Whats the strangest thing you have hauled?

Winnipeg

Seasoned Expediter
A Dead Dog.

One of my first jobs on my first day as a courier.

The vet apologized that they had run out of boxes, would I be OK with it in a garbage bag.

A cold, stiff, dead, doggy, in a garbage bag.

Had to carry it to the Car,
had to drive it across town,
had to carry it into the autopsy room of the Veterinary Dept of the University.

A dead dog!!!!

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
Doing local courier in York county pa in the 90's took a manilla envelope with a few rubber seals, for random testing(they just received the shipment) From Peach Bottom atomic power plant in York County to Philadelphia for testing.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If we're voting, LOS' art load wins, no question - it doesn't get any stranger than that one.
[Though I really liked the frozen carrot, lol]
My strangest load was an aircraft nose cone.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
2 skids of SPAM from a warehouse in the bay area of CA to a hotel in LA for a wedding reception.

Had to have been a Hawaiian wedding, who else would serve SPAM at a wedding?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm....

4-900# bags of taco meat seasoning

Optic assembly for James Webb space telescope

Some piece of satellite equipment hot off the shuttle

One skid of empty chewing gum wrappers

One cooler with two mason jars full of wastewater for testing

3 Books of Marriage Records for "Colored People" from the 1890's

Edit: Almost forgot - 3 barrels of Crown Royal Special Reserve. Never left the gate with that one (we can't haul alcohol), but man, did the truck smell good for days after that one. The barrels were leaking a tad.

Last edited:

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Leggo life size figures from legoland carlsbad ca to the old busch gardens in wintrhaven fl then back to carlsbad ca! We had darth vader on board "the thinker" thomas the train, lady firefighter, a raptor dinosaur, the white house (complete with the lego obamas, they did a better job than the real ones!)

bigshow345

Seasoned Expediter
When I first started in my trucking career I worked for Werner enterprise and I hauled a refer trailer with cadavers in it to UCLA for new medical examiners to study. Perhaps I should be an ME the work is always steady

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Herbie Hancock's band equipment from Seattle to his 70th birthday party in LA . We spent day at Seattle's zoo and attended the evening concert prior to loading.
Scoobie Doo's Van and vehicles from Cars for Disney's Ice Shows.
Delivered a 16 million dollar piece of equipment tonite to a research facility.
But strangest of all,
I've hauled my brother,Snake,many places. And believe me,you don't get any stranger than my brother Snake.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A Spongebob Squarepants costume shipped from the National Aquarium in Baltimore to Disneyland. That was very strange on many levels.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
aee78a41-5a67-d382.jpg
A Spongebob Squarepants costume shipped from the National Aquarium in Baltimore to Disneyland. That was very strange on many levels.

I bet you stopped on route and tried it on, didn't you. Come on fess up.....:D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Disaster drill training equipment. We had a full load of "dead bodies and body parts". We were hoping some DOT officer would ask us to open up the doors.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A kidney for transplant, they fly them in one of those igloo six pack coolers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums