What size Power Invertor do you need to run a 9200 BTU ac and Electric Heater?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was simply asking a legitimate question, that's all. If you are that insecure with yourself that that is all you think that when I am "Attacking you" when asking a question, than you have much larger issues than I.

You are on here talking of how you have the most comfortable of van setups, one that drivers would love to drive, but than you go and cut a hole in the side of a new Promaster for an A/C or expect you're drivers to stay warm with a heating pad and wait for a load while bundled up...lol....Real good driver retention.....yea buddy.....lol...

And besides, I thought you were going to ignore me?...lol...

If you want your drivers to stay make sure they have good tires and espar heaters around this time of year, otherwise they will just want to go home and wait for spring :)

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
You are on here talking of how you have the most comfortable of van setups, one that drivers would love to drive, but than you go and cut a hole in the side of a new Promaster for an A/C or expect you're drivers to stay warm with a heating pad and wait for a load while bundled up...lol....Real good driver retention.....yea buddy.....lol...
PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME - The poster that started this thread obviously did not have the means or the wherewithal to put in an Espar heater. So those of you that recommended he put in an Espar heater we're not helping him whatsoever. He was looking for a less expensive alternative that would work. Obviously the trailer full of batteries was not a good suggestion. If he's really dead set on using a space heater, his only real solution is a 2000+ watt generator. Maybe he can use one of those little propane heaters but either solution is rather expensive per night. So when it comes right down to it if he's pinched in cash neither the generator route or the propane route is really going to keep money in his pocket so maybe one day he can afford to actually buy an Espar heater. In the meantime, for someone who is really on a tight budget, a heated mattress pad is a great solution. This is one of those things that people who haven't tried it tend to really knock it. But those that have tried it know its a great solution. A heated mattress pad is much better than an electric blanket because a heated mattress pad stays where you left it when you went to sleep so you wake up with everything still heated. An electric blanket will migrate with your sleepy square dances at night and end up freezing several of your extremities pretty much solid.

Now about your really STOOPID IGNORANT COMMENTS about driver retention and heating in my vans! I never said my vans don't have Espar heaters in them, in fact they all do except for one. Which one? Guess? Wrong again Einstein! The ONLY van of mine that does not have an Espar heater in it is the one that I drive. However, a $24.95 heated mattress pad is a great addition to ANY van.

Oddly, (NOT) you are the ONLY person who has ever complained about the doors I install in the side of my vans for air conditioning. I HAVE gotten dozens of compliments about how nice and professional they look and how easy those air conditioners drop in for use and come back out for travel. In fact, I have had many drivers ask me if they can buy them from me or someone else. Yes they can for $150 or $225 installed. You still don't like them? Take a happy pill! Get over it.

Now the REALLY STOOPID comment about my driver retention... OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE! Please tell me ANY fact you KNOW about my driver retention. Come on. Just one???

Let me tell you a couple... my drivers will ALL tell you that I am the best owner they have ever worked for. They are the best paid drivers out there and they drive new, well-equipped vans that are well maintained. You are so informed.

I know what I'm doing... you CLEARLY don't.

I just asked you to leave me alone. Seeing you won't, plan on me correcting your ignorant stoopid comments on my posts.

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We decided to go ahead and get the Espar heater two roof vents (because its easiest to install them then to cut through insulation down the road. Going to hold off on the power inverter, AC and Generator until April. Focus on one season at a time :)

Westmicher how many vans do you have on the road, what kind are they? It seems like a scary thing to have more then a couple vans on the road these days.

guido4475

Not a Member
PAY ATTENTION THIS TIME - The poster that started this thread obviously did not have the means or the wherewithal to put in an Espar heater. So those of you that recommended he put in an Espar heater we're not helping him whatsoever. He was looking for a less expensive alternative that would work. Obviously the trailer full of batteries was not a good suggestion. If he's really dead set on using a space heater, his only real solution is a 2000+ watt generator. Maybe he can use one of those little propane heaters but either solution is rather expensive per night. So when it comes right down to it if he's pinched in cash neither the generator route or the propane route is really going to keep money in his pocket so maybe one day he can afford to actually buy an Espar heater. In the meantime, for someone who is really on a tight budget, a heated mattress pad is a great solution. This is one of those things that people who haven't tried it tend to really knock it. But those that have tried it know its a great solution. A heated mattress pad is much better than an electric blanket because a heated mattress pad stays where you left it when you went to sleep so you wake up with everything still heated. An electric blanket will migrate with your sleepy square dances at night and end up freezing several of your extremities pretty much solid.

Now about your really STOOPID IGNORANT COMMENTS about driver retention and heating in my vans! I never said my vans don't have Espar heaters in them, in fact they all do except for one. Which one? Guess? Wrong again Einstein! The ONLY van of mine that does not have an Espar heater in it is the one that I drive. However, a $24.95 heated mattress pad is a great addition to ANY van.

Oddly, (NOT) you are the ONLY person who has ever complained about the doors I install in the side of my vans for air conditioning. I HAVE gotten dozens of compliments about how nice and professional they look and how easy those air conditioners drop in for use and come back out for travel. In fact, I have had many drivers ask me if they can buy them from me or someone else. Yes they can for $150 or $225 installed. You still don't like them? Take a happy pill! Get over it.

