Where Were You On 9.11.2001 ?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Aside from the rage we all felt at the death of innocents and innocence [for those who didn't believe we could be the terrorists' victims here at home], the hardest thing that day was NOT taking my 10 year old daughter out of school. I knew it was selfish, [but sometimes, that's appropriate], and I also knew it wouldn't help her to be glued to the tv with me, crying nonstop. Was a bad day to be a parent, for sure.

Twe2011: please remember, when you pass the temple in Maumee, or anywhere else you see Muslims: they are innocent too. Think how you'd feel if a family member committed some atrocious crime, and suddenly, the neighbors distrust you, too.....:(

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Aside from the rage we all felt at the death of innocents and innocence [for those who didn't believe we could be the terrorists' victims here at home], the hardest thing that day was NOT taking my 10 year old daughter out of school. I knew it was selfish, [but sometimes, that's appropriate], and I also knew it wouldn't help her to be glued to the tv with me, crying nonstop. Was a bad day to be a parent, for sure.

Twe2011: please remember, when you pass the temple in Maumee, or anywhere else you see Muslims: they are innocent too. Think how you'd feel if a family member committed some atrocious crime, and suddenly, the neighbors distrust you, too.....:(

Ok, I thought about and I thought about all that have died due to their religion and culture. I have many friends that have not returned from overseas and I thought about how much our tax dollars went into building that mousque or whatever you call it.

In the past couple of years I have thought how many of restrauants and other business have been given to them and others out of our tax money....or they got a tax write off to assist them.

Also, I have read their holy koran and noticed statements regarding how they think woman are beneath them and on top of the fact...it is taught to them not to like christians.

As for not trusting me....I don't them after I have seen incidents where the wife hide behind her husband then the husband stating I did not give her permission. Then the judge demisses it.

I feel angry.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I was on my way to Carthage tn to make sales calls on local businesses. One place had a tv on and all the employees were in one place and I saw one of the 2 planes hit a tower. Im still angry of sorts..................

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
Working residential construction a couple of miles from home. The property owner called us in to see it all unfold on the TV. I dropped my tool belt and wanted to head to the military recruiting office. One of my guys reminded me I was 46 years old and had a family at home. I swear if I'd have heard anyone of middle eastern descent that day hollering "death to America" I'd still be locked up and they'd be gone for good. When I pass that mosque by Maumee I think of 9/11. I probably always will.

Deville

Not a Member
At W.P.B airport-waiting for my sons flight to come in from CT.
his plane got thru 15 minutes before the attack. We were'nt sure if the plane was comming in or being deverted. Orig. they wanted to bring the plane back to Bradley-they left it up to the pilot's decression-they brought it in to W>P.B. the passengers had no idea what was going on.

Then took a load into Staten Island. Unbelivable day

The views from SI was so depressing, down on Bay street by the ferry you had a clear line to the trade center it was very telling. You could look up in the sky at any point in SI and see plooms of smoke filling the sky.

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I was unloading in Toronto, ON. Consignee came out to the dock and had me come in and watch the TV. I had 2 more drops on my truck. Delivered them, didn't pick up return load. Boss wasn't up for customs that day.
The Canadian radio stations were saying that the border was closed. I called the broker I dealt with at Sarnia. She said it was still open, so I put it in the wind. Came to a stand still at the 3k mark. Five hours to get across the border from there.
When I remember the Canadian station playing Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA, it still brings up tears.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I was just walking out the door on my way to the EO office when a friend called and said to turn the tv on. We watched with horror and sadness. I left around 10:30 am in shock, we spent the rest of the day at the office around the tv with our colleagues thinking and praying for the families.

Our office is 5 mins from CVG, it's always loud from all the take-offs and landings - but it was silent, it was most disturbing.

I hope we never forget the criminals who did that.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Was approaching the GW from the East about the time the first plane hit. I certainly was happy I was going the right direction for once. Didn't know about anything going on intill I got to PA.

jj214

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I know the airports were on lockdown but what about the bridges into the US? Anyone get caught up in that?
I crossed from Detroit to Windsor on 9/11, just as I pulled into the customs compound, the radio announced the bridge was closed. I delivered to Alliston and returned the next day. Truck traffic was backed up on the 401 for at least 5 miles. Canadian red cross brought out coffee and food. I was in a van and went cross country until I came up to the back entrance to the bridge and was able to cross back in a couple of hours.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was unloading in Toronto, ON. Consignee came out to the dock and had me come in and watch the TV. I had 2 more drops on my truck. Delivered them, didn't pick up return load. Boss wasn't up for customs that day.
The Canadian radio stations were saying that the border was closed. I called the broker I dealt with at Sarnia. She said it was still open, so I put it in the wind. Came to a stand still at the 3k mark. Five hours to get across the border from there.
When I remember the Canadian station playing Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA, it still brings up tears.
We delivered in Toronto that morning as well. We slept until noon. The first messages on the Qualcomm were about all the bridges and tunnels to NYC being closed.
You were smart to check the border situation before heading back. We spent 19 hours on the 401 trying to re-enter at Detroit.

RANDYnRONDA

Seasoned Expediter
I myself was in Lansing at work. Randy was getting some rest after making a delivery. Last I knew he had been crossing the GW, well when I called to make sure he was ok, he informed me that he was in the safest place a person could be... he was parked 5 miles from the Pentagon. I did feel some relief at that time. Within 20 min. of hanging the phone up the Pentagon had been hit. I called and told him to get out there, he said to me.. where do I go? they are coming out of the sky..He did get a load out and drove right under where the plane went down in PA. I then called him and told him not to come home as they were following him.LOL

That is a day I will never forget.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
was in romeo mi.We opend the bar early.By 11 the place was packed other then the news anchors no one was talking.Almost everyone had wet eyes.Had no real family in michigan at the time so was glad to be with the people I cared about that day.I will never forget and hope others feel the same way

NYC Police Officers and Firefighters were not invited to the 10th anniversary of 9/11 at Ground Zero..... The mayor claims there isn't room for them. They weren't invited 10 years ago on that day in 2001 either. They just showed up and did their job! And 343 firefighters never came back.