What a dirt bag!!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Please take note it is always the Ron Paul supporters using Nazi references towards other EO members. It is totally uncalled for, that's why I ask them to stop. Don't associate me with those tactics.
Always? Really? Always? That's quite a definite statement. That seems more like a tactic in and of itself of your own as a way to stealthily attack Ron Paul supporters. Very impressive tactic. I think it's safe to say that not only should any all Nazi references should not be used to attack someone, people shouldn't be attacked in any way at all for supporting or not supporting anyone.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Always? Really? Always? That's quite a definite statement. That seems more like a tactic in and of itself of your own as a way to stealthily attack Ron Paul supporters. Very impressive tactic. I think it's safe to say that not only should any all Nazi references should not be used to attack someone, people shouldn't be attacked in any way at all for supporting or not supporting anyone.

The only Nazi references I am aware of have come from Ron Paul supporters. Can you find one that isn't?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The only Nazi references I am aware of have come from Ron Paul supporters. Can you find one that isn't?
Of course I can, otherwise I wouldn't have posted what I did. I wouldn't leave something like that to chance.

I'll grant you that it's a disturbingly frequent favorite reference of Ron Paul supporters (Nazi, brown shirts, goose stepping, and a few others), because it says far more about the poster(s) than it does about whom they are trying to berate with it. But the term and related references are not the sole domain of Ron Paul supporters here on EO, and it's the absoluteness of always that I question, because it isn't, in fact, always. So the use of it in the above manner and context would seem to be a subtle attack on Ron Paul supporters.

That, or it's a simple lack of research, or memory. :D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Mebbe try some Ginko Biloba there Sport ....

From slightly over 3 years ago:

"Today as I was shopping in Wal Mart, I was stunned to see huge posters of Barack Obama for sale. Right there along sde of Hannah Montana and Britney Spears on the poster rack. This raises all kinds of issues for me: 1) it is beneath the dignity of being POTUS to allow commercialization of his likeness, (2) besides Wal Mart, who profits from these sales, (3) who holds the trademark and licensing for these sales? (4) what does this say about our culture? (5) is this further manifestation of Obama's cult of personalty? (6) is this megalomania writ large?

Shades of Nazi Germany come to mind, where every good German family was expected (required) to have a framed photograph of Adolph Hitler and a copy of Mein Kampf in their home. This is troubling."

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/soapbox/34621-obama-sale-wal-mart.html#post281780

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Mebbe try some Ginko Biloba there Sport ....

From slightly over 3 years ago:

"Today as I was shopping in Wal Mart, I was stunned to see huge posters of Barack Obama for sale. Right there along sde of Hannah Montana and Britney Spears on the poster rack. This raises all kinds of issues for me: 1) it is beneath the dignity of being POTUS to allow commercialization of his likeness, (2) besides Wal Mart, who profits from these sales, (3) who holds the trademark and licensing for these sales? (4) what does this say about our culture? (5) is this further manifestation of Obama's cult of personalty? (6) is this megalomania writ large?

Shades of Nazi Germany come to mind, where every good German family was expected (required) to have a framed photograph of Adolph Hitler and a copy of Mein Kampf in their home. This is troubling."

http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/soapbox/34621-obama-sale-wal-mart.html#post281780

Randy... are you capable of discerning the difference between a comment about a T-shirt in WalMart and coming into the Soapbox to expressly or implicitly say an opponent of Ron Paul is a Nazi or Nazi-like? I am particularly speaking in context of the current political cycle. There is no excuse for using Nazi analogies in reference to EO members. If I hurt the T-shirt's feelings, I apologize.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Of course I can, otherwise I wouldn't have posted what I did. I wouldn't leave something like that to chance.

I'll grant you that it's a disturbingly frequent favorite reference of Ron Paul supporters (Nazi, brown shirts, goose stepping, and a few others), because it says far more about the poster(s) than it does about whom they are trying to berate with it. But the term and related references are not the sole domain of Ron Paul supporters here on EO, and it's the absoluteness of always that I question, because it isn't, in fact, always. So the use of it in the above manner and context would seem to be a subtle attack on Ron Paul supporters.

That, or it's a simple lack of research, or memory. :D

I was speaking in context of the current political season. You know, 2012. In context of the current political season, here in the Soapbox, all Nazi references have come from Paul folks. From time to time, I have written about Nazi Germany. My uncle. Woodrow, was captured by Nazis at the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944. I have made other historical remarks about Nazi Germany. Students of modern history recognize the Nazi Germany reign of terror as a watershed moment for human depravity. For Paul folks to throw the term "Nazi" around loosely toward EO members demonstrates a lack of understanding.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
AMonger... you bring discredit upon yourself when you make oblique references to Nazism and try to label other EO members with such language. Too often, Ron Paul supporters resort to over-the-top rhetoric when frustration gets the better of them. Ron Paul himself wouldn't use such tactics, but somehow many of his supporters feel they have a license to use extreme rhetoric. Directly or indirectly labeling nonsupporters of Ron Paul as being Nazi-like is foolish. This is why so many conservatives view Paul's followers as petty and nonserious. You hurt yourselves and your cause acting with such disregard. I am asking you to kindly stop these remarks.

I backed up those remarks. The description I gave--aggressive foreign war coupled with internal repression--is the defining principle of Nazi-ism.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was speaking in context of the current political season. You know, 2012. In context of the current political season, here in the Soapbox, all Nazi references have come from Paul folks.
First it was "always", then "only", and now "all", plus it's become a dramatically constricted context. Got it. The use of "all" is incorrect. Most, I'd say, but not all.

