What Do You Listen To?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
XM radio old time radio shows/news almost never turn the cb on its always the same thing one guy claiming if the other guy stops he will kick his butt. Which almost never happens lol but when i runinto heave traffic i turn it on to see what lane i need to be in then i am done with it. Also i turn it on for a min when i see another Panther truck but i guess most of them don't turn theirs on either

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
I hardly listen to regular radio anymore. Mostly Sirius, usually on country, or some rock station. Lately I hooked up my lap top to my CD deck and am playing the music off my laptop through the deck. Heck it was way cheaper than buying an I pod. Also since I can play things off my laptop, I found this site called Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music, Great site with infinite music choices, plus you can make your own channels, plus the best part is it's free. the only thing about that is you have to have a good internet signal to ply the music while going down the road.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I listen to tons of stuff... hittin that 'scan' button on the radio. I probably have the most eclectic music tastes of anyone.. LOL. Blues, old country, classic rock, southern gospel, and on those 'just need outta the funk' days, even hip hop and R & B.

Oh.. and CB is constantly on.. unless someone is just too rude and big mouthed.. then it's down.. but lately my runs tend to be overnight, and most of the big mouths are in bed, so I'm usually on there talkin :)

Dale

drivingmecrazy

Seasoned Expediter
I wish I could get into books on tape- I have tried, but just dont like someone reading to me. Can someone recommend a good one? Maybe the ones I've gotten have been lame. Thanks!

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess there is no more Midnight Network on XM 171. AM and I-Phone only now. They are filling the time with repeats of Nemo.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Still have Kevin on at Midnight to 1:00 on 171 on XM I think that show is being replayed at 5:00 in the morning!

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Jango.com is a streaming radio station that plays music also.You can sign up for free with only your name and password. It
will allow you to make your own station with the kind of music
you prefer. Very Nice. I have listened to it all day before.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
I'm wth Piper O&A then Ron & fez then some republican radio around dinner time and into the night.

O&A Party Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Like several others my CB is always on, but turned down low. It has saved me from hitting debris and potholes on many ocassions.

I listen to pretty much everything.

Gospel, country, jazz, blues, classical, folk, bluegrass, talk radio, and rock from the 60's. (Jefferson Airplane, Moby Grape, Quicksilver, Grateful Dead, Canned Heat, Savoy Brown, John Mayall, Procal Harum, Jetho Tull, The Doors and Jimi Hendrix are a few of my favorites.)

I don't care for rap, new age or alternative.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Primarily XM radio channels 121, 165, 168, 171 and WLW on 173. For music... channels 7,8, 23,24,25, 46 and 49. One could infer I am a right-winger with a penchant for 70's rock music. Such an inference would be correct. Also, XM's weather and traffic channels are fabulous. XM is such a treasure to me I can't imagine driving without it.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Would like to add a few names of singular talent: Alison Kraus, Patty Loveless, Roy Orbison, Roger Miller, Bob Seger, Mark Knopler, Tracy Chapman, Janis Joplin, Steve Earle, Shenandoah, Rolling Stones, CCR.

SKIDROCK

Expert Expediter
Don't forget the main one-Jerry Reed (R.I.P.). No other song can get ya in the truckin' mood other than "East Bound and Down".

SKIDROCK