who is slow

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Pretty busy but surprised at the little amount of auto freight. Most decent paying loads seem to be Uncle Sam gigs at least for the first two weeks this year.

Well, we did get a late start do to the changing of truck numbers when we went LLC. That took three days.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Still waiting for things to pick up today....still optimistic about the week though. I just hope I can get out of here by tonight.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
It is the slowest January since we start this business. Panther cargo vans.Hope will pick up in the next weeks.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I can't complain at all..I have run good miles and made real good money since going back in seervice on 1/3...

Now, we wil see .... i am empty and there are a bunch of units in the area...time will tell...but even if it is slow the rest of the week, I am ok on the income area...ahead of where I was last yr at this time...LOL...:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't complain at all..I have run good miles and made real good money since going back in seervice on 1/3...

Now, we wil see .... i am empty and there are a bunch of units in the area...time will tell...but even if it is slow the rest of the week, I am ok on the income area...ahead of where I was last yr at this time...LOL...:D

so much for skill and knowledge....right place, right time...LOL

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
its slow for the bolt drivers in Laredo,,they are so bored they are rotating their valve stems to make the day go faster,,well its the truth,,,I could be wrong, I have already rotated my lug nuts,lol,,in El Paso, tomorrow,,will take my windshield out and dust the dashboard tool:D if I'm here over the weekend I dint have a clue as what to do,,maybe play tourist and spend money..........................sky

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok, OVM was dispatched out of Laredo within 4 hours of dropping last weds...trip up to Taylor mich...and it paid over a buck a mile....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Slow....?

Lets go back in time to the spring of 2009....SLOWER then molasses

Dodge and GM shutdown during the bankruptcy ...many lost their trucks and vans..

Now Jan 2010...me and others, best January ever...why? My best guess
Less trucks and vans and auto plants were back gearing up...

2010 was a good year pretty consistently...no big evacuation/loss of trucks....now 2011 pretty much a more normal January...
too many trucks/not enough freight...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Slow....?

Lets go back in time to the spring of 2009....SLOWER then molasses

Dodge and GM shutdown during the bankruptcy ...many lost their trucks and vans..

Now Jan 2010...me and others, best January ever...why? My best guess
Less trucks and vans and auto plants were back gearing up...

2010 was a good year pretty consistently...no big evacuation/loss of trucks....now 2011 pretty much a more normal January...
too many trucks/not enough freight...

I ve been busy, good month so far for me and Im still new at this business. Me and my old one ton,,,similar to ur old Dodge
98 but a 2002, yep dust dirt bugs and rust holds her together, oyea,,I think there is oil in the engine ,,it helps.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I only did one run last week. M-Th there were no runs. Friday though was one of those 10 mile gems I love so much. Profit wise I made twice as much on that than I did going to Lordstown, Ohio a lil while back.

Monday I'm pre booked on a double run. Same pick up spot, 2 delivery destinations very close to each other. Hopefully I'll get something else too, but if not I'll view it as I got a run out & a run home.

So yea it's a bit slow but I'm hagingin in there.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Still running well for January. Up to $12k so far and was home for 4 days over MLK weekend.:)

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Hmmmm... been running 13 days straight now all across the southeastern states.

Right now I see an All States Express Chevy van at the Pilot in Corbin Kentucky. Love to stop and chat but its a bit early to wake a stranger up and there are some techs waiting on this 1000# spool of wire.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Hmmmm... been running 13 days straight now all across the southeastern states.

Right now I see an All States Express Chevy van at the Pilot in Corbin Kentucky. Love to stop and chat but its a bit early to wake a stranger up and there are some techs waiting on this 1000# spool of wire.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

dant

Seasoned Expediter
ive been so slow with my company im in laredo been here sunday 11 am till now and still no luck i dont understand whats up with my company but it has to change here fast

idtrans

Expert Expediter
ive been so slow with my company im in laredo been here sunday 11 am till now and still no luck i dont understand whats up with my company but it has to change here fast

Laredo is 1 of 2 ways either you get there and get lucky and get out fast or plan on camping out a while. I usually park at night in the corner of the flying J where there is probably about 15 vans at the moment. BTW The TA has the clean bathrooms incase you gotta set down and think on a thrown the hook has terrible nasty showers and bathrooms. and I wont even cross the tracks to the diseased foul pilot .

BTW the golden corral rocks down there large selection of home made mexican foods.

And it's been super slow for me so I have been home working on my properties yippy i changed a toilet today LOL tomorrow I get to do plumbing work i am so excited I could just poop .

BE safe everyone and don't worry it will pick back up soon.