What Truck stop do you use.

Which truck stop do you like to use?

• Total voters

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I use Petro/Ta,better fuel,but only the stations that dont use bio anything.The fuel discount is to could to overlook.
I'm with Greg,I go to the truck dealer for repairs,and where ever the company wants me to take their trailerIf I'm going to pay a high rate,it will be with a mechanic that knows his job

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I dont choose truck stops by SERVICE in a shop as I rarely would use a shop, Tire repair in an emergency is all, I prefer my local shop or dealer, Freightliner, Ive always traded at Pilot and Or Flying J, But Ive found the others ok, I think all truck stops are going thru changes, Ive had bad experiences with tire repairs at most of them, I darn sure dont let them change my oil or service the engine again unless its an emergency, I can do most anything mechanically /electrically or air related.....Im kinda like the other guy said watching some Young Yokel under my truck looking for the oil filter once was enough for me....I get points at all of them or perks in one way or another...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I never have a truck stop shop do any work, to start with they don't hire people I trust to even change oil, but more likely they are hacks. My trips to the shop are either a trailer shop I dealt with for years for things like lights and lift gates or the truck or engine dealers for the rest. An exception is the alignment which is done at one shop in pa.

While I don't love Goodyear tires, the location off of I275 and Haggerty does do a good job on alignments.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being a vanner I prefer Flying J because of their ½ shower credit at the gasoline pumps. I also like that most Js have large parking lots for cars and I can park away from the pumps and store entrance.

Since the purchase/merger thing I now buy fuel at Pilots. I like their coffee and prior to the merger only stopped for the coffee and waited for a J to buy fuel.

It's nice to see that the J adopted Pilot's cash register manning policy. Before the merger the J would have one cashier manning the desk. If the line got 8 deep, too bad, tough it out.

Pilot's policy was when the line got 8 deep, open another cash register so the last two in the original line were now the first two in the new line. Unfortunately I always seemed to be number 6 in the original line and when the second register opened, numbers 7 and 8 in my line became numbers 1 and 2, and by the time I decided to move over to the new line I was still number 6 and numbers 1 to 5 were all buying fuel, getting cash advances and trying to buy food that wasn't in the deli case.

I have also found that Pilot has adopted the J's paper towel policy. If the gasoline island have paper towels there will be no paper towels in the restrooms. If the gasoline islands have squeegees and washer fluid, there will be no paper towels. If the washer buckets are dry, there will be fresh disinfectant cakes in the urinals. If there are fresh cakes in the urinals, there will be no rice cakes in the health food section.

For the most part I like the Flying Pilot merger. I'll buy gas at either and sleep only at Js if a Wallyworld isn't convenient.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Quick comment on alignment. I was talking to a Trailer Transit driver 3 or 4 years back. He was in a 1984 Pete 359 that he had bought new. It had over 3 million miles on it. He had a problem nobody could figure out till he went to a shop in Orlando Fl across from the Mack/Volvo dealer. They had a system that put each wheel onto a platform which then shook like a paint shaker. They went in the pit and I imagine it would be like being on a creeper strapped under the truck at freeway speeds. Josum may be the shop name. In the Mobile Al area I have great luck at Horn Truck Rebuilders. Full service body shop with two alignment racks. About 2 blocks west of the Frtlnr dealer.