WWW....Who Wears Watches

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Nancy hates when I get a haircut this short, but at 85* it feels good, so hey
You sure don't look 85. You must exercise regularly and eat healthy on the road. ;)

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You sure don't look 85. You must exercise regularly and eat healthy on the road. ;)

I wish. No, WOM is correct; next January, Lord willing, I hit the big six oh.

Yesterday was a beautiful spring Saturday, hence the 85* (asterisks are the new degree symbols ). Hopefully today stays the same; we’ve got the rest of Iowa to cross.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Moot and RoadTime

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I used to wear one all the time. Broke a nice once while making an arrest (when I was a LEO). Stopped wearing one about 2.5 years ago when battery died!

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A distinguished member mentioned losing his watch.

How many people still wear wristwatches ?

And why or why not.

I stopped wearing one when I started turning wrenches.

Over a month later, the case of my missing watch has come to a end. But really has me scratching my head.

In the beginning of my search, I joked to myself that like other things I've misplaced, I'm probably looking right at it. This was the case as I found it today.
If I didn't know better I'd say someone was playing a joke on me.

I found it today hanging from the power cord on the back side of the microwave. This area is open and highly visible, should have seen it many times as I access the draw beneath it, or when just looking that direction from the drivers seat. I also prepare all my meals on top off the microwave just above it. How I did not see it till now blows my mind.

Well, I have 2 watches now. Hopefully, I can keep tabs on at least one of them

IMG_4360.JPG

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Over a month later, the case of my missing watch has come to a end. But really has me scratching my head.

In the beginning of my search, I joked to myself that like other things I've misplaced, I'm probably looking right at it. This was the case as I found it today.
If I didn't know better I'd say someone was playing a joke on me.

I found it today hanging from the power cord on the back side of the microwave. This area is open and highly visible, should have seen it many times as I access the draw beneath it, or when just looking that direction from the drivers seat. I also prepare all my meals on top off the microwave just above it. How I did not see it till now blows my mind.

Well, I have 2 watches now. Hopefully, I can keep tabs on at least one of them

View attachment 17488

Yeah I saw it there the other day when we were talking

(jk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
just started wearing a watch again, for so long used my phone for time. new apple watch is kind of neat. there is so much you can do with it. tells you how much you walk in a day. when swimming tells you how many laps you do while working out. amount of walking is amazing in a day of 2 or 3 miles a day and 15 to 13 miles a week

Reactions: Moot

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Being deaf now but cochlear implant user i use a bluetooth device called "ditto" tagged to my cellphone for when i sleep but it also has a built in programmable alarm thru a smartphone app. I wear this just like a wristwatch but still have to look at the phone to see what time it is.