you van people......

denny2010

Expert Expediter
first i give kudos to u van drivers.. i tried it for a month and couldnt do it. but i going back into a straight truck with my wife. it has all the comforts we need. i salute you..

ps, its sorta of like a hospice nurse, takes a special kind of person........

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
There a tough breed all right. I don't think I could live in something that small.
But I did see a Sprinter that had 2 skid capacity and a sleeper big enough for me.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
My hats off to the van drivers, not for me, will stay in my straight truck!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
first i give kudos to u van drivers.. i tried it for a month and couldnt do it. but i going back into a straight truck with my wife. it has all the comforts we need. i salute you..

ps, its sorta of like a hospice nurse, takes a special kind of person........

This post, I believe, will assist anyone looking at starting up in the business.

I read on EO recently that "newbies" gave the impression that the seasoned expeditors were "trying to put them off so there would be less competition" (or words to that effect).

Now we have Denny who has tried it and can give testimony to what experienced expeditors have been saying all along.

:)

gatorfan068

Active Expediter
Thank you.....I've done it for 5 yrs so far. I love it! I dont have to sit at a truckstop. I can go to a lake,state park,city park,to a mall,to a post office and sit wherever I feel. I love the in and out of Mickey D's and get back on the big road..... : )

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thank You!! But what didn't work for you?? I mean yea if you were in a low top cargovan, i can see that as an issue coming from a ST, but i can't see the issues for a sprinter or bigger type van...my sleeper is 6 .5 ft long x 78 in high, twin size bed, frig, micro wave, 22 in flat screen tv...ac and heat without idling...and I can stand up and walk from the ft seat to the bunk...

But again, Thanks....:)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Thank You!! But what didn't work for you?? I mean yea if you were in a low top cargovan, i can see that as an issue coming from a ST, but i can't see the issues for a sprinter or bigger type van...my sleeper is 6 .5 ft long x 78 in high, twin size bed, frig, micro wave, 22 in flat screen tv...ac and heat without idling...and I can stand up and walk from the ft seat to the bunk...

But again, Thanks....:)

Maybe he's not short like you are:p;)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
lol, then i guess he is taller then 6 ft..:D

LOL I'm 6'2" could I stand up in your van? how high is the roof?
Does you van have a vinyl seat? You going to get a seat cover? Vinyl in the summer equals sweaty butt and back LOL

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yes you can standup in my van, the ceiling is 78 inchs tall as i mentioned in the 1st post. yeap the city is vinyl but it also has the "Oregon Air" seat cusion that is covers the seat base and back area... so, no i don't sit on vinyl...my back isn't even in contact with the vinyl seat...but if it will make you feel better, i do have another "aftermarket seat" out of my "conversion van" that i can put in it the need comes up...takes about 45 minutes....oh and you can stand up completely between the ft seat and the frig before you go back into the bunk area....:D

Oh and it is also 74 inches wide at the beltline where the matteress is mounted across the van, so you could totally stretch out on the bunk....you can either lay in bed and watch TV , or sit in a chair on the floor, there is enough space...and you would still have to get up and walk to the frig to get a "beverage or food item" of your choice as you watch TV or a DVD....:D

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yes you can standup in my van, the ceiling is 78 inchs tall as i mentioned in the 1st post. yeap the city is vinyl but it also has the "Oregon Air" seat cusion that is covers the seat base and back area... so, no i don't sit on vinyl...my back isn't even in contact with the vinyl seat...but if it will make you feel better, i do have another "aftermarket seat" out of my "conversion van" that i can put in it the need comes up...takes about 45 minutes....oh and you can stand up completely between the ft seat and the frig before you go back into the bunk area....:D

Oh and it is also 74 inches wide at the beltline where the matteress is mounted across the van, so you could totally stretch out on the bunk....you can either lay in bed and watch TV , or sit in a chair on the floor, there is enough space...and you would still have to get up and walk to the frig to get a "beverage or food item" of your choice as you watch TV or a DVD....:D

Wow, I have to get up and walk through the dining room to the kitchen, you have it made:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey, I am on vacation out here...not like this is a "job" or anything...one has to be comfortable and enjoy when they are on vacation.....:D

guido4475

Not a Member
Yes, I can see where my 12 FTx77x68 sleeper, stand up from the seats to the back, side door entrance, would be too small, cramped, even for someone as fat as I am...lol.. This is, when empty, and the sleeper size will vary when loaded with the size of the load...Give it up? No way!! I can park virtually anywhere, no hassles,complaints, etc...Free to do what we will, whenever we want to..Kinda like the song freebird by lynrd sknyrd

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
[ yeap the city is vinyl but it also has the "Oregon Air" seat cusion that is covers the seat base and back area... so, no i don't sit on vinyl...

How do you know the air is from Oregon and not China?