your wildest invention.

termite289

Expert Expediter
i know that i have ideas pop into my head all the time while riding around. things that could make life simpler, or something that could never work, but sounds neat as heck. after all we have lots of time to think, here alone, in this wilderness of concrete and steel, filled with strangers, and even stranger dreams and ideas.
i was listening to coast to coast one evening, and they were talking about satellites, the space station, and the space debris that could hit it. it set my ginormous brain in motion without me even realizing it, and i came up with an idea for a garbage truck satellite.
basically it was a huge electromagnet, that was placed into orbit to collect the space junk, then as it came around the planet moving in the direction of the sun, another magnet on the other end of it would come on for a few seconds and the main collector magnet was switched off. thus causing the space junk to be sent out of orbit, and off into space towards the sun to hopefully burn up into nothing. or have it propelled back towards the planet to burn up in the atmosphere.
not that this would actually work, cause most of the space junk is probably not magnetic, or the stuff would just move into a higher orbit, but the thought was kinda neat i thought.

what brilliant innovations are lying in your ginormous brains????????????????? colaboration might make some of them come to life.

termite289

Expert Expediter
lets see, also i have a submarine made from Plexiglas and aluminum, which probably wont work, and a home heating system, which uses an electric hot water heater, and some heater coils from a 76 ford car which can be purchased for around $20 a piece, and a few 12 volt blower motors. if they can heat this cab to the point i have to turn it off, they should be able to keep a room warm. one heater coil for every room of the house should do it. 12 volt water pump to circulate the water, on a thermostat switch placed near the last heater coil in the loop before the water returns to the hot water heater.
see i get board a lot.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your electro-magnet idea won't work either. MOST of what is floating around out there are NOT made of ferris metals. Too bad, the idea of getting that junk out of orbit is good.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
that heater for you home is faily old idea but makes for really nice warm floors you take hoses an place in the subfloor of the house and hook them all together and run it threw the hot water heater though most systems do have a few pumps if you get the system balanced they are not readlly needed

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I invented the box. lol well a type of box it is a self cleaning box that mounts to the back of the cab to hold e track bars {pp} it is on the market i sell it through yellow rack you can find it @ freight handling equipment|cargo bar stowage|stowing load bars|load bar|cargo handling|freight handling|trucker tough|freight protection equipment|e-track|vertical logistic slots|replacement guarantee|driver accountability you will see a picture of the bars mounted on the back of my cab. This keeps me from having to keep swapping them from one trailer to another when i do swaps because strapping the bars to the frams isnt legal.

termite289

Expert Expediter
layshoter, i did admit that my garbage truck wouldn't work for that very reason in the paragraph following the description. but it was what got me thinking of this post.
hiwaystar, thank you, my wife says im deep, and dark all the time, she usually adds that im full of poop as well.
mjolnir31, more than one person was working on the television, and light bulb at the same time. and i was thinking of the boilers in the old buildings of ny city when i thought of doing it on a smaller scale using heater cores as radiators, i didn't think it was going to earn me a patten, or millions, or id never have posted it here ;)
scuba, i would have never known about that until you posted it here, cool, il look, and may get one.

"when you least expect it, ill make you smile"...god

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
When i was in the Truck show , looking to get into expedite , i thought that the right way to build an Expediter sprinter , is with a wall separate the sleeper from the freight ,
that can be moved to the back if the loading area is not full , there by providing more living space , and if needed , the bed can be placed vertical for more storage area .

also ,

If you are going to put 10 wheels on the ground ,
all the time ,
why not go with a Tractor , and a small reefer/LG Box Trailer
for the Class 8 / D Expediters ?
kind of endless opportunity's.

Moose.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
not a trucking invention but more for RV"S a pontoon boat with rollers for the back wheels that are geared up to Side-wheeler paddles so that you can boat up and down a body of water and stop and RV for awhile then back to the boat base and off up or down the river.A largish trolling motor to move boat to dock while empty.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I invented an unnecessary self censoring program. Let's test it on termite's post.

your wildest invention.

i know that i have **** pop into my head all the time while riding around. things that could make life simpler, or something that could never work, but sounds neat as ****. after all we have lots of time to **********, here alone, in this wilderness of concrete and steel, filled with strangers, and even stranger **** and ideas.
i was listening to **** to **** one evening, and they were talking about satellites, the space station, and the space debris that could hit it. it set my ginormous **** in motion without me even realizing it, and i came up with an idea for a garbage truck satellite.
basically it was a huge ******, that was placed into orbit to collect the space ****, then as it came around the planet moving in the direction of the sun, another ****** on the other end of it would come on for a few seconds and the main collector ****** was switched off. thus causing the space **** to be sent out of orbit, and off into space towards the sun to hopefully burn up into nothing. or have it ******* back towards the planet to burn up in the atmosphere.
not that this would actually work, cause most of the space **** is probably not magnetic, or the **** would just move into a higher orbit, but the thought was kinda neat i thought.

