US Army POW is released in swap for 5 Gitmo detainees.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If Obama is so concerned about getting back Americans what is he doing about the one jailed in Mexico for making a wrong turn and driving into the wrong place? No, I don't have a link, I heard it on the 13:00 or 14:00 news blurbs on the car radio after lunch with my family.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This dork, called Obama, does not give a crap about anyone, or anything, other than his own power. He ONLY does what he thinks makes him look good. His lapdogs in the press will do what ever it takes to protect their god.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
... gift. that. keeps. on. giving.

SEE ALSO: KISSINGER WINS NOBEL PEACE PRIZE
7:00 PM JUNE 4, 2014

OLIVER NORTH WORRIED THAT BERGDAHL SWAP MAY HAVE FINANCED TERRORISTS. YES, THAT OLIVER NORTH.

by DOKTOR ZOOM

ollie-north.jpg

OK, this is just going to be a shortpost because it is already getting late and we have been typing all day but Holy Blessed Jumped-Up Jesus On A Skateboard ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? Oliver North is Very Concerned that a ransom may have been paid for the release of Bowe Bergdahl, which would be terrible because you just NEVER give money — or missiles, or so much cocaine — to terrorists.

Speaking to former Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ) on his Newsmax program, North demanded to know if a ransom was paid to terrorists in order to execute the swap.

"Was there a ransom paid?" North said. "Did the government of the United States, either directly or indirectly, finance a terrorist organization?"

While it would be terrible to give money to terrorists, he presumably added, it would be OK to give money to a freedom fighter group that the USA created. Wait, no, it's only OK if they’re a CIA-created group in Central America. And you'd certainly never make a deal with radical Islamists to get a hostage back.

Um.

Hey, did you see that picture of North with all the medals? He's a patriot.

Go read the rest at TPM. It's time to go throw out every book we own on irony.

[TPM]

Follow Doktor Zoom on Twitter. He should be pouring another scotch by now.
Oliver North Worried That Bergdahl Swap May Have Financed Terrorists. Yes, That Oliver North.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
What is that "'something else' going on there" that you are claiming I was referring to ?

Please elaborate ... shouldn't take you more than a sentence or two ...

You are the one claiming to know that something else was going on other than the stated mission, not me so I wouldn't be the one to explain it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If Obama is so concerned about getting back Americans what is he doing about the one jailed in Mexico for making a wrong turn and driving into the wrong place?
He isn't being jailed in Mexico for making a wrong turn and driving into the wrong place ... he's being jailed in Mexico because he's a criminal illegal alien ... a criminal invader ...

One who violated not only the sanctity of a sovereign nation's Holy border ... but also it's laws on firearms ...

Geez ... I'd think you - of all people - would be up on how that paradigm works ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You are the one claiming to know that something else was going on other than the stated mission, not me so I wouldn't be the one to explain it.
How many news reports and links ya want ?

Pizzin' on corpses ?

We got 'em ...

Deranged whackos (Bales) going on killing sprees against unarmed women and children ?

Check ...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They didn't mention all of that in the 17 or so seconds they devoted to that among the many items they cover in their 90 seconds of teasers. If he was a criminal alien in Mexico we should be demanding they grant him amnesty and citizenship and ignore any past crimes of which he may or may not be guilty.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
How many news reports and links ya want ?

Pizzin' on corpses ?

We got 'em ...

Deranged whackos (Bales) going on killing sprees against unarmed women and children ?

Check ...

As stated before we have put young men and women in bad situations so there is potential for them to do bad things. It still changes nothing about what you complained about. Why try to change the topic every time so you can pretend you have a point?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Complete BS .....
So, am I supposed to stick my tongue back out at you now? Because I could say the same thing about your comments.

I know from where my conclusions were drawn. I know that because I'm the one who drew them. I began a statement with, "From accounts thus far," then proceeded to lay out a rough outline of the accounts from which my conclusions were drawn, and ended by stating my conclusion outright. That conclusion apparently doesn't fit in very well with the wants and wishes of your personal agenda, so you took exception to it and introduced into the conversation things (some of which doesn't even exist at all) that are not a part of my statement to try and discredit my conclusion. Now you've gone as far as calling me a liar with regard to how I formulated my own conclusion. Nice, very nice.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
No need to complicate the simple. Obama needed this guy brought back to indeed "spike the football" and get the latest VA scandal out of the headlines. The only humorous thing was they once again sent Susan Rice out there to tell another lie. Arrogance at its best.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No need to complicate the simple. Obama needed this guy brought back to indeed "spike the football" and get the latest VA scandal out of the headlines. The only humorous thing was they once again sent Susan Rice out there to tell another lie. Arrogance at its best.

Yep. Susan Rice was just part of the spin. She is the lipstick for this pig.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sometimes you have to read this stuff and just sit back and laugh, if you like good irony and can appreciate the special hypocrisy that only a red-blooded, True American Conservative can muster. If you are one of these conservatives, and you know who you are, you can only sit back and wince.

