Cargo Van Will we be able to work through Coronavirus?

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
China is getting touchy feely about Trump referring to coronavirus as the Chinese virus. Why shouldn't we hold China accountable, even liable? Liability doesn't look at intentions, are you responsible or not? Has China directly hurt the world economy?

Reactions: hdxpedx

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of our daughters is a sales analyst. She's been sending out informative graphs about coronavirus from a subreddit called dataisbeautiful. People post infographics and data visualizations of all kinds.

It's worth a look ...

Reactions: simplykelsi

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul should be tarred, feathered and let loose in either NYC or SF Chinatown.
Republicans should call out these incompetent idiots for who they really are.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul should be tarred, feathered and let loose in either NYC or SF Chinatown.
Republicans should call out these incompetent idiots for who they really are.
Agree with you , except 2 points.
1. could see the Tarred , feathered including "all Politicians " as well ..
2. I agree with the simple requirement of having proof of a "Social Security number " for Government Aid . Maybe I am Old School on this but just my Opinion..

sent from my Recliner..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2. I agree with the simple requirement of having proof of a "Social Security number " for Government Aid . Maybe I am Old School on this but just my Opinion..

sent from my Recliner..

Imo it has nothing to do with being old school or not. In this particular circumstance, we need to get every human that's walking around this country. Documented or not. Unless you'd like for people to die. Pretty simple ...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

sent from my Recliner..

.... or are you like the Pharaoh that thinks the Angel of Death will not harm those in Iowa?
Coronavirus does not discriminate, it does not recognize boundaries.

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Imo it has nothing to do with being old school or not. In this particular circumstance, we need to get every human that's walking around this country. Documented or not. Unless you'd like for people to die. Pretty simple ...
.... or are you like the Pharaoh that thinks the Angel of Death with not harm those in Iowa?
Coronavirus does not discriminate, it does not recognize boundaries.
Like I said "Just " My Opinion...
Most of " US " having chosen what State and town/city to live in . Within those choices come positive and negative things such as Hog Smell /Open Farm ground Cold Weather life,
Heavily Populated/Big City life ,
Warm Temperatures/Heavy Population Life ,
Big City /Heavy Industrial Life ....etc
But in my Opinion if you have "Chosen " to live in the United States of America then you should have follow the same rules as You , Me and other Documented Citizens. File for Social Security number , have in possession a "Legal " birth certificate. Pay Taxes , Drivers License, Proof of Insurance for Vehicle driven .
I understand People's thinking of providing Health care /Food and possible housing to Undocumented people in the U.S. .
But I feel We as a Country should make sure Our Senior Citizens /Disabled and VETERANS are taken care of first .
Like I said just my Opinion and I am "Not " getting into a heated discussion on this site .
We all have Our Own Opinions.... let's start Respecting them instead of arguing who's Right and who's Wrong...

sent from my Recliner..

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trading on Wall St is stopped for a 4th time as the market is in free fall again; as the Senate sits on its hands.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think Wall St will bounce back.....might take the rest of the year and maybe only get to 24,000 type numbers but unless you are an investor cashing out right now...life will go on.
IMO, get something flowing immediately to regular folks first and defer taxes till later, make mortgage payment deferrals possible. People like Boeing will be fine and are better equipped to handle 6 or 8 months of disruption than Joe and Sally six pack who are living paycheck to paycheck and are likely scared s***less watching the news. And a relief bill or package doesn't need to be mercilessly filled with pet political causes that all involved know will just enrage the "other" side and delay it all. The relief package announced today up here in Canada contained some funding for pet projects that have nothing to do with a virus or its effects...things I don't necessarily mind the gov't funding but it doesn't belong in an emergency fund.

Hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks we will all be panic fatigued and calmer heads prevail (maybe start wondering what the heck they are going to do with all that toilet paper). Hopefully we also see that the vast majority of people recover from this and people will quit thinking if you get it it will lead to certain death.

As for the politicos who are still using all this to push their agendas (seen it from both sides)....hopefully voters remember this and maybe put aside blind partisanship and turf out at least the worst offenders. A message needs to be sent to some of these politicos who have lost touch with reality that a world exists outside of politics and sometimes s**t gets real out there and it isn't about them anymore.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know who's most likely to panic and think the world is ending?
So I'm at my local sporting goods store purchasing a piece of exercise equipment with my future Trump check and I hear over the intercom "customer needs help with the ammo". That reminded me that there is a run on that stuff right now.