poverty in particular. Every single problem the government throws money at gets worse. Every one.

Totally agree.

The tapestry of America is complex and tightly woven. Other than the one exception, there is no single thread that can be tugged to make it better, or unravel it. That exception, of course, is the thread of 'liberal feel-good intentions." because it's a thread that always, always, always is connected to the threads of "unintended consequences." It's those feel-good intentions and unintended consequences that got us to where we are today. My advice would be to cut out the feel-good intentions thread, which will cause the unintended threads to fall out, and then take the needle and thread away from liberals because everything they do starts off looking great but ends up just making it worse.

I agree. No one said it was going to be easy. In fact, I believe it'll take two more generations, if they started now.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
This is sad, not the Ferguson case, but this forum. How many "fleet owners" posting that blacks don't wanna work have given a black a opportunitiy to drive for their company? How many have a black person working for them now? See I read these posts and when I see all this black this black that, putting us ******s all in the same category it is disgusting. No matter what the ghetto trash is doing to destroy the black community, there is just as many of us good ******s trying to uplift the black community. We might not be on the news but we're out here.

I absolutely agree. And it's those good one who have to cover for the bad ones, making excuses for them. Unfortunately, the bad ones rule the neighborhoods, as well... and they're getting all the attention.

I've worked hard for mine, I've worked just as hard as YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT MY ****ING FAMILY. But I get sterotyped for the color of my skin. I love how when a black person ****s up like Brown did, it turns into black people problems. But when a white person commits a crime the cheek gets turnt.

It's not the fact that he did something stupid; it was the fact that he got shot, and the aftermath involved.

Look racism is everywhere, criminals come in every race. Other races riot also (after hockey, soccer, football) they distroy businesses, throw things at police but never any mainstream media attention like when "WE" do get.

Canadians and Europeans do it. I'm sure they're on the news there.

I can't even explain how disappointed I am. The sad part is you all are displaying bigotry, with your carrier logo on your posts and the carrier's owners don't give a **** because they share the same views. So ****ing sad.

Please explain. What 'views' are those?

Ps. Excuse the spelling errors (public schooling, no good ya know?)

Had to fix that, as most of us have been there, done that. :)

If I were a fleet owner, I'd talk about that part. I don't, so I won't. Is there still racism? Yep. Who is racist? Depends on how you define it, as its definition is relative, with everyone running around using it at a whim. Some people would say everyone is racist but themselves.

I think there are a good number of people coming out and saying, "This isn't us," pertaining to the riots; and I believe them. Who you see are the ones Chris Rock talks about, and Pastor Manning, and Bill Cosby. They go beyond thug, to that word 'whites don't dare say." <enter dramatic music> They are the ones determining how blacks are viewed; not the hard workers. It's them who have to be dealt with.

ripnrunning

Not a Member
Canada? Europe?? This is America. Did this guy say I have to cover up and make excuses for others behavior because we share the same race? **** I wish a cop would out me I'm tired of this world and I'm only 27.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Canada? Europe?? This is America. Did this guy say I have to cover up and make excuses for others behavior because we share the same race? **** I wish a cop would out me I'm tired of this world and I'm only 27.

Canada and Europe riots over sports. Us, not so much.

No, this guy does not say you have to make excuses for others' behavior. I said it happens... way too often.

Don't talk like that. A cop offing you does nobody any good.