Where did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Okay, he probably is a great owner. Someone just got a truck that the owner was unaware of some of the problems. Heck for that matter the settlement sheet that I saw from his drivers were probably fakes. I think being how they are a well known, and large fleet, they need the benefit of doubt. So what say everyone give him a fair chance.

Reactions: 1 person

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Okay, he probably is a great owner. Someone just got a truck that the owner was unaware of some of the problems. Heck for that matter the settlement sheet that I saw from his drivers were probably fakes. I think being how they are a well known, and large fleet, they need the benefit of doubt. So what say everyone give him a fair chance.

Naw Jim I agree with you and if the program is as described it "IS" a sham (no brainer) I am merely pointing out the possible abuse.
Had a new poster started with "has anyone else had this experience?" there would be no loss of credibility in responses from posters that are established.
CR England operated much the same way and it is no secret that they spend a lot of dollars in litigation to defend their way of doing business..
If nothing else (I think Kraig said it) Buyer beware...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
After reading this thread, I am beginning to think I am the prince of fleet ownership. :rolleyes:

Hey Broom.......thanks for the plug!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Suds... I agree with all your points, save putting it back on. If EO made an exception here, they'd have to in other cases. Then the poster would disappear after having disrupted the forum with what could be false accusations. Think of it this way... banks usually don't offer loans to new accounts. (well... they didn't use to)

You stole my thunder on a couple points. Panther had to SEE the trucks they put decals on. This falls back on a post made not long ago, about should Panther implement a policy retiring trucks based on what they look like. I said that such a policy would be subject to favoritism. This kinda makes my point.

Also, I agree that if the truck was that unsafe, it should've been stopped at the first weigh station, and asked to have a level 1 performed.

Lawyers? One could only hope, though I doubt that will happen. While the driver involved made very specific points, it makes me wonder why they waited 8 months and two unsafe trucks before they quit. Not to mention all the questionable practices made either verbally or in contract. Red flags all around, yet they stayed put? And her husband was 20 yrs in law enforcement? I'm sure he had SOME contacts to ask about such abuses. Unless law enforcement now means security guard.

I will bring this up tho... being that IF the owner in question willfully and knowingly placed them in an "illegal" truck to fullfill that contract; doesn't the whole contract becomes null and void? Please correct me if my logic is wrong.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After reading The Ripoff Report I have also formed an opinion that I will not share. But I would like to comment on the writer's last line about not getting a 1099. If this company owes you money and made your life that miserable, why not return the favor. Call and report them to the IRS. It won't help you but it could put these people out of business, in jail or at the very least mess up the next few years of their lives.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Many of those points raise more questions than answers.
It seems we are really hearing part of the story and not necessarily all of it.
So much of this stuff could be easily avoided if one had done alittle research here at EO and just asking questions of drivers at some truck stops.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther had to SEE the trucks they put decals on.

Also, I agree that if the truck was that unsafe, it should've been stopped at the first weigh station, and asked to have a level 1 performed.

When Panther saw the truck and put decals on it it may have been a new truck or at least not nearly as bad as reported. If anything it reinforces the point that after a certain age all trucks need to be visually inspected.

I agree the thing to do with any truck owner who refuses to provide safe equipment is to pull in a weigh station for an inspection, perhaps even while under load. I say that because if a truck is truly that bad in that many different areas it will have more effect under load. Getting shut down loaded will definitely get the carrier's attention and have them looking into the safety of the truck. If a large fleet owner has several trucks similarly unsafe and more than one does this in a relative short timespan it may get the entire fleet properly inspected.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Everyone keeps saying there are 2 sides to every story. Actually there are 3. The driver's side, the owner's side and the truth. Recently my father in law and my wife's uncle got into it. My father in law told me what happened. Then a couple of days later my wife's uncle told me what happened. 2 different stories. I told my wife's uncle the thing about 3 sides of the story. My wife's grandmaw says oh the uncle's side was the truth. Even though she wasn't there. She just dislikes her oldest daughter's husband(my father in law) so she sides with the uncle.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China and this topic? It's quite simple. My father in law has a bad reputation. Just like for the most part fleet owners tend to have a smeared rep. People tend to beleive a driver that says they have been wronged because we see so much of it. Both people perceive the same situation differently. Therefore one story is off to the left and the other to the right. Somewhere in the middle is usually where the third side(the truth) is at. Hopes that makes sense. It made sense as I was typing it. If not feel free to think I am a retard.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
[It is availabale the post I read last night thru the other site.