For Paul folks to throw the term "Nazi" around loosely toward EO members demonstrates a lack of understanding.
True dat. But a lack of understanding on that subject appears to apply to most, if not all of those who have used the references here on EO during the current political season, and beyond.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Again, let's everyone get back on topic in this thread. If you want to discuss Nazis, UFOs, trolls, ogres, knights or anything else take it elsewhere, to it's own thread if it's appropriate for forum discussion and to PM if it isn't.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I'm thinking that I know the difference between a troll and between someone who posts differing opinions backed up with a reasoned argument. This is not an Amway meeting - differing opinions are allowed. And they're allowed even if they are specifically designed to get under someone's skin, as long as they are debated and debatable.

There have been many examples here of where Obama has done something that was just OMG outrageous, mainly because it was Obama who did it, despite the fact that previous presidents, conservatives included, have done the exact same thing, and when that hypocrisy gets pointed out, people cry troll.

Frankly, people who use terms like Obumma, Pantload in Chief, King Putz, and all the other adolescent euphemisms inappropriate for intelligent debate are more guilty of being a troll than anyone who posts an opposing viewpoint with a reasoned argument, because the euphemizers are subsisting on raw emotion, which is what trolls live on.

Even this entire thread, where the president is called a "dirt bag" for doing nothing whatsoever wrong, legally, morally or ethically, is a troll (and could actually be considered SPAM for the "cause" link that was posted). Someone else's uninformed opinion was posted without comment (other than calling the presiden't wife a name, and how mature that is) and is nothing more than trolling in and of itself. If someone has an issue with Obama, and they have to call him names to make their argument, their argument has no credibility, no reasoning behind it, and very little intelligence to back up their position. They reduce themselves to the "I don't like it because I don't like it!" position, which is a very liberal thing to do. I do love a good irony.

Are we even talking about the same guy? Cause I see you've removed one instance of him trolling.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Ya know, I've been reading all these posts sitting back and laughing at "some" of them! I have seen where a select few tried to turn my post into a troll when in actuality it was my way of showing that Obumma----Oooops Sorry turtle:rolleyes: is a hypicrate because he is trying to make it that millionaires pay their fair share and he should lead by example! I believe that I had explained why this was posted and am not going to do it again. Someone else comes on and tries to get an arguement started, calling "others" names and nothing is done about that! As a matter of fact a certain moderator jumps on the band wagon and protects this individual and then tries to turn my thread into a Troll! when it actuality it was the one he is protecting that's the troll. It was shown that "some' people actually knew what I was saying about the way Obumma--OOops Sorry again turtle:rolleyes: Should have lead by example(LMAO) but that's hard for him to do because he leads from the rear! I never called his wife any names and i believe that if that certain moderator would re-read the thread again, it was the writer of the article who called his wife Moochelle! And Not me! I haven't called anyone any names except Obumma---OOoops There i go again:) So I guess what I am saying in a nut shell is Put your rattles and pacifiers away and have a nice day!:cool:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
giving the girls the money isn't an issue, the fact that barry only paid 20.3% tax rate is though...while Ill be the 1st to applaud anyone taking full advantage of how the system is structured and to use it to their advantage (i do and then some) but to continually berate those with the ability to not buy and then to do the exact thing he is whining about is bs.....if he was really interested in "leveling the playing field", he not have taken those deduction and simply paid the highest amount he could have...stupid? yeap...but he is the big cheerleader to smack the rich to pay "thier fair share"...which is also bs....oh and at 20.3%, he paid less then Debbie Bosanek

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gotta love the soapbox...:p..If ever there was a filter invented that could weed out repetition you guys would be speechless after 1 day....LOL......

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't protect individuals. I only go by what is posted, and could care less about who posted it. In this particular thread, Cuz posted several comments that were fine, and one that wasn't (it was both trolling and a personal attack) which got deleted, and earned him an official warning. So I'm not sure how you can interpret that to be protecting someone.

And yes, your post is trolling, because you keep on posting the same inane driveled themed crap over and over again, most of which has no intelligence or critical thought behind it, often with no comments of your own. This post is a stellar example of posting something without having first given it any critical thought whatsoever. If you had, you would gave derived on your own the same thing that Leo posted, and if you had bothered to do that, you would be able to see just how absurd the posting of such idiocy would be. If you don't like being criticized for posting trollish drivel, then I'm sure that if you think really hard on it you can come up with a way to not have that happen.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't protect individuals. I only go by what is posted, and could care less about who posted it. In this particular thread, Cuz posted several comments that were fine, and one that wasn't (it was both trolling and a personal attack) which got deleted, and earned him an official warning. So I'm not sure how you can interpret that to be protecting someone.

And yes, your post is trolling, because you keep on posting the same inane driveled themed crap over and over again, most of which has no intelligence or critical thought behind it, often with no comments of your own. This post is a stellar example of posting something without having first given it any critical thought whatsoever. If you had, you would gave derived on your own the same thing that Leo posted, and if you had bothered to do that, you would be able to see just how absurd the posting of such idiocy would be. If you don't like being criticized for posting trollish drivel, then I'm sure that if you think really hard on it you can come up with a way to not have that happen.

I am shocked I tell ya.....just shocked.....drivel and useless information in the soapbox?.....tsk tsk....LMAO

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

So what you are saying is that if I post something that you don't like then it's a troll----Right?:rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So what you are saying is that if I post something that you don't like then it's a troll----Right?:rolleyes:
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. But it doesn't surprise me that you'd interpret what I said to mean that.