Working to hard

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
[Honda I congrats and my thanks on your service. But what in the world are you doing this for a living with such a committment that you put yourself into?

You sir are really in the wrong occupation, as in any occupation your suppost to make a living not spend it, and your spending it on fuel going back to your committment. Makes no sense to me would have been the last job I would have taken with what you have done in the ways of committments.

I wish you well. And very Serious THANK YOU I always appriciate someone serving.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... its obvious why the guy swapped .

Is it? I mean, you're probably right, but I can think of a dozen other reasons why the load might have swapped.

now if its a pickup from a shipper i woulda taken it, the principle stated was people taking the meat and leaving the crumbs...i dont live on crumbs,...
If you would have taken it from a shipper and gone 300 miles, then there's no reason not to take it on a swap for 300 miles. None. 300 miles is 300 miles. There is no principle involved here, unless you're letting another driver's decisions yank your tail, and by extension, jerk your business. By not taking the load you didn't somehow "I'll show him" and get back at him, or at Panther. Your revenue will be impacted precisely the same regardless of where the load originated.

My bank account has a tough time differentiating between $267.89 and "crumbs", between dollars and emotions.

I understand the deadhead to get back for military duty, and places like Knoxville, San Antonio and Shreveport, while not something you'd want to do, it's at lease doable. But honestly, if I knew I had to report to Ionia on a certain date, if there was any chance that I'd have to deadhead back, I'm not sure I'd have accepted loads to Portland and San Francisco a week or two prior to those dates.

CatDance.gif

Wag your own tail.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Hondaking, congratulations on your service to our Country. Could you not explain or ask of Panther to try and find you some type of back haul when you have to do your service commitment.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
dont get me wrong i am not compaining, someone in a earlier thread said something about my deadhead and i was showing yes i have a dead head of around 40% so be it..its the life i chose.... not anyone elses...lets see load to sanfranciso had 8 days to get a load out of there same with san antonio shreveport maybe 3 days portland maybe 4 days..not a biggee because ya never no..ya can get out a load in 5 minutes or as shown ya might not in time alloted....turtle i guess u run your business your way and i will run mine,the way i see fit...i guess if you dont like the way i run mine..then get a life...i cant put it any more plain then that

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
soooo many einsteins and conclusion jumpers on here....that no about everybody elses lifes.......makes me think they have no life....:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
turtle i guess u run your business your way and i will run mine,the way i see fit...i guess if you dont like the way i run mine..then get a life...i cant put it any more plain then that
If you don't want your business decisions commented on, then don't post them in public.

Telling me to get a life because I may make a different business decision that you, well, that's just mean.

All I did was post how I see things, offered up suggestions that others can use when faced with similar situations that you can posted about, so they can see how you handle them and how someone else might handle them. I wasn't being mean, and I certainly wasn't telling you to get a life because your decisions differed from mine. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
hondaking,
all I know is your carrier can't penalize you for your military commitments. I'm sure you know that. It's part of the Solider's and Sailor's relif act. I guess Airmen and Marines are just screwed. Just kidding, every branch is covered.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
soooo many einsteins and conclusion jumpers on here....that no about everybody elses lifes.......makes me think they have no life....:)

Honda... YOU opened that can of worms; nobody else. Air your laundry, and you're bound to get a couple comments about how your socks smell. ;)

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Ok guys lets not get personal here, I started this tread so I am asking that it be locked.
Times are bad for all of us right now, and we need each others support not bickering.

Panther Art

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok guys lets not get personal here, I started this tread so I am asking that it be locked.
Times are bad for all of us right now, and we need each others support not bickering.

Panther Art

Support is exactly what you're getting, it's just not in the form you'd like. You had an opportunity to make money on the weekend, something that doesn't always happen in expediting. Instead, you seemed to think it was a sound business decision to make nothing. Turtle simply gives the alternate view that generating revenue is a good thing.

This is a good thread for the Newbs to read and shouldn't be shut down just because it didn't turn into a bashing session.

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Support is exactly what you're getting, it's just not in the form you'd like. You had an opportunity to make money on the weekend, something that doesn't always happen in expediting. Instead, you seemed to think it was a sound business decision to make nothing. Turtle simply gives the alternate view that generating revenue is a good thing.

This is a good thread for the Newbs to read and shouldn't be shut down just because it didn't turn into a bashing session.

I stared this thread and was the one that asked that it be locked so that they would be no bashing.
And just where do you read that I turned down a weekend load.
why do these treads so many times go off in the wrong direction.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I stared this thread and was the one that asked that it be locked so that they would be no bashing.

Maybe all threads should immediately be locked to eliminate the possibility of bashing.

No one got bashed. We're all adult children here and we can settle our differences in our own way.

It's easy enough to do in this particular thread - he simply got you and hondaking confused - as you two have similar posts and similar situations.

"Wrong" is a subjective term. There's no right or wrong, only different.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I did get confused. You have my sincere apologies.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Speaking of misunderstanding & Bickering does anyone know if "Dreamteam" went on to sign on with Panther, and if so how are they doing.

groinster

Seasoned Expediter
The thread started off strong, took a turn for the worse, a cat fight ensued, apologies, then....
This has been a terrible winter, but i guess if i took every load that Panther offered, it might have been different. Who knows. We all run our businesses very differently, can't we just leave it at that.