What do you for personal safety?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
A bar of the old Ivory soup in a sock is good for keeping clean too...no need for a wash cloth of that funny thing my wife and daughter use.....

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I heard a driver on XM the other day say that he has never had any trouble. He attributes his undisturbed sleep to the empty holster prominently placed on his dash. That one is totally legal, too.

fketchum

Seasoned Expediter
The empty holster idea is really good but I'm sure it would cause the police to draw and maybe cuff you until they were sure there actually was not a weapon, If they were to see it.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have a tn carry permit, so I'm OK, me and Mr. Rugger, with 2 clips. If u all are carring anything, remember, dont bring a knife to a gun fight, and distance is always king.PS,,,our range instructor says, when at all possible, run away from all trouble unless u are traped, then if ur back is against the wall,,shoot.......................amen

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have a tn carry permit, so I'm OK, me and Mr. Rugger, with 2 clips. If u all are carring anything, remember, dont bring a knife to a gun fight, and distance is always king.PS,,,our range instructor says, when at all possible, run away from all trouble unless u are traped, then if ur back is against the wall,,shoot.......................amen

You're ok in Tn, but you can't carry concealed in other states that don't have reciprocity, correct?
PS Your range instructor is a wise man. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That what is taught in every CCW class in Michigan as well. I still have a problem with the entire CCW thing since we already have the right to carry under our Constitution. It is always better to be prepared than to be a victim.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, Article Two is a national, exclusion free, right to carry permit.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If i knew how to load an email I got I would. Its a lady in distress in her home and she calls 911, but they are not going to make it in time. The bad guy is breaking through the front door, but the lady goes and gets her full automatic assault rifle and blows thedude down the sidewalk with about 5o rounds. Its a classic,,all women need one for safety, if not,,get ur self a moss berg 12 ga, its a thought...........sky

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Actually, Article Two is a national, exclusion free, right to carry permit.

But because it isn't universally interpreted as such, a concealed carry permit is not recognized as a federal [all inclusive] permission. IOW, I can get a permit in my home state, and still be arrested in many others, correct?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I carry a copy of the states that have reciprocity agreements with tn or do recognize tn permits

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
But because it isn't universally interpreted as such, a concealed carry permit is not recognized as a federal [all inclusive] permission. IOW, I can get a permit in my home state, and still be arrested in many others, correct?

That is because, as with many other things, our rights under our Constitution are being taken away wholesale.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution was part of a larger bill known as the Bill of Rights. Take note of the title of that bill, that is very important. Every RIGHT in that Bill is reserved for the "People" not the Government. Under our Constitution the Federal government has no rights as is subject to the People. The People have supreme power over the Federal government.

Why would anyone want to give up any part of that power? To give up power is to submit to being rule. Being ruled is no way for a human being to live. It is degrading to the human spirit.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I wish there was somebody on this forum, that has had the experience of having problems at truck stops with guys hitting up on them and has stopped it. We have the situation where my wife can be just sitting in the front seat reading and all of sudden guys will come up and proposition her.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When it comes to guys hitting on a woman who isn't interested, sitting in the front seat at a truck stop is a good spot to be in: easy access to the CB and/or air horn. :)
It's not a problem I've ever had myself, but it's what I'd do if it happened.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It has yet to happen in the truck, only "Lot Lizards" although one was rather flexible as to who she could "relax". Other times when Mrs. Layoutshooter had this problem she would just laugh. The kinda "hurts" the male ego and can cause a deflation of their mmmmm, self-esteam? :rolleyes: