What is the FedEx CC Load Board?

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Deville, they could have kept their mouths shut, past tense, or could keep their mouths shut.
End of grammar lesson.
Skyline, Caffee is a so-so debater. It's been known for years that Phil is a Masterdebater.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
As I stated in my original post, these two members are no longer with FDCC and have not been contractors for FDCC for years. The discussion of a newly implemented load board for FDCC has no bearing on any of their past experiences with the company.
But your post did not address the topic of the thread. The original question of the thread is "What is the FedEx Custom Critical load board?" and it's a question to which you have yet to provide any information, insight or answers to.

In addition Turtle comparing the FDCC load board to Landstar's load board or any other load board before FDCC launches their load board is premature at best.
Prolly should have said that, instead of suggesting that both members SHUT UP and stop talking about a subject they want to discuss... in a public forum... in a thread which one of them started.

Furthermore, I did not attack anyone.
Of course you did. Attack: to direct unfavorable criticism against; criticize severely; argue with strongly. Instead of talking about the FECC load board, you tried to make the thread about them, suggesting they could keep their mouths shut about a topic you don't think they should be discussing. Suggesting they keep their mouths shut, and giving your opinion about how the thread broke down into a pissing contest is both unfavorable and severe criticism, and doesn't add to the topic of discussion at all.

Believe me when I attack someone you will know it.
Obviously, before you even know it yourself. When you single out participants in a discussion for comment, instead of what they are saying, you're attacking them. Reply to the post, not the poster. If you want to state that it's premature to compare the FedEx load board to Lanstar's or anyone else's load board, that's fine. If you want to tell them to SHUT UP and not talk about it because they aren't at FedEx, that's not fine.

Even better would be to just offer up some information about the load board, what it is, how it works for FedEx contractors, why it's good or bad, or any other information that might be helpful to current, future and former contractors, both EO members and non-members alike. But that would require (A) posting on-topic, and (B) effort on your part.

Is that clear enough for you Turtle?
Crystal. I trust what I have said had been just as clear to you.

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
After Ateam asked the question, I thought I would try to answer as best as I can, seeing that I have used the board for sometime now. Obviously, just like most posts, this one also went to h@ll. Ciao

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
After Ateam asked the question, I thought I would try to answer as best as I can, seeing that I have used the board for sometime now. Obviously, just like most posts, this one also went to h@ll. Ciao
Your posts have been very informative and helpful. More than 40 posts in the thread, and yours are the only posts to offer any information and insight. Thank you. Your posts are the kind that people will Bookmark.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I chuckled when Skyline referred to the load board as "candy land".
Really, Candyland at flat rates ?
I remember sitting in Dallas on my birthday. I'm in a D.
A B load comes to me at $1.60. I turn it down so a B can have it. No B takes it, so I take it when it comes around again.
I like B loads at $1.60 and up.
How do I get excited about putting a B rate on my D unit ?

The fact that Skyline is probably the only driver on here to experience the load board may attribute to the fact that he has had the most informative posts on this thread.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
well on here: One persons poison can be another persons cure....
as we are all independent operators, all working at different CPM... each one of us all work at different profit margins, each one of us have an opinion on what "should be"...there is no real correct or wrong answer...it just "Is"...as no 2 carriers are the same...we either survive and profit or go down in flames or struggle in poverty, the choice is ours and ours alone....WE must overcome and make the best informed decision we possibly can and live with the consequences....To lay claim to independent status and then when things go bad blame others for your demise is completely arbitrary...IMO

to stay on topic...I think the load board is a real step to a more independent status as the O/O can pick or choose.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
to stay on topic...I think the load board is a real step to a more independent status as the O/O can pick or choose.
T-shirt Week in KC. I get a call, "We have several loads for tomorrow. One with stops in Springfield and Joplin, one with two drops in Wichita, one to Lawrence and Topeka, one to Overland Park, and one to Olathe."

They all pay the same flat rate. I can pick and choose, or not choose any of them.

That's in a nutshell what this load board is. I'm not sure how big a step that is towards a more independent status.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
T-shirt Week in KC. I get a call, "We have several loads for tomorrow. One with stops in Springfield and Joplin, one with two drops in Wichita, one to Lawrence and Topeka, one to Overland Park, and one to Olathe."

They all pay the same flat rate. I can pick and choose, or not choose any of them.

That's in a nutshell what this load board is. I'm not sure how big a step that is towards a more independent status.
thats a little different ...multiple loads from same source....I've had them as well....when random loads are posted from different sources like day to day routine...loads that we've never had access to before now become available to "chose" from....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Threads going to the crapper? welcome to EO...:)

Now are these loads already rated/priced out?...sold "as Is" .The operators won't be bidding against each other?...

