What Truck stop do you use.

Which truck stop do you like to use?

• Total voters

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
After having a major problems with a truck stop shop that we have used for the last five years, we have made a choice to change to another national truck stop chain. So what truck stop chain do you like to use?

Last edited:

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
T/A for cost plus pricing as they save me 8% over all for the year and well they have plenty of cushy towels in the shower:p

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You ask what truck stop do you use in the poll. Then you ask which chain do you use. Maybe put an "other" choice in there. Lately, it's been what's most convenient for me, tho I'd rather stay away from the chain gang.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
You ask what truck stop do you use in the poll. Then you ask which chain do you use. Maybe put an "other" choice in there. Lately, it's been what's most convenient for me, tho I'd rather stay away from the chain gang.

Sorry about that Hawk. What truck stop chain or truck stop do you like to use. I really wish there was more of a choice to be honest.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Sorry about that Hawk. What truck stop chain or truck stop do you like to use. I really wish there was more of a choice to be honest.

Mom-n-pop on Schaefer in Detroit, between 75 and 94. Sometimes I hit Madco, tho they are high. The duty free at the Ambassador Bridge, when I cross there. On my way back from Canada, I usually grab 70L from the London J.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
It's a shame there is less competition. I'm glad TA/PETRO keep raising the bar. They do something and Pilot/j try to match it. Pilot I go to for coffee or trip-pak. Petro for dinner or shower. TA has been improving in so many areas they are the stop of choice. Our fuel discount dictates it. Have had some decent shop experiences at some TAs.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you go to TA for the discount where would you go if all the same price? Us ? Petro,TA,Loves. It's sad that Pilot bought out Bosselman's

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Well, we no longer get fuel at TA because of the treatment by the shop and by the Regional Manager over in Indiana that we dealt with. I won't post what happened but it was enough for us to no longer get fuel at TA for 14 trucks.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
For us, T/As and Petros just seem "nicer". More parking spaces (and wider) than most Pilots. Some of the newer Pilots are very nice inside, but still seem to suffer from a lack of parking. Flying J's are nice for the dump stations (for our porta-potty), and usually have more spaces.

Not stopped at too many Love's, but seem to be on par with the Pilots. Found several independent "gems", mostly by accident. Most are a little run down, but have "character" lacking in most of the big chains.

Our favorite may be the Petro2 in Clearwater, MN. Bakery right inside and good food at the Nelson Bros. Restaurant. Spent Thanksgiving there. Awesome turkey dinner.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
If u use ur pilot card at pilot or flying j . U get the cash price. Isn't it the same discount ta or petroleum gives u?

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Oh yeah . I keep record of cleanest truck stop and go there. But prefer pilot for fuel and COFFEE.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Our truck runs smoother and gets better MPG with T/A or Petro fuel.
We don't like the showers or food offerings at Loves, Pilot or Flying J.
And the T/A's generally let us park out front away from the 53 foot demolition derby.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If u use ur pilot card at pilot or flying j . U get the cash price. Isn't it the same discount ta or petroleum gives u?

No, our discount at TA's can be VERY substantial. Far lower than the "cash price".

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I like Petro for fuel and service. I don't think I have ever had work done at a TA that I was completely happy with. I have used Petro quite a bit for simple repairs and have usually been happy with their work.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
We go to TA or Petro. Truck seems to run better with Thor fuel. Plus, like their bigger showers and usually no wait. Plus, they never seen to be short on the French vanilla coffee creamer I like so much. Pilot and flying j run out of it, and get mad when I ask them to refill it.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Pilot flying j for the easiest way to get shower credits..TA is a down right pain in the rear for van guys....tho petros seem to be the nicest...

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

paullud

Veteran Expediter
TA/Petro, they have better fuel, parking, food, and showers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
TA did some work on our lights and left untaped wires hangin down by our exhaust. Something was touching causing our turn signals to operate the opposite side it should have been and they didn't even want to warranty it.

Honest opinion of a TA tech is undereducated teenager goofing off under your truck and charging by the hour.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I never have a truck stop shop do any work, to start with they don't hire people I trust to even change oil, but more likely they are hacks. My trips to the shop are either a trailer shop I dealt with for years for things like lights and lift gates or the truck or engine dealers for the rest. An exception is the alignment which is done at one shop in pa.