While Bergdahl was a captive, conservatives couldn't lambaste Obama and his administration enough for not getting Bergdahl released or rescued. Now that Bergdahl has been released, those same conservatives are hammering, you guessed it, Obama, for getting it done.

Here's one example of a historical record of one conservative's Tweets on the matter. Like a Letterman Top 10 List, it reads from the bottom up. These were compiled by Matt Binder. See the entire re-tweeted saga here:
https://twitter.com/mattbinder

BpUBPRWIIAALde6.png

-------
One set of flip flops by a major outspoken patriot and well known Country music star: Charlie Daniels

06/12/12 - "Obama its time to bring Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home he's been a Taliban prisoner for 4 years. Rescue him."

06/03/14 - "Obama can trade five of the most dangerous men in the world for a soldier who may be a deserter."

------------

Here's one from the woman who started the White House petition to bring Bowe back home. She went from petition to execution is nothing flat.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpT4tBWIAAEbuu5.png:large

------------

May 11, then June 2:
TweetCapture_zpsa3c9d610.png

------------

And on a not-unrelated flipped-flopped note, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's hometown of Hailey, ID has cancelled his welcome home celebration.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Most wanted him RETURNED regardless of the circumstances of why he went missing. The problem most are having NOW is the release of terrorists to make that happened,that he abandoned his post, and the mess he caused.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
As stated before we have put young men and women in bad situations so there is potential for them to do bad things. It still changes nothing about what you complained about.
How so ?

Articulate it ... with specificity.

Why try to change the topic every time so you can pretend you have a point?
LOL ... change the topic ?

You were the one that made the following statement, remember ?

So, in response, I cite a couple examples of "something else was going on other than the stated mission" ... and now I'm the one "changing the topic" ?

Hilarious ...

Here's the bottomline:

Some folks don't want to confront the truth ... they can't handle and deal with it .... and when they are faced/forced with having to do so, they then want to minimize and dismiss it with trite phrases like "so there is potential for them to do bad things" ...

These same folks probably really wonder some folks find (some/many/most) right-wingers a totally disingenuous bunch of hypocrites ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Most wanted him RETURNED regardless of the circumstances of why he went missing.
Until some figured out that they could use it as a political weapon.

The problem most are having NOW is the release of terrorists to make that happened ...
Not terrorists ... freedom fighters ... who were defending their homeland and nation from a foreign invader ...

You should really familiarize yourself with Charlie Wilson ... and his "war":

In the late 1980s, Pakistani prime minister Benazir Bhutto, concerned about the growing strength of the Islamist movement, told President George H. W. Bush, "You are creating a Frankenstein."

Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlie Wilson's War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that he abandoned his post and the mess he caused.
If that is actually what occurred - which is entirely possible - then he will likely face consequences for having done so.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They didn't mention all of that in the 17 or so seconds they devoted to that among the many items they cover in their 90 seconds of teasers. If he was a criminal alien in Mexico we should be demanding they grant him amnesty and citizenship and ignore any past crimes of which he may or may not be guilty.
Seems somewhat at odds with positions that you have previously taken ...

:rolleyes:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
LOL ... change the topic ?

You were the one that made the following statement, remember ?

That was after you changed the topic again.

Here's the bottomline:

Some folks don't want to confront the truth ... they can't handle and deal with it .... and when they are faced/forced with having to do so

When forced to do so these same folks that can't handle the truth make things up in their mind and try to pretend that much more is going on than really is. Enjoy your tinfoil hat.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Shouldn't we demand everything on his behalf that we go out of our way to provide to their criminal aliens on our soil? Tit for tat. Guess I should have sprinkled some italics and emoticons and other stuff into the post. I presumed everyone capable enough to read it without them. I've got to quit overestimating people.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That was after you changed the topic again.
Right ... ;)

When forced to do so these same folks that can't handle the truth make things up in their mind and try to pretend that much more is going on than really is.
Uh-huh ...

Fact is, there is no need to "make up" anything ... there is plenty enough real stuff that has actually occurred and is documented to bother with expending any real effort in that direction, to say nothing of the dubious wisdom of doing so.

Further, it is not unreasonable to presume that there may be additional things that we do not yet know about ... simply based on the historical record that shows that there were things we didn't know about, but later did ... and well as the US military's documented history of attempting to cover things up for PR reasons ...

Of course, for the devoted worshipers of all things America and the military, that can pose a wee bit of a problem ... the cognitive dissonance must extremely disturbing ...

Enjoy your tinfoil hat.
LOL ... tinfoil hat this:

Army Lt. Col. arrested on suspicion of sex trafficking of a minor in S.A. | kens5.com San Antonio

That is a guy who led 1,400 US troops and had "spent time on various humanitarian missions across the world on behalf of U.S. Army South ..."

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most wanted him RETURNED regardless of the circumstances of why he went missing. The problem most are having NOW is the release of terrorists to make that happened,that he abandoned his post, and the mess he caused.

Right. Exactly. The screams were for Obama to do whatever necessary to get him home. Now that that's happened, Obama did "whatever" wrong. It's hilarious.