Deville

Not a Member
But your post did not address the topic of the thread. The original question of the thread is "What is the FedEx Custom Critical load board?" and it's a question to which you have yet to provide any information, insight or answers to.

Prolly should have said that, instead of suggesting that both members SHUT UP and stop talking about a subject they want to discuss... in a public forum... in a thread which one of them started.

Of course you did. Attack: to direct unfavorable criticism against; criticize severely; argue with strongly. Instead of talking about the FECC load board, you tried to make the thread about them, suggesting they could keep their mouths shut about a topic you don't think they should be discussing. Suggesting they keep their mouths shut, and giving your opinion about how the thread broke down into a pissing contest is both unfavorable and severe criticism, and doesn't add to the topic of discussion at all.

Obviously, before you even know it yourself. When you single out participants in a discussion for comment, instead of what they are saying, you're attacking them. Reply to the post, not the poster. If you want to state that it's premature to compare the FedEx load board to Lanstar's or anyone else's load board, that's fine. If you want to tell them to SHUT UP and not talk about it because they aren't at FedEx, that's not fine.

Even better would be to just offer up some information about the load board, what it is, how it works for FedEx contractors, why it's good or bad, or any other information that might be helpful to current, future and former contractors, both EO members and non-members alike. But that would require (A) posting on-topic, and (B) effort on your part.

Crystal. I trust what I have said had been just as clear to you.

Listen, if you don't like what I have to say than don't respond. . I too came to this thread to find out more information about the load board. Instead I found A-team and Caffee were clearly making the thread a pissing contest about each other and, I found it annoying. If you feel that I attacked them that's your problem. Perhaps you should grow thicker skin. I could very easily say that you are attacking me in your last post. But I won't. Instead i'll just say that you too are annoying.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Listen, if you don't like what I have to say than don't respond.
No, you listen, as the Forum Administrator it's my job to reply to certain things. As someone who has been a member here for three days longer than I have, you should know that by now. I'm really quite surprised that you don't.

I too came to this thread to find out more information about the load board. Instead I found A-team and Caffee were clearly making the thread a pissing contest about each other and, I found it annoying.
When you find something annoying it can be handled in many ways. One is you can put the annoying user(s) on Ignore. Another is to voice your personal issues to them via a private Conversation. Voicing your opinion off-topic in a public forum in telling them they should shut up is arguably the least effective way to handle it.

If you feel that I attacked them that's your problem.
Actually, it's your problem. If you're going to act like a clueless newbie, I have no problems with treating you as such,

Perhaps you should grow thicker skin.
The thickness of my skin has no bearing whatsoever on the Code of Conduct and people violating it, especially those who violate because they think it shouldn't apply to them.

I could very easily say that you are attacking me in your last post.
And you'd be wrong. You said something stupid, and I responded. If you hadn't told participants in this thread to shut up and not talk about something you don't want them to talk about, I wouldn't have said a word to you.

But I won't. Instead i'll just say that you too are annoying.
It's one of the perks of being a Mod or an Admin.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Deville

Not a Member
I'm not even going to waste my time reading the entirety of your rambling post. I was wondering how long it would take you to throw the "I'm an administrator" card on the table and use I've been here for X amount of years too. Once I read that the rest of your rambling is blah blah blah to me.

From me, to you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm not even going to waste my time reading the entirety of your rambling post.
Yeah, you probably should have.

I was wondering how long it would take you to throw the "I'm an administrator" card on the table
Happened immediately after you tossed down the "Listen, if you don't like what I have to say than don't respond" card. In retrospect, that was a particularly stupid move on your part.

and use I've been here for X amount of years too.
Look closer at that card. It's the "You've been here long enough to friggin' know better" card.

Reactions: RoadTime and davekc

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you to the drivers that always want to negotiate, this system always worked well, but unfortunately the ones that where unrealistic in their expectations are the ones that caused us all to be on a flat rate today.

I doubt this. Seems more like a calculated business decision on their part that most contractors would just roll over and take these flat rates without complaint. A no-brainer simple way to improve profits. Because that's how most trucking contractors get paid anyway. And the small percentage of business owners who up and left from that lose, lose proposition were also quickly replaced by the never ending stream of dreamers and the unemployeed from other industries.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not with FedEx but I do like ice in my Kool-Aid. I'm deciding to go with either a freezer or an ice maker. Which device would give me the highest ROI?

Once upon a time I read there was no such thing as ROI. :D Couldn't resist. lol

Reactions: Turtle