US Army POW is released in swap for 5 Gitmo detainees.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fact that Obama wakes up (Physically, I don't ever recall him being awake mentally) each day and is still president is just wrong.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Who said 'whatever necessary'?

Lots of people, the more partisan they were the more they wanted it done. Period. No matter what it took. Millions of forum posts, blog posts, Facebook and Twitter twitter posts. Not to mention those who signed the White House petition to do whatever necessary to bring him home. The demands were to bring him home, period, without qualification.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lots of people, the more partisan they were the more they wanted it done. Period. No matter what it took. Millions of forum posts, blog posts, Facebook and Twitter twitter posts. Not to mention those who signed the White House petition to do whatever necessary to bring him home. The demands were to bring him home, period, without qualification.

Does anyone know if some of the information now coming out was available at that time of the petitions?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
At this point, I would just go for the right trade.:cool:

10415611_667472999989975_4623103407775228859_n.jpg

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, I saw 'Shannon ' and a couple other twitter posts from people most don't even know. Curious if they knew he deserted his post. They didn't have all the details about this guy, including Shannon. That would change quite a few people's opinions about what should have been done.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The more partisan, the more they wanted it done? Interesting statement. So people from the left didn't want to get it done as much. Given that, wonder if any of them even signed the petition?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Exactly. The 'new information' has a lot to do with their change of opinion.

Among people who use their head for more than temporary hat storage, that's a common phenomenon - interesting that you didn't know that, lol.
Actually, the 'new' information isn't entirely: some was in docs available on Wikileaks, but that wouldn't likely be found by the folks who make up their minds after reading a partisan post on facebook [or hearing a 17 second 'news' report]. It's an ugly surprise to find their 'hero' might have been a traitor, or just a flawed human who'd reached his breaking point, [and I can understand the disinclination to be around the kind of people who can joke about a child being run over by a truck], or some shade of gray, rather than the black or white they prefer.

PS I was surprised to read that Bergdahl Sr's bushy beard was considered a Muslim thing - I wonder if the Duck Commander knows? ;)

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The word 'hero' is so over used today that it's lost it's meaning. He wasn't a hero he was a POW. He did nothing heroic.

The Military is screwed up and always has been, a dang PFC who was in the Army for less than a year hasn't got a flipping clue as to whats going on. I'm not saying that he can't know right from wrong, but if he doesn't even understand why you light up a mountain side he wasn't much of an experienced trooper.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter