Why are general questions asked in carrier forums ?

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
. . . There's certainly nothing morbid about such a casually observable conclusion.

Keep telling yourself that. Anyone with over 4000 posts in a 3 year period is anyhing but a casual observer.

I would much rather jerk the chains and push the buttons of the snooty and the snotty, to see who responds in snooty and snotty fashion. :cool:.

So when you are bored with your casual forum surfing, you decide to entertain yourself by insulting your fellow expediters and forum members who have made a business decision to contract with a certain company.
Do you think that this might be one possible reason that EO decided to create carrier specific forums?

. . . I won the bet. Thanks. . .

Question: What is the easiest bet for a turtle to win?
Answer: One in which he makes up the bet after knowing the outcome, of course.

Poke, poke, poke, prod, prod, prod... like any of this matters.... :D

It may or may not matter. It is just a little sad that someone with your ability to contribute so much worthwhile information to EO lowers himself (herself? Itself?) to perpetuating negative stereotypes in order to fullfill some unknown agenda that I will not even attempt to address.

This all begs the question:

If tomorrow, you decided it would be in your best financial interest to contract with the Carrier in question, would you?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Keep telling yourself that. Anyone with over 4000 posts in a 3 year period is anyhing but a casual observer.
Well, it indicates that I'm an interested observer and an active participant, who is very likely addicted to the Internet. But it certainly doesn't indicate that I would take the time to do as you have asserted. In any case, I', not sure why you want to turn this into something personal. Clearly, I have done something to offend you in some way. For whatever it is, I do apologize.

So when you are bored with your casual forum surfing, you decide to entertain yourself by insulting your fellow expediters and forum members who have made a business decision to contract with a certain company.
Apparently so, yeah. Those who feel insulted likely have a reason to feel that way, tho. The reality is, however, I'm poking fun at the perception of the stereotype rather than at the actual reality of it. But, based on your reaction here, perhaps the perception is closer to the truth than I thought.

Do you think that this might be one possible reason that EO decided to create carrier specific forums?
No I don't. People had been asking for them for a while, largely in response to the occasional monopoly that the sheer numbers of whiny Panther drivers could put on the General Forums, and those who were not with Panther simply got tired of having to sift through all that crap. And when he created them, Dale gave his reasons for doing so. Since it has been my experience that Dale is an honest man, so I have no reason to do anything other than take him at his word. I have therefore not speculated as to any of the other possible reasons. However, logic would dictate that if the forums were created even in part for the reasons you suggest, then they would have been created in private to prevent the travesty I have inflicted upon some of the drivers of the carrier in question, so that if you can post there you can read there, but if you can't post there, you can't read there, either. But that's not how they have been set up. Anything further would be pure speculation.

Question: What is the easiest bet for a turtle to win?
Answer: One in which he makes up the bet after knowing the outcome, of course.
That statement says a lot more about you than it does me.

Question: Have I ever given you any reason to believe me to be a liar?
Answer: YES (__) NO (__)
Just mark it with an "X" and fax it in.

It may or may not matter. It is just a little sad that someone with your ability to contribute so much worthwhile information to EO lowers himself (herself? Itself?) to perpetuating negative stereotypes in order to fullfill some unknown agenda that I will not even attempt to address.
The agenda is not all that unknown: I'm here first and foremost to have fun. If it's not fun I'm gone. I am (or was) having fun here poking at a stereotype, a stereotype that you unfortunately validated when you came after me personally. You didn't even address the issues within the stereotype, you came right after me, instead. I wonder why that is? Is it because you don't like me for some reason unknown to me, or is it because you are, in fact, snooty and snotty and you don't like it when someone points that out? If you want to dispel the myth of the stereotype, rather than personify it, you might instead consider not being snooty and snotty.

This all begs the question:

If tomorrow, you decided it would be in your best financial interest to contract with the Carrier in question, would you?
I'm not sure why any of this begs that question, but to answer it, yeah, sure, I absolutely would contract with the carrier in question if it were in my best interest to do so. I can't think of a single carrier that I would refuse to lease onto if it were in my best interest to do so. When it comes right down to it, a carrier is a carrier is a carrier, for the most part. I have no animosity towards any carrier, nor do I have any loyalty to any carrier. A carrier's first responsibility is to the carrier, my first responsibility is to me. Who I am leased onto is secondary to that. As long as I run my business properly and I'm profitable and am achieving my goals, who the DOT numbers on the side of the van belong to is irrelevant to me.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I want to know if people who no longer drive for a company still can post in the company's forum?

Not saying there is anyone but what if there is?

Isn't the digital world wonderful, Thank you ALGORE for this thing you invented called the INTERNET.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I want to know if people who no longer drive for a company still can post in the company's forum?
Dunno about currently ... there was one guy (no longer around, actually banned I think) that still had access to my carriers forum after he had left.