what brilliant innovations are lying in your ginormous *****????????????????? ************ might make some of them come to life.

termite289

Expert Expediter
moot,
i see that your self censoring program works to add confusion. if it were blanking out swear words, then it would make sense, as it is though, i'm afraid the only people whom you could market this too, would be congress, and the vice president. lol

well the shuttles were once referred to as space dump trucks, wonder if we could manipulate them into picking up some of the junk.

Last edited:

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
I invented Satellite Radio. No, seriously. I was straight out of High school when I came up with the idea. I was studying communications & journalism, and I thought to myself that as rx only satellite antennas continued to get smaller that it would be a wonderful advancement to have the ability to travel from coast to coast, and potentially the entire globe, while listening to your favorite radio stations.

Only my idea was slightly different, in addition to new national channels, you could subscribe to "local channel banks" for your hometown, or even subscribe to several cities, and be able to listen to say "Chicago" radio stations coast to coast.

I was naive enough to research it far enough to use it in a college paper (I got an A+), and turned around and offered my idea to 10 satellite communications companies in exchange for advice on it for my project paper. 2 years later the patent was taken, and 5 years later satellite radio was born, and I don't have a penny to show for it. :(

I also came up with an idea for a narrow beam vehicle proximity sensor on the back of trucks that would start flashing red lights in a wig wag pattern with a reflective sign that says "STAY BACK" if a vehicle got too close to the semi truck. It could in addition notify the truck driver that a vehicle was too close, and could even trigger a backup camera to start recording, and optionally sound a rear facing horn to alert the (possibly inattentive) tailgating driver. It could be turned off automatically when the truck was in reverse, or manually from a switch in the cab by the truck driver (for say instances of rush hour traffic if the driver chose).

I'm still trying to figure out if their is a design/product out there for an under truck storage box for a pallet jack. One that has a power lift to raise and lower the storage box to the ground, for ease on the driver's back, and more storage room in the cargo box. Just roll the pallet jack into the underside box, fold down the handle, close the door and the storage box rises back into the stowed position. A truck driver told me that's already out there, but I haven't found proof it does yet.

Last edited:

wellarmed

Not a Member
moot,
i see that your self censoring program works to add confusion. if it were blanking out swear words, then it would make sense, as it is though, i'm afraid the only people whom you could market this too, would be congress, and the vice president. lol

well the shuttles were once referred to as space dump trucks, wonder if we could manipulate them into picking up some of the junk.

your on the right path now. A space "Tow Truck" could pull the junk into the earths atmosphere where it could burn up. I try to think sometime,but I just get a headache.:D

termite289

Expert Expediter
saturnista,
the low beam proximity waring device, seems kind of redundant to me, as the back of my truck is 8 foot wide, and 13.5 feet tall. but i like the camera idea on the back of the trailer, to capture those crazy drivers who ride far to close, some states have the plates on the front of cars, so when you have a clear video of the driver, the plate, the car, and the danger, post it on you tube with attention (what ever state highway patrol) and see if you get any hits on it. suggest a mini spy cam that is wireless, with receiver in the cab. not sure if the range would work, and the one i have at home has night vision, but is only black and white. would require a vcr in the truck, or digital recorder but that is a pretty cool idea. also would help with cargo security at night in rough neighborhoods.
will ponder on your pallet jack box, and see what i can come up with.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
moot,
i see that your self censoring program works to add confusion.

Yea that was my intent. I didn't mean to pick on you. I was in a weird mood last night. I spent the weekend with 12 friends who I don't see very often at our annual golf outing. After reading your thread and watching a video clip my son sent me, well......

Check this out: YouTube - Unnessary Censorship

2czykats

Seasoned Expediter
I invented the box. lol well a type of box it is a self cleaning box that mounts to the back of the cab to hold e track bars {pp} it is on the market i sell it through yellow rack you can find it @ freight handling equipment|cargo bar stowage|stowing load bars|load bar|cargo handling|freight handling|trucker tough|freight protection equipment|e-track|vertical logistic slots|replacement guarantee|driver accountability you will see a picture of the bars mounted on the back of my cab. This keeps me from having to keep swapping them from one trailer to another when i do swaps because strapping the bars to the frams isnt legal.

I like this setup. I would have bought one when I used to drive. I would think trucking companys all over would buy these if resonable enough. Good luck and I hope you get rich.