The rules are simple on here: No negative slander Right or Wrong in this case probably right, but you need to achieve a reputation.

I stand by Lawrence and the Rule... But I also enjoyed all of the reading, Education People I studied this site and made phone calls eliminated Panther from the begining was not for me, eliminated driving for someone else looked at their equipment, eliminated a used truck not enough expierence to determine a good one from a bad one. But in my elimination of a truck based on how clean they were everything I looked at I would not even park next to let alone live in for a week.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I doubt think Lawerence is going to put the post back. One thing I can say about Lawerence is when he says something he stands behind it. Plus he was telling the truth when he said people have come here and complained about EO and it didn't get deleted. They just weren't new posters.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
It's now a little clearer why Lawrence closed the thread and should 'not' bring the post back........After reading some more responses, I can understand why it was taken off. Guess I was reacting to just one side of the story.
As far as the situation these people found themselves in, I can see a few red flags myself. Would have been nice to hear the fleet owner/managers side of this. But that really wouldn't settle anything either, just make everyone choose sides and continue to argue it out on here. I wonder if their driving for another owner or have decided expedited isn't for them. I'm certain that most everyone on here would totally refuse to drive a truck/van in the condition that they claimed these units to be in. Probably wouldn't get in it in the first place. Aren't we as drivers responsible for the safe condition of the truck and safe operation of the equipment we're running up and down the road?
I agree with Cheri on her perspective also.......I wouldn't be comfortable with a mechanic eyeballing a unit and decide it's safe or not just from what class it is....I for one depend on the safety inspections and mechanics to find things I'd be unaware of.......I never claim to be a mechanic, don't know the mechanical details of everything on a truck besides from the obvious things you look for in a pre/post-inspection. Tire condition, lights, leaking fluids, etc. I"m glad the company I drove for had a quarterly safety inspection.

Ark has it right.......I vote for 3 sides to every story.

Three magic words that some people seem to forget........

communication,
communication,
communication

btw, Tennesseehawk, didn't mean to steal your thunder.......lol guess we're on the same wavelength on this one!! :)

ejtrucker

Seasoned Expediter
Cheri is right, I had a similar experience with North South Leasing who I bought a truck from.
I had enough money, did research etc, decided to cut my losses, enough said on that dead horse.
But as Cheri points out, there are people out there that prey on the trusting, the ones who want to believe there are good honest people out there. I think the ones that are in business to get it by taking advantage of people like us are like a well seasoned athlete, they know the game and their apponent and winning is an easy task because they make it their business to do so.
If the post, which I did not get to read, would help others that are using this site to better their knowledge in this business, please, put it back up.

tnt1271

Seasoned Expediter
I filed a rebuttal on rip off because like I said I drive for this owner some reason it came up anonymous. Let me tell this couple I am not in the office and I am a driver my husband and I went through the school at about the same time they did. As for the contract you get it the day you arrive at the school we had plenty of time to look at it and have an attorney look at it if we chose do so. But the contract is in lame mans terms.......
We have always passed our dot inspections and he has always upgraded to newer equipment when it became available not all the drivers that go through them are unhappy. We know quite a few that still drive for them after there year is up.. I am sorry they had a bad experience but they cannot speak for all of us. And everything was listed in our contract and spelled out in plain english no one forced us to sign it. Not every driver is happy 100% of the time with every owner..

Status
Not open for further replies.