What is the FedEx CC Load Board?

GA Rider

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm new to FCC (under 6 months) and we've only had one cancelled run of the many(and we where paid for that load) eventhough it was cancelled. I'm excited about the load board because of the flexabity to pick my own loads in the future.

Reactions: TeamCaffee

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The point is the day we leave a company is the day we are no longer in the know.

The truth of that statement depends on the particular topic at hand. If a new dispatch system is announced at a company an expedier no longer runs with, that expediter will naturally have less knowledge of it than those who are actually using it day to day.

Core concepts are different. Someone who has never been an expediter before can learn and accurately conclude much about a motor carrier by talking to drivers and studying EO. That is even more true with expediters who have past experience running with a given carrier because he or she will have a deeper context with which to process the new information.

For example, we ran with FedEx Custom Critical for seven years. When we moved to Landstar, we quickly discovered a number of things FCC told us about how expedited freight runs were simply false. Regarding those things, we were not in the know because we ran with FCC, we were in the dark because we only knew one company's system well.

Being inside a company does not necessarily put you closer to the truth. It is an over-simplification to suggest that you are "in the know" when you are in and not in the know when you are out.

Also note that being with a particular company at a particular time does not necessarily mean that a given expediter will get it right about that company. Remember the time when you and I were both with FCC and both were top performers there. The time came when I grew highly critical of FCC while you remained intensely positive. Both of us were "in the know" by virtue of being there, but each of told vastly different stories about how the company then operated.

In such cases, how would an outside observer know which one was right? How would one know which "in the know" expediter to believe? How would the observer know which points made by either one of us were valid and which should be disregarded?

There are several answers to this question but giving weight to the fact that the FCC critic or promoter is then with the company is not one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Is it fair to warn others about bad loads? I got basically bumped off a load by a bad customer and a poorly packaged load that wouldn't fit right because of bad info ? Story after the heat and dust settles!

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are also talking about Fed-Ex. They only do things that are better for them. Remember that. I was with Fed-Ex in 2006-2010. I still get checks from lawsuits that they loss, because they are only out for themselve. Sorry to say.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We are also talking about Fed-Ex. They only do things that are better for them. Remember that. I was with Fed-Ex in 2006-2010. I still get checks from lawsuits that they loss, because they are only out for themselve. Sorry to say.

You should have sent the money back. lol. Those costs could effect the investment us shareholders have. :D

Reactions: Moot

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They always come out of the woodwork! Anyway, the loadboard will be to the benefit of both parties. It would be ignorant to think that it wont be to the developers benefit. Its all about getting the loads covered at the least possible effort and expense. Ironically, the more loads covered, the less loads handed to third party companies, of which a lot of the whiners contract with. lol

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If it is speed based.....how do drivers watch it while driving or how do they get rest?
Exactly! Could work for teams but how does a solo driver monitor a load board still get the necessary rest? I like the idea of picking and choosing from available loads but if one wanted to watch a load board all day, why not go it alone and eliminate the carrier.

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being solo is always a challenge. I guess we will know in a few months of using the load board if it is beneficial to both parties.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
since this is an "add on" feature to the regular dispatch....and factor in the mileage limits the Feds have solos probably won't be running end to end loads....sounds more like a clearance board of the trash before they send them loads to the brokerage dept...

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been on the beta test team twice and starting on Monday the third and last test phase. Trust me, of the 150 loads on average that I could see, 98% where like candyland.

Deville

Not a Member
Maybe A-Team and Team Caffee could kept their mouths shut when it comes to what is going on now at FDCC since it's been years since either have been contracting with FDCC. You're views and opinion's were and still are well known but, are now past knowledge, while valuable in certain instances it doesn't apply in this case. In addition I don't like how this thread has broken down into a pissing contest between the two of you.

Reactions: Steady Eddie

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe A-Team and Team Caffee could kept their mouths shut when it comes to what is going on now at FDCC since it's been years since either have been contracting with FDCC. You're views and opinion's were and still are well known but, are now past knowledge, while valuable in certain instances it doesn't apply in this case. In addition I don't like how this thread has broken down into a pissing contest between the two of you.
No, they are both good debaters and very knowledgeable, so I always appreciate their input. What bothers me, is that no matter what anyone posts, the conversation always goes downhill. Then there are those, you know who you are, that have such a hatred for the fed that they always attack with a short paragraph. Any improvement in this industry is an improvement for us all. Lets talk about topics without the influence of our personal vendettas.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
That my problem how can you watch figure and deal with details while trying to rest with all the odd times it's very hard, I've given my password to my gf but it's too much of a burden for phone tag and consuming her time . There just needs to be a Better solution

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That my problem how can you watch figure and deal with details while trying to rest with all the odd times it's very hard, I've given my password to my gf but it's too much of a burden for phone tag and consuming her time . There just needs to be a Better solution
Is this load board your primary way of getting loads now... or is someone trying to complicate the simple?

Reactions: davekc and tknight

Deville

Not a Member
No, they are both good debaters and very knowledgeable, so I always appreciate their input. What bothers me, is that no matter what anyone posts, the conversation always goes downhill. Then there are those, you know who you are, that have such a hatred for the fed that they always attack with a short paragraph. Any improvement in this industry is an improvement for us all. Lets talk about topics without the influence of our personal vendettas.
They aren't as knowledgeable as you think.

From me, to you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They aren't as knowledgeable as you think.
In addition I don't like how this thread has broken down into a pissing contest between the two of you.
I do love a good irony.

So far in this thread all you've done is attack two members collectively without offering up any knowledge, insight or substance as to why. You say, "... while valuable in certaininstances it doesn't apply in this case." Well why not? Why doesn't it apply in this case? What's missing? What do they have wrong?

Otherwise you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Deville

Not a Member
I do love a good irony.

So far in this thread all you've done is attack two members collectively without offering up any knowledge, insight or substance as to why. You say, "... while valuable in certaininstances it doesn't apply in this case." Well why not? Why doesn't it apply in this case? What's missing? What do they have wrong?

Otherwise you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
As I stated in my original post, these two members are no longer with FDCC and have not been contractors for FDCC for years. The discussion of a newly implemented load board for FDCC has no bearing on any of their past experiences with the company.

In addition Turtle comparing the FDCC load board to Landstar's load board or any other load board before FDCC launches their load board is premature at best.

Furthermore, I did not attack anyone. Believe me when I attack someone you will know it.

Is that clear enough for you Turtle?

From me, to you.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Is this load board your primary way of getting loads now... or is someone trying to complicate the simple?
I usually have to do their work for them (pimps) are lazy I need to find some that actually know where I am and give a damm