Has he no shame?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians

Anyone that admits to being a fan of this irresponsible bloviating idiot should stop listening to him immediately. What he said on the air Friday is indefensible an inexcusable. I'm sure he will call it a "media-tweak" and go on his merry way, but anyone that excepts any kind of excuse or pathetic apology from this moron is just a mindless idiot themselves. As a Christian I am deeply offended by this POS and his comments. This guy will stoop to any level to try and smear President Obama, to the level of telling his gullible listeners that this band of rebels are Christian? Are you friggen' kidding me? If anyone believes this idiot Limbaugh didn't already know about the havoc these rebels have wreaked on the central area of Africa, they need they're head examined. A simple Google search would've given you a pretty good idea that these are bad, bad men.:rolleyes: Irresponsible and pathetic. If you can stomach it, here you go.

I implore you to go to the following link to view the video and read the original article. Limbaugh Defends Lord's Resistance Army - NYTimes.com

Limbaugh Defends Lord’s Resistance Army
October 17, 2011, 2:02 pm
By ROBERT MACKEY

Updated | 6:02 p.m. Apparently sensing an opportunity to tarnish President Obama’s standing with listeners who were unaware of the suffering caused by the African rebels who call themselves the Lord’s Resistance Army, Rush Limbaugh responded to the president’s deployment of 100 military advisers to combat the group in central Africa on Friday in a segment of his radio show headlined, “Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians.”

Mr. Limbaugh began his discussion of the group — described by my colleagues Thom Shanker and Rick Gladstone as “a notorious renegade group that has terrorized villagers in at least four countries with marauding bands that kill, rape, maim and kidnap with impunity” — by explaining that the “Lord” referred to in their name is not someone named Lord, but “God.” He said:

Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord’s Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord’s Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord’s Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. It means God.​

Overlooking the detailed record of their brutality and bizarre practices, Mr. Limbaugh then added: “They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops, to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. So that’s a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda.”

After suggesting that Mr. Obama “supported” violence against Coptic Christians by Muslims in Egypt, Mr. Limbaugh then read aloud what he called the “Lord’s Resistance Army objectives.”

I have them here. “To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people.” Now, again Lord’s Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord’s Resistance Army, what they’re trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: “To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the L.R.A. ideology.” Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting.​

The conservative host, who has previously demonstrated a fondness for sharing information found on Wikipedia with listeners, even when it is incorrect or misleading, appears to have taken this list of objectives from a defense of the Lord’s Resistance Army delivered by one of its leaders 14 years ago, which is featured in the online encyclopedia’s entry on the group’s ideology.

Mr. Limbaugh did not mention that the speech defending the rebel group was made in 1997 at a peace conference, organized by members of the ethnic group the Lord’s Resistance Army claims to represent, who characterized the conflict in northern Uganda this way: “The L.R.A. has abducted thousands of people, mainly children, tortured and murdered; and looted and destroyed property. The government army has not been able to provide adequate protection to the civilian population.”

According to the transcipt on his Web site, near the end of Friday’s radio segment, Mr. Limbaugh said: “Is that right? The Lord’s Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We’re gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys — and they claim to be Christians.”

As Reuters reports, Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord’s Resistance Army, initially attracted supporters in northern Uganda’s Acholiland in the late 1980s “with a creed based on a mix of mysticism and apocalyptic Christianity. Over the years the L.R.A. become known for chilling violence including what human rights groups say were the abductions of thousands for use as child soldiers or sex slaves, brutal club and machete attacks on victims.”

Last year, my colleague C.J. Chivers reported, in a post on Mr. Kony’s unorthodox belief system, that the Lord’s Resistance Army leader was initially part of “a failed rebel movement led by Alice Lakwena, who said she was possessed by a troupe of spirits who urged her to war, Mr. Kony has presented himself over the years as the channel through which these lingering voices communicate from the beyond.”

A document obtained by Mr. Chivers from a former senior commander of the rebel group described in detail how Mr. Kony would initiate “possession episodes” and speak to his followers in the voices of spirits named Malia, Who Are You and Chairman Juma Oris.

Kony’s secretary… would make the preparations, and Kony would dress in a white robe. A glass of water, a bible, and a rosary were placed on a table. To start the possession Kony would dip his fingers into a clear glass of water. Multiple spirits would pass through Kony in a single session. On average at least three spirits would talk in a session….

When Kony dipped his finger in glass of water he slumped forward for a few seconds, then sat up. Each spirit had a separate personality. His voice changed to a woman’s tone of voice when possessed by Malia. Some spirits spoke faster than others. Who Are You was rude – quarreling – and he complained a lot. Chairman Juma Oris talked slow and calm with a flat tone like an “important person
.”​

In response to Mr. Limbaugh’s defense of the Lord’s Resistance Army, Matthew Yglesias, who blogs for the liberal Think Progress site, quoted from a Human Rights Watch report detailing a brutal attack by the group. Mr. Yglesias argued: “I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether or not chasing a relatively small band of depraved mass murderers around Central Africa is a reasonable thing for American military personnel to be doing. But let’s make no mistake — these are depraved mass murderers.”

From the opposite end of the political spectrum, Erick Erickson the editor-in-chief of the conservative Web site RedState.com wrote on Sunday night: “In the past 72 hours, I have gotten lots of e-mails from lots of people who should know better asking me if I’ve heard about Barack Obama sending American troops to Africa to go after the Lord’s Resistance Army. The people hearing the name assume it is a Christian group fighting radical Islamists in the Sudan or some such. It is no such thing.”

Mr. Erickson added: “The group has notoriously gone through Uganda capturing children and turning them into soldiers and, when not successful, murdering them. The group engages in sex trafficking, slavery, murder, mutilation, and the list goes on and on.”

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bad, but not nearly as bad as King Putz the 1st putting US troops into this situation. Obama has NO clue what he is doing or what our troops are for. Sending advisors into Uganda is beyond stupid, it is criminal. Rush is only an entertainer, Obama is killing people, FOR REAL. There WILL be US deaths in Uganda. Obama wants that. Then he can justify ANOTHER war. How else can he stimulate the economy? Obama needs to go. 2012 cannot come soon enough.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A Christian army doing bad stuff, murdering, raping, pillaging? I'm shocked that Christians would do such a thing. Shocked, I tell you, 'cause that kind of thing has never, ever happened before.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Same with all religious "armies" which, by their very nature, defy the teachings of most religions.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Criminal in what way?

Wasting lives. NO POSSIBLE connection in any way, shape or form to protecting our Constitution or Nation. Not even a pretense of doing such. When we lose troops there is will be a TOTAL waste of life. IF I were one of those "advsiors" being sent there I would do ALL I could to fight those orders. All this coming from a "PEACE PRIZE" winner. What a joke.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
A Christian army doing bad stuff, murdering, raping, pillaging? I'm shocked that Christians would do such a thing. Shocked, I tell you, 'cause that kind of thing has never, ever happened before.

"Claiming" to be something and being something are two totally different things. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked, that you are unable to discern that.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Wasting lives. NO POSSIBLE connection in any way, shape or form to protecting our Constitution or Nation. Not even a pretense of doing such. When we lose troops there is will be a TOTAL waste of life. IF I were one of those "advsiors" being sent there I would do ALL I could to fight those orders. All this coming from a "PEACE PRIZE" winner. What a joke.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and use the resources that you obvioulsy have and do some research on why and what the President is requesting. After you do that, start a thread about the decision the President has made.

Getting back to the topic at hand...........

What did you think of Mr. Limbaugh's comments on the President sending troops to Uganda, to target Christian's? What do you think of Mr. Limbaugh's description of what the LRA's objectives are?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do yourself a HUGE favor and use the resources that you obvioulsy have and do some research on why and what the President is requesting. After you do that, start a thread about the decision the President has made.

Getting back to the topic at hand...........

What did you think of Mr. Limbaugh's comments on the President sending troops to Uganda, to target Christian's? What do you think of Mr. Limbaugh's description of what the LRA's objectives are?

I said that Rush's comments were bad, but NOT as bad as putting troops into Uganda is. I pay no attention to those "entertainment" shows. They don't have the potential to get my son, my nephew or his wife, killed. Obama can. I pay attention to that.

Did he request or just send them? I DID start a tread about this horrible decision the day he announced that he was sending 100 fully armed advisors into Uganda. As far as I know it was NOT brought up with Congress. There was NO request mentioned. All he did was notify the Congress that he was sending in those advisors.

