Why would you move a post to the FedEx only fourm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Greg,

Whoa!

You have been the most vocal member on keeping forums relevant to their category and encouraging us to move threads to relevant forums.

Sorry - this post has just taken me back! Is this a fundamental change in how you think a forum should be managed?

Totally mystified this weekend with this topic. ARGH!

Not saying this in a wise way at all but.... if you have been reading with an open mind you might have a better understanding where this is coming from.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg,

Whoa!

You have been the most vocal member on keeping forums relevant to their category and encouraging us to move threads to relevant forums.

Sorry - this post has just taken me back! Is this a fundamental change in how you think a forum should be managed?

Totally mystified this weekend with this topic. ARGH!

Fundamental change? Not at all Lawrence, please read it again.

I am reinforcing what you thought all along.

This rule goes both ways, to keep a carrier centric thread in the carrier forum is as important as keeping a non-carrier centric thread out of the carrier forum. I am using Leo as one example of 10 that I found in the FedEx forum that are not really about FedEx. The information in those thread have little to do with FedEx, they however have much to do with members at large.

I think you need to think about the passion behind some of the member's desire to see what can be thought of as their way of looking at what is right in a forum, not just as rules to be followed - it's an emotional thing I guess. It is frustrating (I know) that this happens and the reasoning behind it sometimes doesn't make any sense at all but seeing we are members who care, it sometimes matters to us if Dave can post about 'his' thread in the forum that the thread landed in which brings up a possible solution to allow just the original poster to post in the thread where ever it lands and only the original poster (yes it can be done).

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't believe I've posted anything spurious in the Fedex forum. You probably want to say my van outfitting question didn't belong in there but since the van was to be signed on with Fedex it belonged there to get carrier specific information. I don't believe there could be any other thread even questionable. It's possible I made a mistake and posted something there I intended elsewhere, since I'm not one of the perfect ones, but I don't think so.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
IF it is possible to set it up so a person can post only to a single specific thread in a forum, and I don't know that it is, it adds significantly more work to the admin team who are already doing a lot of work. I believe it only works to say who can post to particular forums so that wouldn't work as it would allow an individual unlimited posting in every thread in the given forum.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Ok guys, stop beating it, that might be enough. Let me check . . .

65099-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Stinky-Dead-Horse-With-Flies.jpg

Yea, it's definitely dead.:eek::D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
........ so that wouldn't work as it would allow an individual unlimited posting in every thread in the given forum.
OHMIGAWD !!!!!!

........ Nooooooooo !!!!!

........ we certainly can't have that ........ along with the "less than overly productive" comments and threads, it will surely be the downfall of the EO empire ...... the Republic is lost my friends ....... :eek:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
You people are completely missing the point.

Greg the complaints have nothing to do with the nuts and bolts of a dang post or a thread. While your post is okay it has nada to do with the bigger picture.

The moderator (Leo) has become more of a censor than a moderator. He has decided to delete, lock, and move threads for no other reason than he did not like what was said. If it had anything to do with a particular carrier that did not reflect anything other than praise or love, it would get moved to someplace where the general membership could not post any comment. Unless he just up and deleted the post.

You should NOT just Willy Nellie move a post because a carrier was mentioned, especially when it deals with just one carrier. And most of us have seen it and know that it happens at least four times more often when dealing with that ONE carrier.

If you are going to change how we are allowed to respond about a certain carrier. Just come out and say it.

Four or Five posts moved (so that the general membership can't respond) one locked and one deleted. Is this where your going?

A couple of weeks ago Bolt got their hat handed to them in the general forum and I did not see LEO do a **** thing to either stop it or move it to the Bolt only forum.

Again Greg your late to this party, get into nuts and bolts in a different thread.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Man, I don't know what your problem is. I answered, to the best of my knowledge and ability, a specific point made about a specific issue. You don't like me or have a problem or whatever and want to nit pick everything I say. Yippee. Knock yourself out and have fun.

And Jim, you need a bigger pill. I didn't move the thread you are all urinating yourselves over. If you don't like my moderating contact admin and discuss it with them. I work for/at their discretion. If/when I get complaints from them I'll do things differently.

Oh, and congrats to you for reading every word of every post in the forums. I have a life so I only get to read maybe half at most so I don't always see everything that you perfect folks see. It must be a heavy burden, being perfect.

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Man, I don't know what your problem is. I answered, to the best of my knowledge and ability, a specific point made about a specific issue. You don't like me or have a problem or whatever and want to nit pick everything I say. Yippee. Knock yourself out and have fun.

Nope Leo, it's what I tried to politely convey to you earlier and you know how you responded to that. You are being too heavy handed, and to protective of that one carrier (although you aren't the only one who has made it your single mission in life to quash all comments about a single carrier).

Status
Not open for further replies.