(Personally, I think restricting posting to carrier forums is about silly ......)

Not saying there is anyone but what if there is?
Jack Berry: can you still post in the Bolt Forum ?

Hopefully, now that you are at E1, you aren't still the moderator of the above forum :rolleyes: (..... now that would be really funny :D)

Last edited:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
. . . I', not sure why you want to turn this into something personal. . ..

Nothing personal here. In fact I have found your posts to be some of the most informative, humorous and entertaining on EO.
Remember, that shiny EO award up on your mantle was presented to you by Moi.
Keep having your fun just don't expect your insults to go unanswered and don't take it personally.
When your nomination comes across my desk for next years awards I will give it the same consideration as I did last year; however, a little extra back stage smoozing and palm pressing wouldn't hurt.

. Question: Have I ever given you any reason to believe me to be a liar?
Answer: YES (__) NO (__)
Just mark it with an "X" and fax it in. .

Due to the hassle factor of hooking up my fax machine, I would like to respond on this forum.
NO
Didn't mean to imply that you were a liar, just that you were using a little literary license to add perceived validity to the point you were making. I appologize for implying such a harsh judgement upon you and appologize even more for enjoying it while I was doing it.

. a stereotype that you unfortunately validated when you came after me personally. .

Hmm. Not sure how defending a certain stereotype validates that a person would actually be that stereotype. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

. If you want to dispel the myth of the stereotype, rather than personify it, you might instead consider not being snooty and snotty. .

Please highlight the specific post where I was "snooty and snotty" and I will do my best to correct whatever behavior comes across in that manner. Thank you in advance.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nothing personal here.
Oh, OK, sorry. The insinuation that whatever curiosity I may have is one of morbidity, and then using my post count to make a judgment as to how I occupy my time threw me off there a little bit.
In fact I have found your posts to be some of the most informative, humorous and entertaining on EO.
Like I said, I'm here first and foremost to have fun. I certainly don't expect anyone to agree with anything I say, but if I'm going to subject people to reading it, the least I can do is make the attempt to give them something entertaining to read. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much.

Remember, that shiny EO award up on your mantle was presented to you by Moi.
It's my most cherished award. Seriously. :)

Keep having your fun just don't expect your insults to go unanswered and don't take it personally.
Generally speaking, my insults are usually right there in your face and unambiguous, not hinted at or veiled. In this case the only thing I was insulting is the arguably hilarious perception of the stereotype. And whenever anyone from the carrier in question does something that falls within the stereotype, I'm practically obligated to poke fun at it. For example, there's abslutely nothing wrong with being a cheerleader for you carrier. Just the same, I'm gonna poke fun at that. I think it's hilarious. Some will agree, some won't. People are people, and some are snotty and snooty. I've run across snotty and snooty from nearly every carrier, it's just that when I run across it from one carrier in particular, because of that silly stereotype, it becomes funny. :D

When your nomination comes across my desk for next years awards I will give it the same consideration as I did last year; however, a little extra back stage smoozing and palm pressing wouldn't hurt.
To know me is to love me.

Due to the hassle factor of hooking up my fax machine, I would like to respond on this forum.
NO
Didn't mean to imply that you were a liar, just that you were using a little literary license to add perceived validity to the point you were making. I appologize for implying such a harsh judgement upon you and appologize even more for enjoying it while I was doing it.
No real need for an apology. I actually thought it was funny, too. The bet really was real, tho. I would have posted my prediction as part of the original comments, but, of course, doing so would have guaranteed my losing the bet. Considering the stakes was a free steak, I didn't want to risk it.

Hmm. Not sure how defending a certain stereotype validates that a person would actually be that stereotype. I'll have to get back to you on that one.
That reminds me of a conversation I had with a dispatcher at my beloved carrier, when I commented that it drives me crazy that they don't even try to differentiate between good drivers and bad drivers, but instead treat everyone to the lowest common denominator. The response I got was priceless: "That's not true! We treat everybody the same!"

Please highlight the specific post where I was "snooty and snotty" and I will do my best to correct whatever behavior comes across in that manner. Thank you in advance.
"Keep telling yourself that." = Snotty

"Anyone with over 4000 posts in a 3 year period is anyhing but a casual observer." = Snotty

"So when you are bored with your casual forum surfing, you decide to entertain yourself by insulting your fellow expediters and forum members who have made a business decision to contract with a certain company." = Snooty

Don't get me wrong, I've got a lot of snotty in me. And of course, the carrier I'm leased on to pretty much prevents the possibility of me being snooty about them, because they're, well, you know. Yeah, you know. But the difference is, when someone of a particular carrier is even remotely snooty and snotty, it's, well, you know, hilarious. But it's all good.

cheerleader_sm.jpg

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.