WWW....Who Wears Watches

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A distinguished member mentioned losing his watch.

How many people still wear wristwatches ?

And why or why not.

I stopped wearing one when I started turning wrenches.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm a watch guy. I've worn a watch since 3rd grade when I got a Timex for .50 and a bunch of Franco American Spaghetti can labels. In high school I converted wrist watches to pocket watches using a loop of leather lace through both pins on the watch with the ends knotted. Then I would thread the watch through the the lace and belt loop and into my pocket.

Since I started expediting I'm back to wearing a watch on my wrist. I've gone through a few Casio dual time diver watches that have an analog face set to real time and a digital window showing Panther time. I got sucked into a Kickstarter thing called Chronos. It's a small disc that adheres to the back of a standard watch converting it into a semi-smart watch. It would vibrate for text messages and phone calls. It worked well for a few months then fell apart.

I liked having the phone alerts so I got sucked into a Pebble Smart watch. The watch worked okay and lasted about a year and Pebble went out of business. Now I have an Apple watch ll. I get alerts and dual time zones plus a bunch of other junk I don't use.
Apple Watch.png

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
A great friend of ours (Terry O'Connell) gave me this watch his day always wore. I added a new band and have to remember to wind it morning and night. I enjoy wearing a watch once again and one that I consider very specialIMG_0078.JPG

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a few that I choose from. I like a watch because I don't have to take anything out of my pocket or unclip from my belt or anything else, just tilt my wrist and I know the time.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No watch for me.

When i was in the uniform/towel rental business, i would consistently get hangers caught on the strap. Tore off so many watches i just stopped wearing them.

Reactions: RoadTime

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haven't worn a watch since mud mixing days, nor my wedding ring. Some things don't belong anywhere near a running cement mixer.

Both of our phones are set to local time; right now it's 18:42 in God's Time (what President Truman called his home zone, Central). The van's clock is set to Eastern.

Sent from my LG-M150 using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When at Disney World I use the Mickey Watch face. The nice thing about the Apple Watch is there are hundreds of watch faces to choose from and all can be customized. This watch face, Mickey's right foot taps out each second.
Mickey 890.JPG

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Old expediter joke

Expediter to Mechanic “ What time is it ? “

Mechanic “ Who do you drive for ? “

Expediter “ What difference does that make ? “

Mechanic “ It’s six fifteen. If you drive for FedEx, the big hand is........”

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't wear one that much any more. Smartphones have mostly eliminated my need. But when I do wear one, this is it...

2013-02-11_06-51-40_878a.jpg

Reactions: Moot and RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When at Disney World I use the Mickey Watch face. The nice thing about the Apple Watch is there are hundreds of watch faces to choose from and all can be customized. This watch face, Mickey's right foot taps out each second.
View attachment 17356
That's pretty neat. I like the customization. I'll have to look into that.
Although, I'm guessing it's more then I want to spend.

Update...Pretty much gave up looking for my watch

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a few that I choose from. I like a watch because I don't have to take anything out of my pocket or unclip from my belt or anything else, just tilt my wrist and I know the time.
That's pretty much why I like wearing a watch.

Must be getting older, I need the biggest digital display, good back lighting, and tells me the day and date. I lose track to easily now

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's pretty much why I like wearing a watch.

Must be getting older, I need the biggest digital display, good back lighting, and tells me the day and date. I lose track to easily now

That’s what expediting will do to you.

Reactions: RoadTime