A&E shipping wars LOL

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a tv show made for entertainment and it probably will. Other than that I doubt it has any impact on our business.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
thats what they said bout storage wars and now thats screwed up idiots bidding on crap and driveing prices .... when they figure out they can do it with a van and no cdl its gona hurt some of us

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have three drivers at my company that all bought new vans 2 months ago and signed right up with me. They just jumped right into the business and they love it. I really fear for the people who think that they are just going to jump into this driving gig and make a ton of dough. It's a living and that is about all you're ever goin gto get out of this gig.

As for the USHIP prices, they are very low on some stuff, but if you have a tow hitch and your own cargo insurance you can do pretty good hauling boats from state to state. If I can get a few long loads hauling boats for a some-what ecent rate, I can boost my income levels for the year while running expedite loads in between. It's all in how you play the game.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
thats what they said bout storage wars and now thats screwed up idiots bidding on crap and driveing prices .... when they figure out they can do it with a van and no cdl its gona hurt some of us

I never personally heard that storage wars wouldn't affect things. From the first time I saw the show I thought their goes the prices. I bought a few units in the early 2000's. I is a little easier to go bid on a locker than get a van pr truck and find expedite customers without a little knowledge, plus you have to be away from home to do it unlike buying storage units. It might create a few more uship or even hotshot drivers but don't see much effect in expedite.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I never personally heard that storage wars wouldn't affect things. From the first time I saw the show I thought their goes the prices. I bought a few units in the early 2000's. I is a little easier to go bid on a locker than get a van pr truck and find expedite customers without a little knowledge, plus you have to be away from home to do it unlike buying storage units. It might create a few more uship or even hotshot drivers but don't see much effect in expedite.

Agreed..being away from home will keep a lot of the want to be's away from the game.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
i hope you guys are right honistly ... i just dont see to many people goin into hot shots since u need a cdl a to run those 30ft trailers on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton ... maybe they will just stick to uship ... i will keep my fingers crossed

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Hey, how about a spoiler alert next time? I am watching it on Netflix and they only have 3 seasons.

OOOPS!! Sorry!!! :D

But Hey, last season ended, What, 3 Months ago??? It just didn't come to mind that not everyone who is INTO Breaking Bad hadn't seen all the Episodes yet. :eek:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I read this thread the other day and ..well...later that night when i went to bed i kept waking up in a cold sweat...I read it again today around noon and well i started gettin all achy and a bit sweaty again so i decided to take a nap....no chance , i couldnt sleep....so i am thinkin i need to put this show and threat it poses out of my mind...or i might need to go to the doctor and get something for this cold....:rolleyes::p

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I read this thread the other day and ..well...later that night when i went to bed i kept waking up in a cold sweat...I read it again today around noon and well i started gettin all achy and a bit sweaty again so i decided to take a nap....no chance , i couldnt sleep....so i am thinkin i need to put this show and threat it poses out of my mind...or i might need to go to the doctor and get something for this cold....:rolleyes::p

First show airs tomorrow night. It'll soon be clear.

Last edited:

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
They did it to storage auctions (something I use to enjoy.. Now idiots blow their rent on units full of junk)

Tanked did it to the aquariums with their awful treatment of the fish.

I watched Tanked several times and as a diver and someone that cares about underwater environment and I for one never saw any type of miss treatment of the fish. In fact they seemed to take good care of them since dead fish doesn’t make for good business.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I watched Tanked several times and as a diver and someone that cares about underwater environment and I for one never saw any type of miss treatment of the fish. In fact they seemed to take good care of them since dead fish doesn’t make for good business.

Then you need to read up on fish and their care. How to properly setup a tank. How to cycle a tank. How loud noises like a skate board slamming on the tank can shock them to death...

Remember the phonebooth tank? It was on eBay before the show first aired. They set it up stocked it with fish not compatible with a 2x2x6 tank like tangs (they are pacers and need wide tanks) and over stocked it.

Those in the marine fish industry came down on them like the dot on a Mexican truck.

Google a bit on them. The bald guy showed up at Macna 2011 and got more than an ear full.

While I did not get a chance to talk directly to him (i had a booth to run) close friends did. His claim is production cut out a lot of the "meat" and they had no control over the final product. This season they are suppose to have better control.

Being fairly well connected to the industry I have heard from the people who maintain the tanks after atm has left and the cameras turned off.. its not pretty.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
lol tell me bout it ... and they r tryin to under cut each other and its just stupid no one can hual and live that way

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
The long haired guy in the maroon dually is full of himself....keeps calling himself a professional ....professional what??

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I dvr'd it. I am out working at the moment (waiting for the next plane to land)..

Sounds like it's what I expected.

If they followed us around, it would not be interesting. No getting spit on by a camel, no freight falling off the trailer...

Those of us that do it right are considered "boring" by reality TV.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
yeah idk if any one wants to watch me un load three loads a week finger print lol ... and 11 hours on the road with 2 gas stops wow exciteing

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
lol more action ... u got a contract deal with a&e lol when white lines and tail lights are in i can have the camera men lol ... 2 load and unloads a bunch for me in a day 3 would thow me therw a loop lol