Why are general questions asked in carrier forums ?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
By asking questions that aren't specific to the carrier the posters are keeping members that may have good info from being able to post that info unless they start a new thread .

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Because the mods don't move them.

The Mods need to move everyone regardless what the OP original intent was, if this ruffles the OP's feathers, that's ok but reading a lot of these questions it seems like they need, not just should but need to end up in other parts of the forum.

aileron

Expert Expediter
Crazynuff,

I think this question is referring to my post about PrePass. This is why I posted it in there. I thought that PrePass has different programs for different companies and I wanted to know what FedEx people with PrePass have to say. My bad. If mods want to move it, it wouldn't ruffle my feathers. :)

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
Crazynuff,

I think this question is referring to my post about PrePass. This is why I posted it in there. I thought that PrePass has different programs for different companies and I wanted to know what FedEx people with PrePass have to say. My bad. If mods want to move it, it wouldn't ruffle my feathers. :)

I know you like to fly, but I didn't know you have feathers :p :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Aileron,

To me, it wasn't your post but a series of posts that go on and on that are not company related in all the "special" forums.

I pm'ed you with info because I didn't think it was a big deal - its about helping others.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Because the mods don't move them.

The Mods need to move everyone regardless what the OP original intent was, if this ruffles the OP's feathers, that's ok but reading a lot of these questions it seems like they need, not just should but need to end up in other parts of the forum.

Seems more an more not being moved to appropriate forums.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Crazynuff,

Your post was just one of several I had in mind . I don't believe Prepass has different policies for different programs for different companies . I know it is at the discretion of each weigh station how to utilize prepass . I know in TN in particular I won't get the green light from a scale then later in the day I'll get the green light at the scale headed in the opposite protection .

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
The safety record of your company,in most cases will determin,how often you get a green or red light.The speed you've run thru the state,and if in-motion scale,your weight.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Regarding Prepass. Is there a place you can buy one? Other than online so I don't have to scan all the documents etc?
I don't have a scanner, so scanning documents would be kinda hard :rolleyes:
Also, some of the question on the online app. Like what type of carrier, am I considered a common carrier?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Regarding Prepass. Is there a place you can buy one? Other than online so I don't have to scan all the documents etc?
I don't have a scanner, so scanning documents would be kinda hard :rolleyes:
Also, some of the question on the online app. Like what type of carrier, am I considered a common carrier?

According to your signature you are not a carrier . You are leased to a carrier and they would have to apply for the PrePass .

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's the poster's right to put it in there. Why move it? He/she may only want to hear from the ones they work with. I don't think any post should be moved out of the carrier's forums...if so, why have them?

Screech

Not a Member
By asking questions that aren't specific to the carrier the posters are keeping members that may have good info from being able to post that info unless they start a new thread .

Why is a carrier forum question being asked in a general forum??

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's the poster's right to put it in there. Why move it? He/she may only want to hear from the ones they work with.
That's exactly why it's done, they only want responses from those who are with their carrier. It's very snotty and snooty, as if responses from those with other carriers are somehow irrelevant, that those who drive for other carriers aren't good enough to engage in conversation with, their opinion or what they have to contribute doesn't matter. It happens sometimes in all forums where a general question is asked, but if you notice, it happens a lot in one particular carrier forum. A lot.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why is a carrier forum question being asked in a general forum??
Considering the fact that the original question is not even remotely carrier specific, and is in fact a general forum question, one can conclude that it's because it affords you the opportunity of padding your posting count towards legitimacy with otherwise meaningless responses like this one. :cool:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Considering the fact that the original question is not even remotely carrier specific, and is in fact a general forum question, one can conclude that it's because it affords you the opportunity of padding your posting count towards legitimacy with otherwise meaningless responses like this one. :cool:

Or like this one? :)

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
. . . It happens sometimes in all forums where a general question is asked, but if you notice, it happens a lot in one particular carrier forum. A lot.

No, haven't noticed. Only a very few members have the time and the morbid curiousity to go through all of the Carrier specific forums in order to compare the topics discussed and come to the above conclusion.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One, there's a difference between noticing something, in making a simple observation, and in taking the time to detail and catalog a comparison amongst all the forums. The latter I have not done. The former is a no-brainer, easily observable condition for anyone who routinely clicks on "New Posts" to view all new postings regardless of the forum the postings reside within, rather than going through each forum on an individual basis.

Without even looking, with human nature being what it is, and thus the nature of carrier-specific forums being what they are as an extension of human nature within, one can confidently state that it happens sometimes in all carrier-specific forums where a general question is asked. And in casual observance of how many times I and others who have commented on it have tried, but was prevented, from replying to a general question because it was in a carrier-specific forum, I can confidently make the subjective and relative statement that it happens a lot in one particular carrier-specific forum. There's certainly nothing morbid about such a casually observable conclusion.

It may very well be a wholly inaccurate conclusion, purely an illusory corollary, but I don't think so. Only a detailed examination of the various forms will answer the question, something I have no desire or inclination to do. I would much rather jerk the chains and push the buttons of the snooty and the snotty, to see who responds in snooty and snotty fashion. :cool:

Two, I won the bet. Thanks. The bet was that the first person to respond in challenge my statement would be someone who is not merely leased on to a specific particular carrier, no, no, no, that wasn't enough, they would also have the very same carrier in their sig that you just happen to have in yours. I cannot tell you how funny that is.

Poke, poke, poke, prod, prod, prod... like any of this matters.... :D

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Turtle said:
Two, I won the bet. Thanks. The bet was that the first person to respond in challenge my statement would be someone who is not merely leased on to a specific particular carrier, no, no, no, that wasn't enough, they would also have the very same carrier in their sig that you just happen to have in yours.

Big deal;), thats about as risky of a bet as betting that the sun came up Yesterday