Teacher fired for giving Bible to student

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No body will answer.. why can't we have a religion free learning zone..why is that bad...do all your religious stuff where it belongs..@ home..or in the church...want religion in school...fine they have schools for that..nobody is stopping you...when tax $$ funded schools are involved...just keep the religion out...let the kids learn what they need...pretty simple

We HAVE answered. The Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, says we can. PERIOD.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No body will answer.. why can't we have a religion free learning zone..why is that bad...do all your religious stuff where it belongs..@ home..or in the church...want religion in school...fine they have schools for that..nobody is stopping you...when tax $$ funded schools are involved...just keep the religion out...let the kids learn what they need...pretty simple

So you want to dictate what is allowed in private conversation between two people. Does the L in your initials stand for Lenin?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Why are you SO OPPOSED to the Constitution and the Bill of RIGHTS? Does it not apply to you? Again, what part of the Constitution allows you to ban books? What part of having those books in schools is establishing a religion? What gives you the RIGHT to establish ANTI-religion? Is that not what it would be by banning those books?

I had "religious" education in college. There were history classes on religions. Good classes. I learned much. Some things I agreed with, some I did not. Same went for every other subject I studied in school.

Bible Distribution in Public Schools Is Illegal

It is unconstitutional for public school districts to allow these groups to distribute bibles in classrooms during the school day. Courts uniformly have held the distribution of bibles to students at public schools during instructional time is prohibited. This means that Gideons cannot be present inside your child's classroom or on public school grounds to distribute bibles. Public school officials—including principals and teachers—cannot hand out bibles or otherwise facilitate the distribution of bibles..

And here is the source:
http://ffrf.org/faq/state-church/item/14034-bible-distribution-in-public-schools

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
So you want to dictate what is allowed in private conversation between two people. Does the L in your initials stand for Lenin?

Never said anything of the sorts where did I say that??..talk all you want..just keep religion OUT of public schools...geees

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
We HAVE answered. The Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, says we can. PERIOD.

BS. when have you ever seen a bible in a public school library...WHERE ARE MY RIGHTS NOT TO BELIEVE IN THE BIGGEST B.S STORY EVER TOLD..TO BE TOLD TO MY CHILD!!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bible Distribution in Public Schools Is Illegal

It is unconstitutional for public school districts to allow these groups to distribute bibles in classrooms during the school day. Courts uniformly have held the distribution of bibles to students at public schools during instructional time is prohibited. This means that Gideons cannot be present inside your child's classroom or on public school grounds to distribute bibles. Public school officials—including principals and teachers—cannot hand out bibles or otherwise facilitate the distribution of bibles..

And here is the source:
Bible Distribution in Public Schools - Freedom From Religion Foundation

First off, you source is not un-biased. Second, having them in the library, or even teaching them in a historical context, is not distribution. Third, a private conversation between two people, about any subject, is frankly none of your business. (assuming that the story is as it reads).

Also, an individual handing a person a bible to read, when the person asked about it, is not distribution either. It's loaning or giving someone a book. Which, at least for now, IS still legal.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
First off, you source is not un-biased. Second, having them in the library, or even teaching them in a historical context, is not distribution. Third, a private conversation between two people, about any subject, is frankly none of your business. (assuming that the story is as it reads).

Also, an individual handing a person a bible to read, when the person asked about it, is not distribution either. It's loaning or giving someone a book. Which, at least for now, IS still legal.

Not in a public school..on school grounds..on school time...do it off campus grounds and time...that teacher was on public payroll time...teach...don't hand out your religious handbook..PERIOD

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Bible’s not providing educational information; it’s proselytizing. There’s no reason this group — or any other religious one — should be allowed to hand children their holy books.

Here is the source:
No, You Can?t Hand Out Bibles at Public Schools

The bible has significant historical context. It, and "holy books" in general, are fine examples of literary work worthy of study on that basis alone.

Looks like another rather biased source.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
The bible has significant historical context. It, and "holy books" in general, are fine examples of literary work worthy of study on that basis alone.

Looks like another rather biased source.

If you believe in it!! I don't believe In it..not 1 bit. Why is that wrong???..that is a handbook to something I don't believe exists..PERIOD..ok we can put it in the library under the fiction section....not trying to be a smartazz..but the bible to me is fiction...sorry...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not in a public school..on school grounds..on school time...do it off campus grounds and time...that teacher was on public payroll time...teach...don't hand out your religious handbook..PERIOD

You cannot preach anti-religion nor can you bar the practice of religion, nor can you establish a religion in public school. Unless, that is, you are suppressing the Bill of Rights.

PERIOD.

