What load made you scratch your head?

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Post your strangest Load you know the one that made you say why would they do this?
I'll start and if anyone can tell me why I would like to know.
I carried racks of Letter's from Charlotte NC to NYC that were addressed and Stamped and I didn't pick them up at a post office,but from the senders place of business. Why didn't they just mail them? I did deliver them to a post office.

Last edited:

Davebtriplea

Rookie Expediter
I had to pick up a stove for a Chinese restaurant from Newark, New Jersey to Indianapolis, Indiana. Then when I arrived at the restaurant the stove didn't fit in either the front or back door.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Picked up a skid of candy in Belleville, MI that went down to Rogers, AR to be REPACKAGED!!
Why? They said it "didn't sell the prior year" and they were going to package it for valentines and hope for the best.
Is there not a shelf life?

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Three small boxes from a tool co. to the airport. One mile run - paid $250!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Picked up a skid of candy in Belleville, MI that went down to Rogers, AR to be REPACKAGED!!
Why? They said it "didn't sell the prior year" and they were going to package it for valentines and hope for the best.
Is there not a shelf life?
I guess that new package contained a new Best By Date,and a new higher price to offset the cost of shipping?

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Three small boxes from a tool co. to the airport. One mile run - paid $250!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

I've heard of a run like that,one tool box from power plant to power plant. A lot more than a mile though!

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I took a normal automotive gas tank from Michigan to Vancouver Island BC. Had to take my van on a ferry. Went to a normal car dealership.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I took a normal automotive gas tank from Michigan to Vancouver Island BC. Had to take my van on a ferry. Went to a normal car dealership.

LOL!! Was it full? Maybe there's a joke there about a ******ish man that ran outta gas in BC and he needed gallons of gas and not liters!!

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I had to pick up a stove for a Chinese restaurant from Newark, New Jersey to Indianapolis, Indiana. Then when I arrived at the restaurant the stove didn't fit in either the front or back door.

I think you mentioned that once,If I remember right you got to return it too?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being an expediter there's been so many...

When I was in my cargo van I once took one driveshaft from Brantford, On. to a Navistar dealership in Phoenix, Az.

About a year and a half ago I picked up a bunch of airplane parts at the airport in Atlanta and took them to the airport in Norfolk. When I met up with the contact, he asked if he could go into the box and check the parts. He started shaking his head and got on his phone. His next comment was, "When you ask for an engine, why would they send an ashtray". I ended up spending the night in their parking lot and at about 0930 the next morning they sent me back to Atlanta with the parts.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I picked up a load years ago going to Carrier. Agent called and asked if I would p/up another load and combine it going to the same place. Sure. I drove about 5 miles and picked up and envelope full of name tags. I called the agent to ask if there was more. No that envelope paid me almost $500 bucks. And companies complain about rates and they do things like that.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The first time I ever went to Laredo, dropped, did some local stuff around there. And then I got a call to DH to Wittman AZ to pickup one 55 gallon drum of gasoline from the Ford Testing grounds. The drum of gasoline went to Thompson MB Canada. It was for "cold weather testing". The Ford guy in Thompson said they had a whole trailer load coming up. They wanted one incase it got cold so they could start testing. This was in mid October, it wasn't cold up there yet. LOL. I got paid for all miles from Laredo and a motel room. I did get stuck DH back to Fargo. But got loaded in Fargo that went close to home.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1377627798.047684.jpg