The $40,000 toilet

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
DannyD:

I enjoyed the format of your reply to all the replies to your orig post. I, like most folks, like to know that people are listening.

There's a place that has its rear wall bordering the soutbound highway on I-75, south of Dayton, north of middletown, about mm 40ish. I was in there so long ago I forgot what I bought for my '89 chev van but, they sold overstocked/outdated chairs and other van accessories they got from some of the Elkhart,IN outfitters. It was a great place to snoop around and the prices were reasonable.

Terry

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>We have the everblades. Bought them at the EO conference in
>August. About 80.00 a set, if you work for FedEx you can
>get 10% off. You install them yourself and Bob say's they
>are very easy to install. We have tested them out several
>times now and really like them. We have not had to stop
>once and whack the blades!

I just got an email from them,

"All of our wipers (except the transit bus versions) sell (complete kit of two with wiring and switch) for $80 with heated rubber. The option with heated rubber and heated frame sells for $100.

We hope you will try a pair!

Jim & Ann 800 746 0428"

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Danny;

Had to smile while reading your post and the responses to it.

If one of the folks knew you, they would know that you are surely not a whiner. By the way, what do you call a basement full of Sprinter drivers? (smile, darn it).

Glad to hear all is well with you other than the $40,000 toilet. Dave, Chris and I would gladly take you in a Ford.

Stay safe,

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
$100 -150 for a pr of wiper blades?! :eek:
Forget it - order Slushbusters online [ sold by It's Not Rocket Science] for less than $20, they'll keep the wipers clear of ice & slush for you. :)

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Someone last year mentioned a product that you attach on the outside window that the wiper goes over and clears all ice off your blades. I dont recall the name im sure someone can come along and give you the name

For the radio get an aftermarket one with remote. Problem Solved. For the seat get a small cushion. Or get an old egg crate for a bed and cut you some sections and get a seat cover and stuff it. I would get a curtain to slide behind the seats to keep heat in the cab.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Someone last year mentioned a product that you attach on the outside window that the wiper goes over and clears all ice off your blades. I dont recall the name im sure someone can come along and give you the name

That's Slushbusters. They look like thin, transparent speed bumps on the windshield, and they knock stuff off the blades that slide over them. Unfortunately, they are only sold online, but they're worth ordering. [I order several, to justify the S&H]. TeamCaffee mentioned them years ago, and I like them a lot.:)

For the radio get an aftermarket one with remote. Problem Solved. For the seat get a small cushion. Or get an old egg crate for a bed and cut you some sections and get a seat cover and stuff it. I would get a curtain to slide behind the seats to keep heat in the cab.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I always had a shower curtain in a van, unless I needed the heat or cold moved to the body of the vehicle. It definitely helped with Florida summers.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Or get an old egg crate for a bed and cut you some sections and get a seat cover and stuff it.

An egg crate for a bed...? I' trying to picture this. Not being entirely happy with my sleep situation, I'm curious. Could you elucidate?

--

2012: Ron Paul or not at all. Last chance for freedom.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Don't mean to be a Smart A**, but defrosters are not made to remove ice from wipers.

Yeah, on a armoured truck with inch thick glass the defroster doesn't help one bit with the wipers:eek:
That's what the person in the back is for(to get out and clean off the wipers and windsheild:D:rolleyes:)

Monty

Expert Expediter
This series of windshield wiper blades fit side pin, bayonet, and small & large hook mountings. The 36 series cost is $100 per set for heated rubber or $120 for heated rubber and heated frame. Our 66 series cost is $120 for heated rubber or $140 for heated rubber and heated frame.

Our 56 series suits 1/8″, 3/16″, and 1/4″ shoulder mount applications on buses and heavy duty vehicles. These sets cost $120 for heated rubber or $140 for heated rubber and heated frame.

From the website concerning heated wiper blades

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
An egg crate for a bed...? I' trying to picture this. Not being entirely happy with my sleep situation, I'm curious. Could you elucidate?

Thinking it means foam shaped like egg crate - but for my money, Memory Foam is the better choice. [More expensive, but we're worth it, lol] :)

--

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Thinking it means foam shaped like egg crate - but for my money, Memory Foam is the better choice. [More expensive, but we're worth it, lol] :)

--

Convoluted foam? Like a mattress pad?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
dont heat the windshield,and it wont freeze,the heated winshield causes the snow and ice to melt,then freezes on the wipers