EO University Workshop Whos attending the Monroe Workshop

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
I might nodder off but at least I wasnt pushing people into anything.

Like I said, dannywoof, if someone isn't pleased with what's being said, let him or her invest time and energy to produce their own presentation. Otherwise, listen to what's being said, ask some questions, and take away any ideas that may help you.

If it's a matter of manners, as your text alludes, you wouldn't have tried to dominate the evening like you did.

It might surprise you, but there were a few others in the room with some knowledge of the business.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
Idk i rember the screen name i met a few lol i slept since then so im a little foggy lol but to each there own im still with notanewbie i will only run single carrier its just me im a team player but i have to be quarter back lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Like I said, dannywoof, if someone isn't pleased with what's being said, let him or her invest time and energy to produce their own presentation. Otherwise, listen to what's being said, ask some questions, and take away any ideas that may help you.

If it's a matter of manners, as your text alludes, you wouldn't have tried to dominate the evening like you did.

It might surprise you, but there were a few others in the room with some knowledge of the business.

It might surprise you, but your lecturing anyone on manners is decidedly ironic. If you practiced what you're preaching, a private msg would have been better than publicly demeaning someone who apparently meant to be helpful.
I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure Notanewbie handled it as the seasoned pro he is: with respect for even those who "apparently have little or no knowledge of what a truck is".

EO is about helping people. At least, until they deliberately act like a jerk.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It might surprise you, but your lecturing anyone on manners is decidedly ironic. If you practiced what you're preaching, a private msg would have been better than publicly demeaning someone who apparently meant to be helpful.
I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure Notanewbie handled it as the seasoned pro he is: with respect for even those who "apparently have little or no knowledge of what a truck is".

EO is about helping people. At least, until they deliberately act like a jerk.

But you just did the same thing your lecturing someone else for doing. Call me confused.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
But you just did the same thing your lecturing someone else for doing. Call me confused.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Ok, Confused: which part of "deliberate" isn't clear?
Wolverine's rudeness [even changing the username to 'dannywoof'] was unprovoked and uncalled for. If he thought the behavior he was so snarky over was deliberate, it'd be different. Knowing it wasn't, and flaming someone over it anyway is the definition of arrogance. And arrogance just ruffles my feathers.

Flaming people who deserve it, though? I'm in!
:eek:

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Ok, Confused: which part of "deliberate" isn't clear?
Wolverine's rudeness [even changing the username to 'dannywoof'] was unprovoked and uncalled for. If he thought the behavior he was so snarky over was deliberate, it'd be different. Knowing it wasn't, and flaming someone over it anyway is the definition of arrogance. And arrogance just ruffles my feathers.

Flaming people who deserve it, though? I'm in!
:eek:

Not to belabor this, but if wolfy's constant interruptions weren't deliberate, then they must result from a severe case of ignorance. Since you didn't attend I really don't care how much this upsets you. I know it won't keep ME from sleeping soundly!

I don't know what "flaming" is, but I certainly thought I knew what "arrogant" meant. If it means challenging an attendee for boorish, disruptive behavior then I suppose I'm arrogant.

Since it seems to be bothering you a lot more than it's bothering me, you can take ownership and worry all you want. Have at it.

By the way, I've always enjoyed your writing. Perhaps we could establish a dialogue. Please PM me, as I have no idea how it's done.

Respectfully, from Arrogant Ann Arbor, Wolverine.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Wow just wow grumpy Wolverine....guys please leave Wolverine alone because in his mind nobody but him self is right ever.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
Wow just wow grumpy Wolverine....guys please leave Wolverine alone because in his mind nobody but him self is right ever.

Now you're beginning to get the picture, dannywoof. Earlier you referred to me as "gumpy". That's as funny as some of the terms Do-Gooder Cheri tosses out.

On the other hand, "grumpy" is a very apt description. Wolverines are not only grumpy, they are normally vicious, solitary, selfish, and gluttonous to a fault - often driving 'wolves' off their kill and feeding voraciously while defending it against any and all.

If you don't see the analogy I'm developing here then I doubt you aren't bright enough to discern why I criticized your behavior in the first place. Maybe Cheri was correct in chastising me for publicly attacking you, but the business world is a cold, cruel venue...much like a wolverine's habitat.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now you're beginning to get the picture, dannywoof. Earlier you referred to me as "gumpy". That's as funny as some of the terms Do-Gooder Cheri tosses out.

On the other hand, "grumpy" is a very apt description. Wolverines are not only grumpy, they are normally vicious, solitary, selfish, and gluttonous to a fault - often driving 'wolves' off their kill and feeding voraciously while defending it against any and all.

If you don't see the analogy I'm developing here then I doubt you aren't bright enough to discern why I criticized your behavior in the first place. Maybe Cheri was correct in chastising me for publicly attacking you, but the business world is a cold, cruel venue...much like a wolverine's habitat.

IF you are truly all that...WHY in the world didn't YOU say anything at the meeting?...would seem to be the place and moment....doing it now seems somewhat anti climatic...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think it is time to give it a rest. Wow....and it is only Monday. Lighten up a little.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
IF you are truly all that...WHY in the world didn't YOU say anything at the meeting?...would seem to be the place and moment....doing it now seems somewhat anti climatic...

He didn't say anything at the time because, being the ferocious little skunk bear he is, as he said, he didn't have the nerve to. But he has no problem coming onto a public forum at a later time, when it's safe and he's not likely to get the crap kicked out of him, and publicly belittling someone.

I don't know what "flaming" is, but I certainly thought I knew what "arrogant" meant. If it means challenging an attendee for boorish, disruptive behavior then I suppose I'm arrogant.
But you didn't challenge him for boorish, disruptive behavior. Instead, you waited until later and berated him from afar. The former is arrogant, the latter is coward.

You can be just as grumpy, vicious, solitary, selfish, and gluttonous to a fault as you like, but you don't have to be a dick about it. When you do, you violate #2, #3, and #5 of the Code of Conduct, as you have done in this thread.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I said it before and I'll say it again [only this time, with apologies to all the Michigan sports fans I didn't think of before!] a wolverine is just a weasel by another name.
Sometimes I do gooder than others.
;)

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter

I certainly considered doing exactly that, OVUM, but it really wasn't my place to gag him.

As any experienced presenter knows, there is a tactful way to defer questions and comments to the appropriate time.