Which is it?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is this a case of government out of control or people looking out for the welfare of children? Should government be able to remove otherwise healthy children from parents based on their political beliefs? Remove them because of what their parents named them?

I in NO WAY approve of the ideas that the Nazi's put forward. Nor do I in any way think that naming a child after Hitler is a wise or good move. I also don't believe that the government has ANY legal authority here. I see little difference between the Nazi's or the actions of this judge.

[h=1]Judge orders ‘Adolf Hitler’ to be kept in child custody[/h]
A Superior Court judge in New Jersey has ruled that a pair of self-described Nazi parents will not regain custody of their four children, one of whom they named Adolf Hitler.

The New Jersey Star-Ledger reports that the four children have been in child custody since 2009when then 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell made headlines that January after a local store refused to decorate a birthday cake with his name.

Yes, it turns out that "Snooki" may not actually be the most offensive name in the Garden State. Sadly, three of the couple's four children are actually named after Nazi figures and terminology.

The children's father, Heath Campbell, protested Superior Court Judge Robert Reed's decision, saying it was based purely on the names of his children rather than the couple's ability to serve as parents.

"These kids weren't abused. Our kids weren't taken because of abuse," Campbell said. "I'm honest about who I am and what I am."
The Star-Ledger reports that representatives for both sides of the case have remained silent: Attorneys for the couple have declined to comment on the case and the state's Division of Youth and Family Services is bound by confidentiality laws.
Interestingly, Campbell did say he was willing to put his ideology aside if it means being able to get his kids back.
"If I have to give up my Nazism, then so be it. I'll do it," he said. The children are "more my heart and soul and everything than anything."

Campbell and his wife, Deborah, have reportedly separated. In April, it was reported that theAmerican Nazi Party had registered its own lobbyist on Capitol Hill.

Judge orders

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Government out of control. Child Protective Services should not even exist. They have far too much power to take children away from parents. They can remove children without due process. It's insane.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe this also reeks of "thought crime" and punishment without benefit of trial. Not that should even BE a trial in this case, assuming the article is right. It is not the business of government what a parent names their child or their political ideas.

This is very scary stuff.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I believe this also reeks of "thought crime" and punishment without benefit of trial. Not that should even BE a trial in this case, assuming the article is right. It is not the business of government what a parent names their child or their political ideas.

This is very scary stuff.

"thought crime" :confused: not heard of that one :confused:

I still think there is more to this story than we are being told right now.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"thought crime" :confused: not heard of that one :confused:

I still think there is more to this story than we are being told right now.

Thought crimes comes from the novel "1984" by George Orwell. It is the idea that government can control what you think, that certain thoughts are illegal.

There may be more to this, I was just commenting on the face of it. It did state that the children have not been abused and are in good condition.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would guess that this is a liberal judge that has his or her hand on the pulse of the nanny state... This is a ridiculous ruling. Parents have every right to screw up the minds and lives of their kids as long as they are not abusing them by the law... these kids will have enough to contend with having to deal with the thoughtless decision their parents made in those names along with being raised within such a hateful ideology...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would guess that this is a liberal judge that has his or her hand on the pulse of the nanny state... This is a ridiculous ruling. Parents have every right to screw up the minds and lives of their kids as long as they are not abusing them by the law... these kids will have enough to contend with having to deal with the thoughtless decision their parents made in those names along with being raised within such a hateful ideology...

There is no way I would approve of the idea of Nazi. That is why this ruling bothers me so much. It is based on the idea that the "State" knows better than parents how children should be raised. While that may be true in some cases, do we really want the state that involved in the family?

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
i know that hitler is probably not the brightest choice for names,but has child services gone after the hollywood crowd for for some of the idiotic choices for names of their kids.:confused:

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
what's next telling american-mexicans they can't name their kid "jesus" after all that is becoming the most offensive name in this country and around the world.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't even fathom a situation where the "state" knows better how to raise children. The very idea that the "state" can just come in and take away your children (in any case, but especially when they can take them away and "we'll sort it out later, once you prove yourself worthy of getting them back"), is obscenely abhorrent to me. It's what slave owners did to many slave families. It's outrageous. Tho whole "erring on the side of the children's safety" is a crock of donkey logs. It's nothing more than a legalized version of people telling other people how to live and how to think. It's kidnapping under badge of authority, and it is the ultimate in liberty lost.

On a side note, Adolf Hitler is at least a real name. Mychael, Syndee, Aeric, and Khaytelynne, are not.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't even fathom a situation where the "state" knows better how to raise children. The very idea that the "state" can just come in and take away your children (in any case, but especially when they can take them away and "we'll sort it out later, once you prove yourself worthy of getting them back"), is obscenely abhorrent to me. It's what slave owners did to many slave families. It's outrageous. Tho whole "erring on the side of the children's safety" is a crock of donkey logs. It's nothing more than a legalized version of people telling other people how to live and how to think. It's kidnapping under badge of authority, and it is the ultimate in liberty lost.

On a side note, Adolf Hitler is at least a real name. Mychael, Syndee, Aeric, and Khaytelynne, are not.

I firmly believe that this is just the beginning of what is to come.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
I can't even fathom a situation where the "state" knows better how to raise children. The very idea that the "state" can just come in and take away your children (in any case, but especially when they can take them away and "we'll sort it out later, once you prove yourself worthy of getting them back"), is obscenely abhorrent to me. It's what slave owners did to many slave families. It's outrageous..
yes it is outrageous, just so GLAD there is no more slave owners today
Tho whole "erring on the side of the children's safety" is a crock of donkey logs. It's nothing more than a legalized version of people telling other people how to live and how to think. It's kidnapping under badge of authority, and it is the ultimate in liberty lost. ..
WHAT people telling other people how to live and how to think is the ultimate in liberty lost. so GLAD it doesnt happen today

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Layoutshooter, not to sure why you pulled my quote to respond to... we agree... maybe I just didn't state my thoughts simple enough

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshooter, not to sure why you pulled my quote to respond to... we agree... maybe I just didn't state my thoughts simple enough

Your thoughts were clear. I was just expounding on them. They cannot be said often enough. Sorry if you misunderstood. I often am not clear when I write. I think faster than I can type. Please understand.