Now the REALLY STOOPID comment about my driver retention... OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE! Please tell me ANY fact you KNOW about my driver retention. Come on. Just one???

Let me tell you a couple... my drivers will ALL tell you that I am the best owner they have ever worked for. They are the best paid drivers out there and they drive new, well-equipped vans that are well maintained. You are so informed.

I know what I'm doing... you CLEARLY don't.

I just asked you to leave me alone. Seeing you won't, plan on me correcting your ignorant stoopid comments on my posts.

Yes, I can see where you're drivers are soooooo happy driving for you....so happy, in fact, that the one team I talked to, the one's that drive you're rolling billboard, are looking for their OWN vehicle to purchase....and had quite a few things to say about you're lovely creation on wheels...even to say how terrible you over-exaggerate you're fuel mileage figures as to what they actually get...

It's not that I hate you, but it is the constant stretching of truth from you, thinking that me, or everyone else is really that stupid to believe the load of crap you shovel all of us.. You think you are some kind of ***-kissing super fleet owner, when, in all reality, you are no better than the tick that bit you in Laredo.....and to actually think that I called you on you're phone, from when you deadheaded home from getting limes disease because of that tick bite, and listened to you whine about how you are going to have to sell everything because you we not able to work.And how I actually was stupid enough to offer you money to get by, not much, but some....Who woulda thought....lol....

And by what you posted, you must not be doing too well to begin with....

"someone who is really on a tight budget, a heated mattress pad is a great solution. This is one of those things that people who haven't tried it tend to really knock it. But those that have tried it know its a great solution."

I rest my case...

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I can see where you're drivers are soooooo happy driving for you....so happy, in fact, that the one team I talked to, the one's that drive you're rolling billboard, are looking for their OWN vehicle to purchase....and had quite a few things to say about you're lovely creation on wheels...even to say how terrible you over-exaggerate you're fuel mileage figures as to what they actually get...

It's not that I hate you, but it is the constant stretching of truth from you, thinking that me, or everyone else is really that stupid to believe the load of crap you shovel all of us.. You think you are some kind of ***-kissing super fleet owner, when, in all reality, you are no better than the tick that bit you in Laredo.....and to actually think that I called you on you're phone, from when you deadheaded home from getting limes disease because of that tick bite, and listened to you whine about how you are going to have to sell everything because you we not able to work.And how I actually was stupid enough to offer you money to get by, not much, but some....Who woulda thought....lol....

And by what you posted, you must not be doing too well to begin with....

"someone who is really on a tight budget, a heated mattress pad is a great solution. This is one of those things that people who haven't tried it tend to really knock it. But those that have tried it know its a great solution."

I rest my case...
I contracted Lyme disease at my home in western Michigan and you've never offered anything of value to me. The only team that ever drove that truck that hasn't retired comfortably, is the team I JUST hired 10 days ago. They've been out ever since. They say they never talked to you about anything. EXACTLY where did you talk to them??? You are a complete liar. I really don't appreciate you lying about them!

I rely on other income to support my lifestyle... so I reinvest every penny I make in expediting back into my company... until I get to the size I want to be. I have 5 more Promasters on order for 2015... although I may not be able to place any with my most favorite carrier.

You have no case to "rest", just a pack of lies to spin and a terrorist disposition. Such a tiny man with a BIG mouth!

Shame on you for trying to rub such a terrible illness as Lyme disease into a victims face.

You have proven everything I've said.

Last edited:

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Westmicher how many vans do you have on the road, what kind are they? It seems like a scary thing to have more then a couple vans on the road these days.
I have one big (18' long box) Ford that is great for a team and a small herd of Promasters. I plan to slow down at the end of this year and pretty much maintain/manage.

You are right about scary but it evens out alot with more units. The industry would have to really really collapse to cause me much trouble, as most of my costs are variable, increasing and decreasing with business levels. Likely the single vehicle operator would be in serious trouble well before me.

But who knows???

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have one big (18' long box) Ford that is great for a team and a small herd of Promasters. I plan to slow down at the end of this year and pretty much maintain/manage.

You are right about scary but it evens out alot with more units. The industry would have to really really collapse to cause me much trouble, as most of my costs are variable, increasing and decreasing with business levels. Likely the single vehicle operator would be in serious trouble well before me.

But who knows???

I think anyone doing this from a fleet owner/business owner perspective you should have at minimum 2 vans. Anything could go wrong with just one van and a driver could quit, get in a wreck lose a engine the list goes on. i35 is also a good border with these vans or i25 works if the driver doesn't mind relocating back into better freight territories such as KC, OKC, Dallas Minneapolis. Getting off topic, I'm going to have to start a new thread outside of truck talk.

guido4475

Not a Member
I contracted Lyme disease at my home in western Michigan and you've never offered anything of value to me. The only team that ever drove that truck that hasn't retired comfortably, is the team I JUST hired 10 days ago. They've been out ever since. They say they never talked to you about anything. EXACTLY where did you talk to them??? You are a complete liar. I really don't appreciate you lying about them!

I rely on other income to support my lifestyle... so I reinvest every penny I make in expediting back into my company... until I get to the size I want to be. I have 5 more Promasters on order for 2015... although I may not be able to place any with my most favorite carrier.

You have no case to "rest", just a pack of lies to spin and a terrorist disposition. Such a tiny man with a BIG mouth!

Shame on you for trying to rub such a terrible illness as Lyme disease into a victims face.

You have proven everything I've said.

Dude, you cannot even tell the truth, completely mixing things up along with you're lies....and you call me a liar? I never said you contracted lyme disease from you're home in michigan....I said while you were in Laredo....

You have a real bad habit of changing things around ......all of the time....for real....You really need help, in my opinion...none of you're facts are supported by any truth...not one ounce...At least I am not liked for being brutally honest, telling the truth, no matter how harsh I may say it, or make it sound like, you, on the other hand, have repeatedly lied on here, about several things, most of which, you will, or have denied....present or/and future....I would rather be hated for being brutally honest instead of being a pathetic bs'er.....I never did talk to that team, the one you say you hired 10 days ago. It was the team that was in you're rolling billboard before that team. loma.jpgwesty.jpgThis was taken where I met the people I talked to some time ago.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Dude, you cannot even tell the truth, completely mixing things up along with you're lies....and you call me a liar? I never said you contracted lyme disease from you're home in michigan....I said while you were in Laredo....

You have a real bad habit of changing things around ......all of the time....for real....You really need help, in my opinion...none of you're facts are supported by any truth...not one ounce...At least I am not liked for being brutally honest, telling the truth, no matter how harsh I may say it, or make it sound like, you, on the other hand, have repeatedly lied on here, about several things, most of which, you will, or have denied....present or/and future....I would rather be hated for being brutally honest instead of being a pathetic bs'er.....I never did talk to that team, the one you say you hired 10 days ago. It was the team that was in you're rolling billboard before that team. View attachment 10006View attachment 10007This was taken where I met the people I talked to some time ago.

Nice picture! But there was no team in that truck at that time that was looking to buy their own truck there never has been.

BTW, no one can contract Lyme disease in Laredo, it does not exist there. OOPS!!!

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Stop it. Just stop. Quit screaming that you're brutally honest when you're the exact opposite. You made up stuff about me more than once, got called on it and then lied some more. With regards to the truth, you have zero credibility.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Stop it. Just stop. Quit screaming that you're brutally honest when you're the exact opposite. You made up stuff about me more than once, got called on it and then lied some more. With regards to the truth, you have zero credibility.

Nothing against anyone but Promasters suck anyways. Only thing they're good for is 4500 lbs. I hope ten offended people chime in all in good manner. :)

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Same here. But what's even worse is the relaying of malicious secondhand gossip, repeating private conversations and comments, and describing events that may or may not have actually happened as "brutal truths".

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Same here. But what's even worse is the relaying of malicious secondhand gossip, repeating private conversations and comments, and describing events that may or may not have actually happened as "brutal truths".
Oh, yeah, absolutely. The above recounted telephone conversation (if indeed it even happened at all)? Posting the contents of a private conversation to a public forum is outrageous. It's an outrageous breach of trust, and is done by someone unworthy of trust, of low moral character, highly questionable ethics, who is thoroughly unprofessional, someone who is inherently dishonest. And he posts such conversations with disturbing regularity. Someone who is brutally honest can be trusted. Someone who is brutally dishonest cannot. No, people aren't hated because they're brutally honest. Malicious, pathological liars unworthy of trust aren't held in very high regard, though.

There's a reason the following is contained in the EO Code of Conduct:

10. Private communications
Private communication between the moderators, administrators and other forum members is not to be made public on these forums or by any other venue. You are not permitted to publicize any private correspondence received from any of the aforementioned.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I have NEVER seen someone struggle so hard to be relevant when it's so obvious to everyone he's going about it completely in the wrong way!

While he's entitled to his own opinion, he is NOT entitled to his own facts.

I don't see anyone not liking him "because he's brutally honest", he's just brutal in every way... but he doesn't get it.

I would think everyone who has literally been on death's door for weeks on end would be completely offended, as I am.

I just want him to leave me alone. Seriously.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This thread totally got hijacked with peoples personal problems. It's a website for expediting, calm down people! :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Take it downstairs to the Carrier Forum. If the Load One Forum is busy you can use the Panther Forum. Nobody has been there for at least 6 weeks. Be sure to clean up afterwards.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
This thread totally got hijacked with peoples personal problems. It's a website for expediting, calm down people! :)

It's a website for expediting, yes, but it's more than that: it's a community. Unlike most websites, we meet each other in person, often quite unexpectedly, which keeps the BS quotient down, lol. And it's a better website if we can keep it down online, too. You'll never find a 'flame war' here, [though it would drive the click counter to infinity & beyond], but disagreement and dislike is inevitable. People should be able to express that, as long as they remain within the bounds. [If you're not sure, they're in the Code of Conduct]. When someone steps over the line, we need to speak up, IMO, or the violations continue, and usually escalate. That's what we're trying to avoid.