What would you do? Makes me sick just thinking about it.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
The whole time wvcourier has been here he has ****ed and moaned about everything. Just one more thing for him to complain about highway star.

Yeah Igot to the "biggest truckstop in the world" with an empty tank ,only to find out, they also wouldnt take my ultra one expediter card. But in my opinion, the Pilot/flying j card is alot more convienant,and I dont even have to go into the store..wich is a big help, especially when im in a hurry.

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
What products and services are taxed varies from state to state. Retailers aren't free to tax things the way they want to. I thought that was common knowledge...

So its State Law to mark up just about everything in the store....somtimes up to 50 percent..

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So its State Law to mark up just about everything in the store....somtimes up to 50 percent..

Your previous post said tax. There is a big difference between tax and mark up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
O M G!!! Now I feel better about the time I mistook the [roll on] Icy Hot for deodorant - least I didn't yak all over the place, lol.
Uh - you did spit it out, right?
:p

At least 1/2 of it I did....LOL...:eek: lets just say I don't drink the lemon lime flavour...Raspberry/melon and fruity punch only...

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Your previous post said tax. There is a big difference between tax and mark up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

How is there a big difference? If you are charging extra because you know it may be a truck drivers only option, then its a Tax...wether its going to the government or the pockets of the greedy truckstops...but im in a van, so they dont get to tax me unless I let them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
a tax is a government thing...a mark up is a company thing.....there is a difference....
a Banquet frozen meal at Walmart a $1.00....about $2.50 in a truckstop....that is a whack of a markup....

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
a tax is a government thing...a mark up is a company thing.....there is a difference....
a Banquet frozen meal at Walmart a $1.00....about $2.50 in a truckstop....that is a whack of a markup....

150% no wonder they get ****ed on. ill stick to the Walmarts n Anytime Fitness parkinglots, hotel/motel,Campgrounds ect...

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
2 comments:
1) My wife saw a driver for FDCC (a long time ago, when we were still with them) climb out and pee beside his truck in the front lot at Bordentown Petro. She had me go get the truck number and then she called in and reported him. They agreed that it shouldn't be done, but we don't know what if anything was done about it.

2) I was told by someone at Homestead AFB about a time that drivers were staged there in anticipation of a hurricane coming through. The trucks were parked out on the tarmac pads where bombers used to be staged for ready alert. A driver climbed out of his truck and took a leak, thinking that he was unobserved since he saw no one around. Unfortunately, though, the control tower had a complete view of each pad, and the driver was seen by someone in the tower. Shortly afterwards a hazmat crew showed up, ordered ALL of the trucks on the pad off of the base, and proceeded to clean up the bio-hazard which had been created by the driver. I guess the point is that there's no telling how our "hosts" will react to such crude behaviour.

I carry a pee-bottle plus a spare for those rare occasions when I have a rough night or we just don't have a chance to deal with it in a timely fashion.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think the world would be a cleaner place if we gave blind people brooms instead of those canes.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[h=2]What would you do? Makes me sick just thinking about it.[/h]I hope the original poster got sick in a bag or a size 12 Sorel boot, instead of yaking in the parking lot. Two wrongs don't make a right. I hate dodging a puddle of urine only to step into someone's lunch. Also, please quit thinking about it. You will need those boots in a few months.