February 2010 Location

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
January was very good at both Ceva and Towne Air.
February, Ceva has been dead in past three weeks only worked two days for them, Towne has kept me fairly busy.
Rumors are going around that Ceva might close the Fort Wayne office since our stuff is trucked down from South Bend anyways
we have lost two office people with no replacement. If that happens, who knows what I'll do.

start looking or just do the hotshot deliveries..

Falligator

Expert Expediter
in dallas right now...will be in laredo bout 1 or 2....;) Gonna get that party started ;):D
Gsmacker and I saved ya a spot here at the J; All you need to do is break out the grill....LOL:DOh yeah, and OVM....Thanks now I'm probably not going to sleep very well tonight..worried about those darn ants...

Attachments

• saved u a spot.jpg
    saved u a spot.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
start looking or just do the hotshot deliveries..

yeah, i know it happened to you with your Ceva office, Towne Air also does expedite used to be Rocket, like the banner up above I wonder why they have not changed their ad on here.
I've got some things in the works, whichever way it goes

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How is it historical?

I mean it's snow, not a storm with lighting and thunder and an occasional flying cow?

It is snow, something that happens every year around this time in that part of the country.

Or are they exempt from the snow thing?

Nearly every storm has been labeled historic this year...where that came from I have no idea...:cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gsmacker and I saved ya a spot here at the J; All you need to do is break out the grill....LOL:DOh yeah, and OVM....Thanks now I'm probably not going to sleep very well tonight..worried about those darn ants...

Glad I could help...you feeling itchy yet...

Delivered early...now in Rochelle Ill, at the Petro.

Eddie....oh well...so be it...;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nearly every storm has been labeled historic this year...where that came from I have no idea...:cool:

Since global warming has proved to be a hoax they have got to hype snow storms to bolster the climate change theory.

Looks like you got a late night load.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Well i guess the people don't know what a dictionary is.

It is like this morning, had to drive to U of M in the nice weather, even with black ice. The local idiot news station was talking about the mess on I-96 near Brighton, which is always a mess. They kept saying "the is nothing but gridlock on east bound 96" Gridlock? Doesn't that mean that there is no movement in four directions like a grid? New York, Chicago but one direction on a freeway?

Listening on the way back, they are talking about the Wings and playing back some spot from a few years ago going into the new season "...the Defending Champions, the wings will be ..." The wings were not defending champions, they were the last season champions. When there is a defending champion, they don't go through playoffs but meet with an opponent at the end of the season to see if they lose their championship status. Think Boxing.

By the way every snowfall is historical, because it becomes history after it happens.

guido4475

Not a Member
Glad I could help...you feeling itchy yet...

Delivered early...now in Rochelle Ill, at the Petro.

Eddie....oh well...so be it...;)

That Italian restaurante in the Petro is awesome!!! Those garlic rolls will stop you up for a week !! ( a sure sign of good italian food)

guido4475

Not a Member
yeah, i know it happened to you with your Ceva office, Towne Air also does expedite used to be Rocket, like the banner up above I wonder why they have not changed their ad on here.
I've got some things in the works, whichever way it goes

So does Rocket no longer exist?

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Still sitting at the TA in Morris IL and still too many cargo vans in northern IL last count around 16 Landstar vans. I think I will head for the home 20 tonight and take day or 2 off if I dont get load today.

guido4475

Not a Member
Still sitting at the TA in Morris IL and still too many cargo vans in northern IL last count around 16 Landstar vans. I think I will head for the home 20 tonight and take day or 2 off if I dont get load today.

I'm here in Foristell, no on e here, but I have a feeling they are all bunched up in Pontoon Beach.Somehow I am not having that warm fuzzy feeling about this.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm here in Foristell, no on e here, but I have a feeling they are all bunched up in Pontoon Beach.Somehow I am not having that warm fuzzy feeling about this.....

Ask your dispatcher what they see?

Ok.. no more rest...just got another load out of N Ill.? going to Clyde Oh. 298 miles but delivers right away.:D

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Sitting at Dulles Airport collecting detention pay for something that is not here yet.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Started tues went to chicago p/u went to Eau Claire WI...dh to St.Paul. Then loaded going to Cloumbus IN then dh to Cincy Oh going to Detroit ..dh home to Kalamazoo to get new DOT physical ...now sitting @ home waiting for the next one ...

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Dead in the water. Drove into St Louis in limp mode. Second breakdown this week. Third this month. One of the breakdowns only cost $700. This time it's a thing called a swirl valve. Danthewolf00 can tell you about those things. It involves dropping the transmission, $3500, and backordered parts.

eb