You'll take it from my cold dead fingers!

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They need to take the computers out of the cars,all cell phones away all mp3 players away from the cops also.plus the little mikes on there shoulder.
what good for the goose is good for the gander.there not no better than you or I.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
I gotta admit that I'm on your side on this issue Streakin, I just don't agree with the pig references.

I realize that there are many LEO's out there that have no business wearing the badge, but the majority of them are professionals doing a tough job and don't deserve this kind of disrespect.

Being married to a prior LEO of eleven years, pig references on my part would be a very bad thing. Thankfully, the respectable ones like my wife in law enforcement, rise above that perception in the public's eye because of the professionalism they demonstrate while performing their job, but that type LEO is getting fewer and farther between.

I am not kidding though, his badge name was Yorkshire. Since it does not provide his 1st name on the badge and I would have guessed him to weigh 350-375 lbs at less than 6' tall, I chose to name him Porky. I gotta wonder how he can even run in a foot chase when he could hardly get in and out of the door of his patrol car?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I gotta wonder how he can even run in a foot chase when he could hardly get in and out of the door of his patrol car?

Thats an easy answer HE CAN'T. And hopefully he never comes face to face with a REAL bad guy where he has to fight or die.... the fight part won't last long. I think LEO's should have to conform to physical standards as well...for their own safety.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Thats an easy answer HE CAN'T. And hopefully he never comes face to face with a REAL bad guy where he has to fight or die.... the fight part won't last long. I think LEO's should have to conform to physical standards as well...for their own safety.

He's a typical bully. And bullies comprise a large percentage of cops. They were bullied as kids and now they're bullies, themselves. The OP account at the top is a prime example. How any pig thinks he's entitled to make such demands is beyond me. It used to be in some countries, decades ago, that cops had to salute a citizen before they addressed them. It's probably not that way anymore, but it should be. When I'm elected Grand Poobah...

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not sure if this was Posted anywhere on E.O. yet or not.Looks like it may have been published last friday???But not sure on the real date..

Transportation Secretary Won

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced yesterday that he would not support the National Transportation Safety Board proposal to ban all cell-phone use while operating a motor vehicle, even though he is still committed to combating distracted driving.

Last week, the NTSB urged states to prohibit the use of all cell phones and other portable electronic devices while driving. That means no texting or calling, not even from a hands-free device, while behind the wheel.

UncleTed

Not a Member
Got stopped by Porky Yorkshire of the Alabama clan the other day. Here's how it went:
PY: Driver, give me your cell phone.
DR: I beg your pardon sir?
PY: Driver, cell phone NOW!!!
DR: Why do you need to see my cell phone?
PY: To see if you've been texting or talking while behind the wheel.
DR: I have not sir,anyway its my wife's phone and she's in the
in the sleeper.
PY: I DON"T CARE! PHONE NOW!!!
DR: Sir, did you observe me talking or texting?
PY: Doesn't matter. If theres any calls received or texting while
you were driving, your getting a ticket!!!
DR: But sir, what if my wife was the one using her phone not
me?
PY: Doesn't matter. Phone's within your reach so I'm to assume
you were the one using it. Hand it over now!
DR: No sir. Wife's phone. She's in the sleeper and I'm not waking
her up for this, nor are you. Get a warrant if you feel the need.
PY: Driver, I can make your life miserable if I choose.
DR: Yes you can, as I can take you to court. You have just
made an unwarranted threat of which my wife whom is
prior law enforcement just witnessed from our sleeper.
How much longer do you plain to detain us sir?
PY: Get the Hell out of here driver.

Grow some b*##s drivers and stop this abuse from ignorant porkchops in patrol cars. THIS IS WHAT THE NEW CELL PHONE LAWS GETS US!

I would have invoked the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution and demanded to be taken to jail!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not sure if this was Posted anywhere on E.O. yet or not.Looks like it may have been published last friday???But not sure on the real date..

Transportation Secretary Won

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced yesterday that he would not support the National Transportation Safety Board proposal to ban all cell-phone use while operating a motor vehicle, even though he is still committed to combating distracted driving.

Last week, the NTSB urged states to prohibit the use of all cell phones and other portable electronic devices while driving. That means no texting or calling, not even from a hands-free device, while behind the wheel.

Everything I've read on the proposed ban of all cellphones [including the article linked] cites one accident as the reason: a noncommercial [teenage] driver rearended a tanker truck stopped due to a lane closure. The teenager was then rearended by a school bus whose driver said he was distracted by a motor coach on the shoulder. The school bus was rearended by a second school bus whose driver was simply following too close.
The investigation showed the teenager had sent/received 11 texts just prior to the crash, but at the moment of impact, NOT ONE OF THE DRIVERS WAS USING A CELLPHONE, and that suggests to FMCSA that cellphones should be banned for all drivers, even handsfree?!
FMCSA seems to operate in some Twilight Zone, where different rules apply, because they sure don't make sense in the world where we live [and drive].

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The investigation showed the teenager had sent/received 11 texts just prior to the crash, but at the moment of impact, NOT ONE OF THE DRIVERS WAS USING A CELLPHONE, and that suggests to FMCSA that cellphones should be banned for all drivers, even handsfree?!

Ah but Missy, you don't realize the FMCSA has been a federal entity since January, 2000 and that's like over a decade old. Plus they can solicit "robust input" whenever and from whoever they **** well please. Who are you to question the FMCSA? And who am I to question you for questioning the FMCSA?