Teacher fired for giving Bible to student

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
NO, we are arguing because you are opposed to the Bill of Rights. The First Amendment in this case. THAT is the ONLY one of reasons we are arguing. That you believe that the STATE should have authority over what is, or what is not taught, is the other.

We are arguing because you want to freely give my child a handbook to a religion I don't approve of...and because its in a PUBLIC school I have a problem with it

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
NO, we are arguing because you are opposed to the Bill of Rights. The First Amendment in this case. THAT is the ONLY one of reasons we are arguing. That you believe that the STATE should have authority over what is, or what is not taught, is the other.
Can I give your kids the handbook/ pamphlets on devil worship?? In a public school...why not??

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
We are arguing because you want to freely give my child a handbook to a religion I don't approve of...and because its in a PUBLIC school I have a problem with it

Can I give your kid some books on ...Scientology??

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

No we are arguing because you believe you have a RIGHT do DENY others anything you don't agree with.

I have a problem PAYING to allow you to do that.

We either have a Constitution, or we don't.

WHY to you ignore that? What part of the First Amendment is OKEE DOKEE to suspend on schools that are paid for, through the use of force, by everyone?

What part of the STATE CONTROLLED SCHOOL does not scare the pants off of you?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I would find that teaching that abortion is OK the same as you find the Bible is a problem. Bet you would FORCE that on MY kids, if they were in school now. My YOUNGEST is 35.

IF I had kids these days I would either have them in a private school of some sort, or home school them, to keep them away from YOUR ideas.
Can I give your kids in school the watchtower???

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can I give your kid some books on ...Scientology??

Well, I don't know if you want to give your kids a book on Scientology. At the age my kids are they would likely just laugh at you, but have at it, give that book to your kids, or mine, I don't care.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
No we are arguing because you believe you have a RIGHT do DENY others anything you don't agree with.

WHY to you ignore that? What part of the First Amendment is OKEE DOKEE to suspend on schools that are paid for, through the use of force, by everyone?

Your high right?? When have you ever seen a bible in a public school library I'm not the 1st that sad that is a bad idea..

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

We have wonderful public schools in my town Mattawan Mi. Look it up ..very recognized for excellence.. class of 91 ..and 0 bibles on the campus..just as it should be.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your high right?? When have you ever seen a bible in a public school library I'm not the 1st that sad that is a bad idea..

I don't get high, Obama does, other criminals to, not I.

My school had SEVERAL bibles, there is more than one version. It "holy books" from other religions too. Than again, it was before censorship became the norm and the First Amendment was torn up.

I went to Riverview High School, in Riverview, Michigan. Shoot one of my FAVORITE teachers, a homosexual man, Mr. Menard, OFTEN used the BIBLE in his history class, it was a WONDERFUL source of comparison. He did NOT teach religion either. It was then, and still is now, a public school, funded by the use of force.

I don't know what they do there now. Mr. Menard is dead and with STATE CONTROL of the schools, who knows what is taught?

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I don't get high, Obama does, other criminals to, not I.

My school had SEVERAL bibles, there is more than one version. It "holy books" from other religions too. Than again, it was before censorship became the norm and the First Amendment was torn up.

I went to Riverview High School, in Riverview, Michigan. Shoot one of my FAVORITE teachers, a homosexual man, Mr. Menard, OFTEN used the BIBLE in his history class, it was a WONDERFUL source of comparison. He did NOT teach religion either. It was then, and still is now, a public school, funded by the use of force.

I don't know what they do there now. Mr. Menard is dead and with STATE CONTROL of the schools, who knows what is taught?

The problem is we are 2 grown adults passionate about an issue ..there really is nothing wrong with that...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The problem is we are 2 grown adults passionate about an issue ..there really is nothing wrong with that...

Well, ifin you just graduated in '91, your still a bit wet behind the ears anyway! :p Dang gum kids!

In 91 I had already done 3 years in the Army, fighting those who had state run schools, and 17 years at the agency, fighting those who had state run schools. Sounds like you went to one! LOL!!

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Well, ifin you just graduated in '91, your still a bit wet behind the ears anyway! :p Dang gum kids!

In 91 I had already done 3 years in the Army, fighting those who had state run schools, and 17 years at the agency, fighting those who had state run schools. Sounds like you went to one! LOL!!

40 is young?? Hmm and Thank You for YOUR service to this country...so 2 bored men have the right to argue...

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Basically the bill of rights must be abandoned on school property and then it's all good.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The bible has significant historical context. It, and "holy books" in general, are fine examples of literary work worthy of study on that basis alone.

Religious texts are worthy of study in order to be fully cognizant of how significant portions of the society around you live their lives, believe what they believe, and the motivations for doing what they do. To ignore it, dismiss it, or be afraid of it is counterintuitive to rational intelligence.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Your crazy..really...you never answered.. can I give your kids devil worshiping material??

If you call someone another name, pathetic grammar and punctuation notwithstanding, your 15th round bell is gonna ding and you'll be done.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Religious texts are worthy of study in order to be fully cognizant of how significant portions of the society around you live their lives, believe what they believe, and the motivations for doing what they do. To ignore it, dismiss it, or be afraid of it is counterintuitive to rational intelligence.

My personal opinion is that it does a disservice to kids to shelter them from it. If they believe fine and if they don't fine. But at least they know what it is. Quality parenting can guide a kid through so they can make their own decisions. Same with atheism. A kid knowing what it is and isn't I don't believe is a bad thing.

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If you call someone another name, pathetic grammar and punctuation notwithstanding, your 15th round bell is gonna ding and you'll be done.

You god now...ding ding ding..what name..I thought me and layout shooter were very adult about our disagreement..

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

There not worthy if you believe nothing it says...