No matter how bad the LRA is, and they ARE quite bad, they are NO threat to the US or our Constitution. It is NONE of our business. It is an internal problem within Uganda.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Claiming" to be something and being something are two totally different things. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked, that you are unable to discern that.
Nice full-on frontal confrontation there, Skippy. The issue is Christians committing atrocities, and you want to make it about my opinion and what I can and cannot discern. You were fine with the first sentence, and then screwed up with the second. Do you even know how to stay on topic and not confront the poster? Sheesh.

OK, I'll bite, what leads you to believe that I'm unable to discern the difference between the two? Please be specific.

I'd say that I'm a little shocked that you are unable to believe that Christians have engaged in, and are currently engaging in such atrocities, but I'm not shocked at all. Many Christians, at least in public, will try their dead level best to distance themselves from the atrocities that other Christians commit, even going so far as to claim that such atrocities would never be committed by real Christians. And yet they are.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From the article by Robert Mackey (emphasis mine):
Mr. Limbaugh began his discussion of the group — described by my colleagues Thom Shanker and Rick Gladstone as “a notorious renegade group that has terrorized villagers in at least four countries with marauding bands that kill, rape, maim and kidnap with impunity” — by explaining that the “Lord” referred to in their name is not someone named Lord, but “God.” He said:
Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord’s Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord’s Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord’s Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. It means God.

What Limbaugh actually said, per the transcript (emphasis mine):
LRA is Lord's Resistance Army. And it doesn't mean God's resistance army. Lord is some Lord, some guy. A "Defense Department official tells ABC’s Luis Martinez at the Pentagon that the U.S. troops will be in Africa 'for a few months in an advisory role.'" One hundred troops in an advisory role. So nothing to worry about here, folks, only gonna be for a few months. Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord's Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill...
It's just for a few months until the Lord's Resistance Army is eradicated. That's all. Just a few months. Not much of a threat.
Looks like you took the bait hook, line and sinker with this article that clearly misrepresents what Limbaugh sarcastically said. It's clear from the outset of the transcript that Limbaugh's point is there's no national interest in this fool's mission, and we're needlessly endangering the lives of our troops so Obama can score political points. If you're going to include a link to the transcript of the supposedly offending piece you might want to read it first - assuming accuracy is your objective.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Nice full-on frontal confrontation there, Skippy.

Yeah......kind of like your full-on frontal confrontational statement below, Skippy.

Nice.

The issue is Christians committing atrocities, and you want to make it about my opinion and what I can and cannot discern.

No, the issue is Rush Limbaugh whining about the President sending 100 tropps to Uganda to kill Christians. Any right minded person with the smallest hint of a clue would know that the LRA is not a Christian organization, hence my, claiming and being comment. Unless of course you are Rush Limbaugh that has a hatred that runs so deep for this President of our United States that you would try and make the case that the President is sending troops to Africa to kill Christians.

You were fine with the first sentence, and then screwed up with the second. Do you even know how to stay on topic and not confront the poster? Sheesh.

A question you should've asked yourself before you made your first post. Better yet, before commenting, did you even think about googling the LRA? If you had, I'm not sure you would've made the comment you did. Again, the topic was Limbaugh whining about the President sending 100 troops to Africa to kill Christians.

OK, I'll bite, what leads you to believe that I'm unable to discern the difference between the two? Please be specific.

Have you had the chance to research more about the LRA? If so, and you still stand by your assertion that the LRA is a Christian organization as they claim, so be it.

I'd say that I'm a little shocked that you are unable to believe that Christians have engaged in, and are currently engaging in such atrocities, but I'm not shocked at all.

How did you come to the conclusion that I am unable to believe that Christians have engaged in atrocities? Amazing. But hey, who am I to disagree with you if you believe the LRA is actually a Christian group.

Many Christians, at least in public, will try their dead level best to distance themselves from the atrocities that other Christians commit, even going so far as to claim that such atrocities would never be committed by real Christians. And yet they are.

So you stand by Limbaugh's comments and condem the President for going to Africa to kill Christians? Even though the Catholic Church in Uganda has officially disavowed the organization and its leader and that they are considered to be a terroist organization and Congress approved S.1067 - Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009 . If you believe this group of rebels are doing God's work, then who am I to judge. :rolleyes:
Hey, if you want to defend fact free, propaganda BS, feel free.