WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THANKSGIVING?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I get to go home for Thanksgiving, because my CDL expires on Turkey Day, and I need to get the Hazmat clearance letter before renewing - I'm expecting it to be there by Wednesday, waiting for me in my PO box. I seriously doubt I'll get a load on Wednesday afternoon, so plan to be at my sister's home in Strongsville for dinner Thursday. (Early Thursday, since I can't bake pies in the truck, sigh)
If not for the CDL, I'd not make it a priority to be 'home for the holiday' - I don't even like turkey, lol. But the family time is really nice!:)

panthercub

Seasoned Expediter
I've had a miserably slow two weeks, so I'm gonna blindly believe the QC message that claimed we were expecting to be busy Thanksgiving week, and I'm gonna run.

Daniel
Panther 12055

are12

Expert Expediter
Since we took the first 11 days off this month, we plan on staying out - 1st time since getting into expediting. Hopefully we will stay busy and find a nice place to have our Thanksgiving dinner.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We are headed home. Hubby's grandmother is seriously ill and we'd like to see her again before she get's any worse. Since we've been out since the end of Sept and we're 10th out in Detroit, no sense sitting here any longer. It will be a welcome break. We'll head back out on Sunday following Turkey day.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
We have had good luck running last 2 Thanksgivings but this year we deliver 10 miles from home on Tues.
Guess we are on the fence...
At any rate wherever turkey day finds you we wish you a warm holiday.
Mike and Cyn

tmbm

Seasoned Expediter
Looks like we'll be out. Deliver Tues in Vail, pretty far from home. I just hope we do as well as last year by staying out. Will go home if we get lucky and get a run out of CO to the midwest though.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I plan on being Home and Serving Dinner at a Rehab Center. But I'll Stay In Service and if The Freight Gods Smile Upon me I'll Run.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
>I plan on being Home and Serving Dinner at a Rehab Center.
>But I'll Stay In Service and if The Freight Gods Smile Upon
>me I'll Run.

Thats awesome Jim I hope you make it home
Mike

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I plan to be home. My son is an only child with no living grandparents
so I will be with him and 3 grandchildren.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I'm invited to co-drivers for turkey,guess that way he knows he will be home.We are haveing exceptional month,hope it keeps up next month when we come back out.

romoore245

Expert Expediter
We will be at home cooking a big thanksgiving dinner for family and friends. Robert will hopefully not burn down the house makeing his fried turkey. So if anyone gets stuck in east texas around longview give us a call 903-399-6669 and come have dinner with us.

Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Came home Friday night.

Broke a filling Saturday morning while eating some "Healthy" cereal. It had some walnuts in it and I found the only walnut shell. Ouch! That health food is rough sometimes.

Hopefully, I can get in to see the dentist on Monday.

I also have been experiencing a repetitive serpentine belt chirp and I want to get the dealer to isolate it again while it is making the annoying noise. This will make their third attempt. Maybe, this time they will take a closer look instead of just changing out parts.

These issues will probably require at least two days. Come Wednesday morning the load offer would have to be the best I have ever seen to pry me away from my lovely wife and family.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>I also have been experiencing a repetitive serpentine belt
>chirp and I want to get the dealer to isolate it again while
>it is making the annoying noise. This will make their third
>attempt. Maybe, this time they will take a closer look
>instead of just changing out parts.

David have you tried spraying an aerosol belt dressing on the underside of the belt?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Actually, a dealer in Rockford did that and it lasted for about 50 miles. When I got back to Dayton, the belt was really screaming. It also flung belt dressing all over the other pulleys. The alternator even had dressing on it. Grrrr!

Everyone has always told me that the pulleys have to be shiny clean or you can experience chirp.

Nevertheless, you are on the right track Moot. I could take a small piece of cloth, put about two drops of NXT Tech Protect on it and then hold it against the top or bottom of the belt while the engine was running. The squeak would disappear for about 2,000 miles.

Today made my fourth attempt to resolve this problem. I thought it might be floating up and down, because it would get louder when the tranny would shift into high and the engine speed was changing. Hmmm. Then I began to think it might be walking on a pulley in a front to rear manner. I simply asked if they could have their best technician look at the alignment of all pulleys. He has 30 years of experience.

Seems the power steering pulley was 1/16th out to far. The belt showed a little wear on one edge. Pulley was aligned and the belt was replaced. No squeak so far!

Later on I was talking with a driver on the phone and he said that GM had a TSB about checking that pulley alignment. His never squeaked, but he remembered them checking it once.

Thanks for your help! I’ll keep you updated if there are any changes further down the road.

are12

Expert Expediter
Romoore,

That is a very nice jester. We will keep the offer in mind, if we are in the area.

Fastman,

Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful day.