What's Going on in the US House of Representatives?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The damage Trump, Trumpettes, and MAGA have done to the GOP is immeasurable and will take years to recover, if ever.
When the Republican party officially emerged in 1854, it emerged partly from the ashes of the Whig party which was then in a state of collapse. I believe today's Republican party is the modern version of the Whig party. It is collapsing (a years-long process) and will clear the way for a new party to emerge in its place. With it's emphasis on authoritarianism and outdated version of America greatness, the Republican Party is positioning itself to become America's next minor party.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When the Republican party officially emerged in 1854, it emerged partly from the ashes of the Whig party which was then in a state of collapse.
To put it mildly, this is a complete misrepresentation. In 1854 the Whig party split into two factions: pro and anti-slavery. The anti-slavery faction would become what is now the Republican party. Keep in mind that Andrew Jackson's Democrat party continued to be the pro-slavery party well into the 1960s.

"In 1854, opposition to the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which would permit slavery in new U.S. territories by popular referendum, drove an antislavery coalition of Whigs, Free-Soilers, Americans and disgruntled Democrats to found the new Republican Party...
With it's emphasis on authoritarianism and outdated version of America greatness, the Republican Party is positioning itself to become America's next minor party.
This is propaganda straight from MSNBC and the Marxist wing of today's Democrat party. Republican "authoritarianism" is a gratuitous assertion promoted by liberal political candidates and the mainstream media. If anything it's projection in spades, considering the Democrat autocratic policies controlling our wide-open borders, energy policies and the ruination of our public schools - just to name a few. For those who doubt these and other failures, they need look no further than Joe Biden's latest disapproval rating - 63% (CNN); 65% believe the country is headed in the wrong direction (Economist/YouGov).

ATeam

Retired Expediter
To put it mildly, this is a complete misrepresentation. In 1854 the Whig party split into two factions: pro and anti-slavery. The anti-slavery faction would become what is now the Republican party. Keep in mind that Andrew Jackson's Democrat party continued to be the pro-slavery party well into the 1960s.
I did not go to MSNBC to learn about Whig Party history. It was in a state of collapse (in the process of collapsing). Party collapses take time. It no longer exists, thus it has collapsed.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did not go to MSNBC to learn about Whig Party history. It was in a state of collapse (in the process of collapsing). Party collapses take time. It no longer exists, thus it has collapsed.
Split, dissolve, collapse...whatever; it's semantics, and the term "collapse" better suits the liberal narrative because it implies failure. Regardless, several parties at that time had factions that split apart over the slavery issue, including the Democrats.

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Split, dissolve, collapse...whatever; it's semantics, and the term "collapse" better suits the liberal narrative because it implies failure. Regardless, several parties at that time had factions that split apart over the slavery issue, including the Democrats.
I'm not talking about a slavery issue per se. I'm talking about a new party that emerged from a chaotic mess left behind by one major party that failed (split, collapsed, whatever). The Republican Party of today is failing. It's falling apart. It's splitting into factions. It's dysfunctional. It's dying.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Facing Defeat in CO-03, Opportunist Boebert Flees to CO-04

While this move may or may not be good for Boebert, it is good for keeping US House District CO-03 red. She was a major liability who gave rise to a highly funded Democratic opponent who remains in the race. In that setup, her defeat was nearly certain. With her out of that race, the chances improve that the Republicans may keep that seat red.

Boebert acknowledged her near-certain defeat by fleeing CO-03 to run instead in CO-04 which is a more "safe" Republican seat. It remains to be seen if CO-04 Republicans will accept her. She lost the support of some major contributors before, and those people are not going to come back to her. On the positive side for her, the $1 million-plus she has in her campaign coffers provides a strong advantage over the other CO-04 Republican primary candidates in this spread-out and sparsely populated district.

Will that be enough to re-elect Boebert? Will CO-04 embrace this MAGA figure? Or will they send this liability laden lady packing?

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mayorkas Impeached - finally! Granted, this will go nowhere in the Democrat controlled Senate but it keeps the issue in front of the voters and emphasizes the flagrant disregard of our immigration laws by the Biden administration.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Glad I Steered Clear

Over the last several months, maybe a year, US House Republicans have been carrying on loudly about impeaching Joe Biden. In doing so they talked about a credible source of evidence they had. Sensing they had nothing, and understanding that if you're going to impeach someone you need evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors, I gave zero attention to the story and so-called developments.

Now news is breaking that even that story is breaking down. I'm really glad I ignored the smoke but no fire the Republicans were putting out. What a colossal waste of time it would have been to dial into that story and pay attention to it like it was something important.

This Republican-majority House has been one clown show after another. I'm looking forward to November when the American people will put the House Republican majority out of its misery.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Glad I Steered Clear

Over the last several months, maybe a year, US House Republicans have been carrying on loudly about impeaching Joe Biden. In doing so they talked about a credible source of evidence they had. Sensing they had nothing, and understanding that if you're going to impeach someone you need evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors, I gave zero attention to the story and so-called developments.

Now news is breaking that even that story is breaking down. I'm really glad I ignored the smoke but no fire the Republicans were putting out. What a colossal waste of time it would have been to dial into that story and pay attention to it like it was something important.

This Republican-majority House has been one clown show after another. I'm looking forward to November when the American people will put the House Republican majority out of its misery.

Is the Left really going to go with the Russia pee tape hoax 2.0? That’s the real clown show.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Buck was going to lose reelection anyway. Childish though to just take his ball and go home early. The Republican Party will be better off and be more MAGA though.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT