What scares you the most on the road?

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Im changing my post to the FLU....and trying not to fart for 50 miles. OMG.....But on ICE with the seat cushion sucked up between my Butt cheeks like visegrips on a bumper....its hard to fart...

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Being Trapped,or getting caught up in a Natural Disaster.. Colorado comes to mind. I have a feeling this is tip of the iceburg.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Being Trapped,or getting caught up in a Natural Disaster.. Colorado comes to mind. I have a feeling this is tip of the iceburg.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EO Forums mobile app

Being caught up in a disaster is usually nonforeseeable, but being trapped without adequate provisions & supplies is your own fault. It could happen to any of us, anytime, and it's smart to be prepared.
I spent two and a half days stuck in Va a few years ago, when a blizzard shut 81 down entirely, and no one was moving. Because I had everything I needed, it wasn't too bad - but if I'd been hungry, thirsty, or cold, it would have been very different.
Now is a good time to make sure you have supplies for just in case...

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I was on Hwy 69 over there in Indiana one winter and traffic was stopped, the road was closed and there was cars and trucks backed up for miles, Now the rigs all just sat back and watched as car after car ran outta gas and the National guard came by and picked them up....Car right next to me had two little boys and the parents and the Mother kept looking up at me, I was warm, eating a sammich drinking some Hot chocolate...she looked up at me several times and I finally realized there car wasnt running....so I got out, said yall come climb in the rig.....I made the kids PBJs and Chocoalte milks, and Mom and Dad, and the boys and Mom climbed in back and went to sleep, me and dad we chatted for a while and eventually he want to sleep, the blizzard was bad, it snowed us in place and by the time it was over there car was really buried....by the time the Guard and towing companys got them unstuck it was almost 30 hours...the old truck purred and kept us all warm and Im sure those kids had some storys to tell, they even sent me a xmas card once....

I never go anywhere in the winter without some basics, PBJ/BREAD/WATER and hand warmers, blankets,battery powerd strobe, the standard stuff any driver keeps in the winter months.....its saved me several times.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Flying mountain dew bottles because my co driver ticks off a 4 wheeler! And the possible assault charges after I "handle" the situation! :p

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app