Would you buy a ticket?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Would you buy a raffle ticket for an APU or a percentage of cash for $25?

I talked to a non-profit group today while at the hospital with my wife, they asked for ideas and I thought that this may be good for them to raise the $10K they need.

Would you?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm sure tickets would sell but I suspect they would sell far more at $10 per ticket than $25.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Who would the tickets be sold to?

Anyone who wants to buy them

Where would they be sold?

Don't know, there are restriction to their ability to sell in other states due to some issues over no uniformed laws, may be sold over the internet.

I asked to see what would be the reaction to the $25 ticket opposed to a $5 or $10 ticket. At $25/ticket, the chances are 1 in 1000 of winning and with a $10 ticket the chances are 1 in 2500. They are trying to raise $10,000 and the cost of the three prizes is around $12K and the cost is estimated at $3K (the APU is one, the other two I don't know what could be there).

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I didn't ask my question correctly, and I'm not sure how to word it. LOL

When you say "APU" do you mean the type that would be used on a truck? If so, then would the neighbor down the street (that isn't a driver) be interested in something like that?

I'm still not sure I worded this right.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I wouldn't for an APU. What else have you got ro raffle?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
pelicn
Truck APU, when they run the raffle, I am told they have a cash option that is 70% or 80% of the value of the grand prize, so I would say anyone could purchase a ticket.

Col, don't know. I suggested a tire monitor system, PM/oil change X5.

Just ideas.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It is a small children's charity out of Flint.

I just talked to them and they want me to put together some sort of promotion plan and do the leg work for them, so if it happens I will post the website and the info.

Tickets will be set at $15 each at this point but may increase to $20 if they take my suggestion if they want to make a quick sale of the tickets, use the commission system for the sales of the tickets.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greg, keep me informed on it. Want to come to the Monroe Ducks Unlimited dinner? April 5, 2008. It's a great time. Layoutshooter

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Greg, there are some truckstops that will allow a charitable cause to set up in their space, if you ask. I recently bought some popcorn, (at 6 times the price I normally pay!), from a Cub Scout who had a table at the Pilot in Seville.