What did you do before you started in Expediting.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Before I stated in Expediting, I was a manager in the Rent to Own business in the daytime and a Manager/pizza delivery driver at night for Domino's Pizza. Rent To Own and Pizza Delivery was some wild and crazy times.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
bouncer for a club in bowling green,ohio
carpet installer for 7 years in toledo,oh
before that i was working landscrape(summer) restraunt(winter)since i got out of highschool.

Number28

Seasoned Expediter
As a boy I wore leg braces and never really fit in with the others. One day while running the braces fell off and I found that I could run really fast. Momma saved and saved to send me to college where I became a runner on the football team. I learned to play ping pong in the service and played for a while. I became a shrimp boat captain after that and it was so succesful that I invested in Apples and that did well as well. After raising my son junior alone (Jenny got the aids) I bought a truck and decided to travel America, which I had not seen since I ran across it a few times as a younger man.

gregsr40

Seasoned Expediter
I worked for a company(15years) where I built Elect.control panels--that is until they sent the jobs to Mex.and other parts of our country.SUCKS!!!

moose

Veteran Expediter
Mosad agent ,
(finely ,after 7 long years i am allowed to tell...).

i was a low profile captain at the Bavaria office ,a part of a small unit investigating actions taken by a vampire family ...

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I owned a window and hurricane shutter business in Cocoa, FL.
Due to the wonderful economy and the lack of new home construction the business had to be shut down after 23 years of sucessful operation.:(

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I am trying to keep a straight face here. Fighting the urge to be creative.

Let's see I drove for SWIFT, then before that drove for Werner, then before that drove for Southern Refrigerated Transport. Then before that while I was in truck driving school I flipped burgers at a Jack In The Box in Manvel, TX. Then before that I was a computer programmer, systems analysts for 27 years.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Before divorce, I was a horse trainer,after divorce, became a truck driver.Drove a union company truck for 5 years,then had this vision,I should own my own truck..
Before leasing to Roberts Express in 1984,I was hauling our nations produce,from coast to coast.In 1984 came Roberts Express,that is now Fed EX Custom Critical,As I write this, I'm now with Tri State Expedited Services,and doing very well,very well.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
I was sargent in the Army,untill I had a bad accident.After becoming wheel chair bound,and wollowing in my misery,I went down to Louisiana to see a friend of mine who owned a boat.He was so happy to see me,he walked rite off the dam boat straight into the water.You guessed it my name is sargent Dan.But now that BP has screwed us out of our shrimping gig we're going to give expediting a try.Whis us luck team Gumpy & Stumpy. ;)

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I was a professional clown for a few years and before that, I owned & operated a small rendering company.

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I used to pick cotton in Iowa but gave it up for lint. Followed that by being a bra salesman until I developed an allergy to silicone. After that I taught English in south Texas until the program was obsoleted. I then opened a car dealership this spring that offered Saturn, Pontiac, Hummer and Mercury brands. Now I am looking for a Hino van for expediting.

termite289

Expert Expediter
does chickun haulin count as before expediting???
before that i chased girls. then i cought one. whew, glad that part is over.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drove Truck for my Father till his death,Then became a Courier, until I ran into a Roberts Express Driver, went out bought a van, and here I am, getting ready to buy a Sprinter and get back at it.

sockhat

Seasoned Expediter
i operated a breakfast lunch cafe for years. then the visteon plant and several others in our part of the state shut down. so the economy was going belly up as was i. decided to see the country and get paid,too.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
After high school,
Entered U.S.Army Combat Engr school as heavy equipt repair.
From there I hired on with the C&O R/Road @ the Detroit Diesel House and the Plymouth R/House as Locomotive repairman,that lasted maybe 8-9 years until the Gov deregulated the railroads and the maintenance they had to perform and we all (but a few) lost our jobs. From their I hire straight into G.M. in Lansing Mich repairing the diesel engines coming of the assembly line.I sold 8 years of seniority back to them because I hated working in the plant.Worst job of my life,,,Money was great but being a autoworker wasn't for me.I then hired into the redi-mix industry running a truck shop and hauling mud.Also ran the 145 truck stop along I-94 on second shift for maybe 2 years as a second job for beer money while working the redi-mix job. Also spend 2 seasons with my son working in a union gravel pit repairing the haul trucks,loaders dozer's conveyors etc etc..The gravel pit was at one time the largest and highest points in lower mich,,,Bundy Hill allot of history in that place but its now a victim of our economy and my son is the only person employed there as plant operator.It is now being converted into a off road course and still operate a small gravel operation.Anyone wanting to put your vehicle to the test,this is the place to go..Bundy Hill Off Road - Jerome, MI - ATV/ORV Riding Trails
The more I learn about the expediting business and learn how good some of you had it the past I wish I would have done it years ago :D

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Hauled Military households on a dropdeck flatbed trl..Delcher Fowarding...54000lbs plate Round trip same del/p/u -- back to house with the truck turned OFF! LOVED IT! GREAT RATES!! then REAGAN said "tear down this wall" and then the frt. dried up! d***!

Last edited: