Westmicher's New XLT 10 Project Begins!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would not want to be involved in an accident 1 lb over what the door sticker says.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had Brian list the capacity as 3,500 lbs. which it holds "in street shoes" under the 10,000 GVW. In reality, because she's actually a 12,500 chassis downrated by Ford, she can actually carry 6,000 lbs. safely.

I think what OVM was asking is what does the scale ticket say your van weighs. ...with a full tank of gas , yourself inside. .bedding plus extra clothing & Generator.......? if your saying thats under 6500 lbs. them I ll shake your hand at the Expo and say job well done.....but only if your willing to show scale ticket. ....I love when SRW Sprinter drivers tell me that they can haul 3000 lbs. legally. ...I just pull out my factory spec. .sheet and they then don t have any comments. ...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think what OVM was asking is what does the scale ticket say your van weighs. ...with a full tank of gas , yourself inside. .bedding plus extra clothing & Generator.......? if your saying thats under 6500 lbs. them I ll shake your hand at the Expo and say job well done.....but only if your willing to show scale ticket. ....I love when SRW Sprinter drivers tell me that they can haul 3000 lbs. legally. ...I just pull out my factory spec. .sheet and they then don t have any comments. ...

Since I bought mine new... Van weighed. 5300 lb.... Just me and wife and tank of fuel ...nothing else in van just a large bare shell

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
She also can haul 4 containers that are 48" x 48" x 72"h. and still leave me enough room to sleep comfortably.

Please understand that I meant to build a non-DOT truck that could earn more money than virtually any other non-DOT truck out there, as long as dispatch takes advantage of those capabilities. I am convinced the Load-1 dispatchers will do that better than any other company, ESPECIALLY flat mile rate companies.

I meant to exceed these capacity norms while maintaining the best operational economy possible, which I am well on the way to.

Finally, I wanted a truck that looked great inside & out, because I believe presenting the best image possible really makes a difference to the customers, which is only positive for me, my carrier, and even other drivers with my carrier.

There may be some trucks that match the XLT10 in some ways. That's great! However, I am very happy with the combination my XLT10 has. She is worth the work I've invested in her. :D

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I bought mine new... Van weighed. 5300 lb.... Just me and wife and tank of fuel ...nothing else in van just a large bare shell

Exactlly and yours is the 158 incher. ... ..170 incher is at 5600. ...bare metal & No driver or fuel....... I personally don t care how heavy anybody else loads their own van .......just get tired of people bragging how heavy they can load theirs .....I ve done the research and what the empty weights are......

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
You going to Expo this yr.? Hehe

I hope so. I'm in the middle of getting some things changed around and trying to get my drivers dispatched another way. I want to go, a lot of stuff I want to see and folks as well. Will know more in a couple of weeks.
Are you cooking this year?
I couldn't go last year and thought about it all year, really enjoyed it year before last (was it hot) and it sounds like it's much bigger and better this year. Lawrence and his team do a great job putting that together.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I hope so. I'm in the middle of getting some things changed around and trying to get my drivers dispatched another way. I want to go, a lot of stuff I want to see and folks as well. Will know more in a couple of weeks.
Are you cooking this year?
I couldn't go last year and thought about it all year, really enjoyed it year before last (was it hot) and it sounds like it's much bigger and better this year. Lawrence and his team do a great job putting that together.

The "team" is drivers Like you and I....:) Lawrence does support the cookout...technically the Expo is over and his job is done....He is suppose to sit back and let his members do the heavy work.....:)

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
The "team" is drivers Like you and I....:) Lawrence does support the cookout...technically the Expo is over and his job is done....He is suppose to sit back and let his members do the heavy work.....:)

I should have said,

Lawrence and his crew do a great job putting the Expo together. After hours on Saturday everyone should gather under the Big Top for a Hamburger compliments of the Expediters. Newbies should make it a point to gather as well to meet others in the business and gather as much information as possible that might help them be successful. There will be a time when they will need help along the road and thats a good place to get started.

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
The new truck ran its first load today! Was loaded heavy... ran flawlessly. MPG unloaded repeated 16.5! Went over 1,000 on the odometer.

Rorygb

Active Expediter
Any photo's of the finished product. Just spent 2 hrs reading about this van and did not get to see finished. where can I see it. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. lol

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any photo's of the finished product. Just spent 2 hrs reading about this van and did not get to see finished. where can I see it.

Westy fell in love with the Promaster, and has built a small fleet of them. I think he still runs the XLT but it's not his heartthrob anymore...

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looks like steel to me.Is it even possible to weld aluminum to steel to begin with?Just wondering..
Recently read that either GM or Ford has invested a lot of time and money to get numerous patents on a process to weld steel to aluminum.

Bumped the thread as I was curious of how it turned out and preformed.