Whats the strangest thing you have hauled?

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
A half a dozen boxes of McDonalds Monopoly game "Big Mac" containers from BFE Iowa to Denver. It was also the most I have ever had to sign my name for a load. I may have had stranger loads but i can't remember them all anymore, and I thought that would never happen.

My smallest load was an envelope of dashboard stickers to John Deere.

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Once hauled a very specialized artificial heart from the Cleve clinic to the university med center in Richmond matter of someone's life or death had to wait 3 hrs for pickup while they took someone off of it ,sort of creeped me out a little not knowin if the unhook was needed cause they'd finished or someone was really finished.seems this is a special one only a few in the country and it moves as needed!

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Oh, I remember another one.
I delivered a pallet of transparent TVs, radios, CD players and other electronic devices to a prison. They were for the inmates to buy if they had the money, and they were transparent so they couldn't hide anything in them.
It took me so long to get in, and then just as long to get out.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I delivered a pallet of transparent TVs, radios, CD players and other electronic devices to a prison.

How could you be sure that the shipper actually loaded them on your truck? :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I delivered a pallet of transparent TVs, radios, CD players and other electronic devices to a prison. They were for the inmates to buy if they had the money, and they were transparent so they couldn't hide anything in them.
It took me so long to get in, and then just as long to get out.

I imagine it's going to take others a bit longer to get out.

piattteam

Active Expediter
Parts for the worlds largest radio telescope.
Covers three continents, 22 countries involved.
Parts we hauled were valued at $2,225,000.00!

Last edited:

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Years ago I had to take a van full of live rats to a NYC Health Department facility in Manhattan. They were collected from traps set at abandoned apartment buildings in the Bronx. The NYC Health Department were checking them for disease. The screeching noise of over 50 rats, unhappy at being caged up, was deafening and nerve wreaking to say the least. The smell wasn't exactly pleasant either.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Years ago I had to take a van full of live rats to a NYC Health Department facility in Manhattan. They were collected from traps set at abandoned apartment buildings in the Bronx. The NYC Health Department were checking them for disease. The screeching noise of over 50 rats, unhappy at being caged up, was deafening and nerve wreaking to say the least. The smell wasn't exactly pleasant either.

Two or four legged rats? :confused:

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I took 3, 1 ft square boxes from Cincinnati, OH to Springfield, OR, to a marketing company in a mall. Each box contained 4 unmarked bags of potato chips.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Grasshoppers and boweivels and 5 gallon pails of musty creek water to Bison , SD......:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There was an order for Deer Jerky also but OVM got that load ..:D

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I found out yesterday my codriver had a pretty cool load when he was with Tri State. I guess somehow his aunt considers Drew Brees part of their family, but my codriver had hauled a load going to the Superdome of some promotional items for a Saints game. When he delivered he didnt recognize Drew Brees at first but apparantly Brees had remembered him from a family function. So after he had delivered I guess he Brees bought him a Jersey from the gift shop and signed it, and he got to hang out with the Cheerleaders for about an hour and they have him some Pom poms. My codriver was telling me that he follows the Colts but doesn't really watch much football. Why couldn't this happen to me????? Lol

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Grasshoppers and boweivels and 5 gallon pails of musty creek water to Bison , SD......:D

Bison,SD is in western South Dakota. According to the 2010 census the top 3 counties in America with the highest poverty rates are in western South Dakota. I knew people are desperate for food and supplies in that area but I never realized it was this bad.

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter
Let's see:
Organs for transplant
Bodies for burials
Japanese drums plus someone from the Japanese Embassy fron Houston to Toluca, Mexico
A dolphin plus 4 handlers from Galveston to Destin.
A cruise missle guidance system and engineer from Camden, AR to Tucson AZ.
A plane load of Domino's pizza dough plus sauce, toppings, and cheese from St Louis to Rifle Co.
One pallet of lead wheel weights from Smyrna, Tn to Oshawa, Ontario.
Day old baby chicken to JFK Miami Mexico and many more places.