Why are you afraid of freedom? You sometimes remind me of those who have a fear of inanimate objects, like semi-auto rifles. They too would throw out the Constitution to put salve on their fears.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
You cannot preach anti-religion nor can you bar the practice of religion, nor can you establish a religion in public school. Unless, that is, you are suppressing the Bill of Rights.

PERIOD.

Why are you afraid of freedom? You sometimes remind me of those who have a fear of inanimate objects, like semi-auto rifles. They too would throw out the Constitution to put salve on their fears.

The opposite..hello....!!! Your trying to get my child to read something I DONT BELIEVE IN...WHERE ARE MY CHLIDS RIGHT NOT TO READ YOUR HAND BOOK. ..H E L L O!!!!!!! WHAT WRONG WITH THAT... I don't like it .

P E R I O D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you believe in it!! I don't believe In it..not 1 bit. Why is that wrong???..that is a handbook to something I don't believe exists..PERIOD..ok we can put it in the library under the fiction section....not trying to be a smartazz..but the bible to me is fiction...sorry...

Who said anything about believing or not believing. All I said is that it has significant historical context and is worthy of study on the literary value alone.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but MUCH of what is in the Bible, and Koran, exists. Some of the countries still do, cities, rivers, etc etc.

It does not matter what it is to you or me, you cannot ban books.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The opposite..hello....!!! Your trying to get my child to read something I DONT BELIEVE IN...WHERE ARE MY CHLIDS RIGHT NOT TO READ YOUR HAND BOOK. ..H E L L O!!!!!!! WHAT WRONG WITH THAT... I don't like it .

P E R I O D

HELLO! YOU WANT TO STOP OTHERS FROM DOING WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN! YOU WANT TO FORCE OTHERS KIDS TO READ YOUR HANDBOOK. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. I can shout too. I don't like what you preach or do either. We are even now.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Let's make it as simple as yes or no. Let's do so agreeing that if one looks hard enough they can find some extreme exception and the 99.997% answer will be accepted.

Can two private citizens have a private conversation about the topic of their choice?

Can two private citizens have a private conversation in the location of their choice?

Does a private conversation between two private citizens constitute curriculum?

Does a private conversation between two private citizens in any way constitute establishing a religion?

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Who said anything about believing or not believing. All I said is that it has significant historical context and is worthy of study on the literary value alone.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but MUCH of what is in the Bible, and Koran, exists. Some of the countries still do, cities, rivers, etc etc.

It does not matter what it is to you or me, you cannot ban books.

I don't believe any part of the bible..I am sure parts happened but I am not letting my child think for 1 second they put every animal 2x2 on a boat..(would take one big boat).some one parted the seas ..etc...just a little far fetched to me...you can lie to your child...I'm not...not meaning this as slander but as fact..as I perceive it...my right..

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

P E R I O D

What about your child's right to be curious, to learn, to explore? If your child, out of curiosity, out of defying the authority figure parent's wishes, for whatever reason wishes to read the Bible or the Koran what about his/her rights? It appears all about your rabid hatred of religion and not about your child's rights at all. It's not about what is or isn't good for them, just about your belief that they better **** well agree with and adhere to.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't believe any part of the bible..I am sure parts happened but I am not letting my child think for 1 second they put every animal 2x2 on a boat..(would take one big boat).some one parted the seas ..etc...just a little far fetched to me...you can lie to your child...I'm not...not meaning this as slander but as fact..as I perceive it...my right..

I feel sorry for you. Not because of your beliefs, you are allowed to have them. I feel sorry for you because you have no imagination. No thirst. Some beautiful poetry can be found in the bible, but you will never hear it and you would deny others the chance too.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Let's make it as simple as yes or no. Let's do so agreeing that if one looks hard enough they can find some extreme exception and the 99.997% answer will be accepted.

Can two private citizens have a private conversation about the topic of their choice?

Can two private citizens have a private conversation in the location of their choice?

Does a private conversation between two private citizens constitute curriculum?

Does a private conversation between two private citizens in any way constitute establishing a religion?
As long as there not a public school teacher on public payroll not on public grounds handing out handbooks to a religion ..pretty simple.
with the parents approval first and foremost ..sure do it off campus

I don't think they should have been fired on a 1 st offense but reprimanded for sure...Bible is not part of the state curriculum.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As long as there not a public school teacher on public payroll not on public grounds handing out handbooks to a religion ..pretty simple.
with the parents approval first and foremost ..sure do it off campus

I don't think they should have been fired on a 1 st offense but reprimanded for sure...Bible is not part of the state curriculum.

SO, now the "STATE" sets curriculum? THAT is a VERY scary sounding statement. Only the "STATE" can approve, or not approve, what may or may not be taught or read? WOW! That, without a doubt, REEKS of Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia. Talk about a DANGEROUS idea.