Welfare reform

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
Drives a Jaguar,traveled around the world to exotic places like Turkey, Tel Aviv and resort towns in Mexico.All while collecting welfare.Oh yeah plus they lived in a 1.2 million dollar water front home.

Feds: Seattle welfare recipient lives in million dollar home | KING5.com Seattle

But nope no need to reform welfare the left says.Every time reform is talked about the left says it is targeted at the poor.They throw out insults,cry racism and say the only thing welfare reform will do is punish those that are hurting the most already.They just dont get that welfare fraud is much bigger then they think and the only way to stop it is to reform it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Drives a Jaguar,traveled around the world to exotic places like Turkey, Tel Aviv and resort towns in Mexico.All while collecting welfare.Oh yeah plus they lived in a 1.2 million dollar water front home.

Feds: Seattle welfare recipient lives in million dollar home | KING5.com Seattle

But nope no need to reform welfare the left says.Every time reform is talked about the left says it is targeted at the poor.They throw out insults,cry racism and say the only thing welfare reform will do is punish those that are hurting the most already.They just dont get that welfare fraud is much bigger then they think and the only way to stop it is to reform it.

They are entitled to other people's wages. Stop being mean.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Did you notice that this particular welfare cheater happened to be a medical professional [chiropractor]?
Welfare reform is welcome, if it starts at the top of the chain, with the well educated [and well off] scum who scam the system with far greater success than the poor [and poorly educated] people at the bottom.
That the 'reform' conversation always begins and ends with the little people is where the error lies, because they tend to get caught pretty quickly. It's the sophisticated professionals who can bilk millions [esp from Medicare & Medicaid, billing for nonexistent patients and procedures, year after year after year] who need to be rooted out, but they don't get mentioned at all.
Why is that, do you think?

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter

Did you notice that this particular welfare cheater happened to be a medical professional [chiropractor]?
Welfare reform is welcome, if it starts at the top of the chain, with the well educated [and well off] scum who scam the system with far greater success than the poor [and poorly educated] people at the bottom.
That the 'reform' conversation always begins and ends with the little people is where the error lies, because they tend to get caught pretty quickly. It's the sophisticated professionals who can bilk millions [esp from Medicare & Medicaid, billing for nonexistent patients and procedures, year after year after year] who need to be rooted out, but they don't get mentioned at all.

yep sure did also noticed that that had nothing to do with it.His girlfriend signed up for welfare and got it.Said he was her landlord.All of welfare needs to be reformed.Thank you for proving my point though. You stated That the 'reform' conversation always begins and ends with the little people is where the error lies, because they tend to get caught pretty quicklySimple fact is these people were scamming it at the bottom level and not the top and got away with it for a long time.

By the way the doctors that scam do in fact get caught also.

Massive Nationwide Medicare Bust: 111 Charged For Scams Worth $225 Million

Arrests in Ambitious Medicare Fraud - NYTimes.com

Physician Sentenced to 20 Years for Medicare Fraud

It does not matter where that conversation starts,what matters is that it is started.The problem is when ever a republican says the words "welfare reform" we get Reid,Miss Nancy,And the rest of the Obama sheep going on nantional tv saying that republicans want to let old people starve,That they want to let our children die.You know it is true how many times in the last three years have we heard crap like this????You see it is cases like this and the cases of the doctors running scams that there needs to be conditions set on welfare.REAL CONDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
yep sure did also noticed that that had nothing to do with it.His girlfriend signed up for welfare and got it.Said he was her landlord

The Dr lived with her & her 2 children, and [on his website] described himself as married with 2 children - and you think he had nothing to do with it?
She also got disability payments - wonder who her doctor was, hmmm?

.All of welfare needs to be reformed.

Well, the state of Wa sure needs to do a better job of verifying the info provided, but that's not ALL welfare. And that's the officials in charge at fault - they should be fired for incompetence.
It just boggles the mind that some people think the government [fed or state] is just handing money to anyone who asks - I don't think so.

Thank you for proving my point though. You stated That the 'reform' conversation always begins and ends with the little people is where the error lies, because they tend to get caught pretty quicklySimple fact is these people were scamming it at the bottom level and not the top and got away with it for a long time.

By 'little people' I meant the uneducated & unsophisticated, and this crumb & his 'girlfriend' were hardly that. Which is why they got away with it for so long, which proves MY point, not yours.

So why does every single 'OMG- OUTRAGE!!!' on the subject ignore the well educated and well off scumbags? And the official incompetence that permitted it to happen?

It does not matter where that conversation starts,what matters is that it is started.The problem is when ever a republican says the words "welfare reform" we get Reid,Miss Nancy,And the rest of the Obama sheep going on nantional tv saying that republicans want to let old people starve,That they want to let our children die.You know it is true how many times in the last three years have we heard crap like this????

I've never heard it - but I don't watch tv, or believe the asinine claims made by both sides . I did hear something about Obama wanting to 'pull the plug' on grandmas who are old & sick, with his plan for medical insurance, but I didn't believe that, either.

You see it is cases like this and the cases of the doctors running scams that there needs to be conditions set on welfare.REAL CONDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!

You really need to calm down, there, dude.
It's not the 'conditions' that are at fault, it's the incompetent officials in charge - how bout we try reforming them for a change?

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
yep sure did also noticed that that had nothing to do with it.His girlfriend signed up for welfare and got it.Said he was her landlord

The Dr lived with her & her 2 children, and [on his website] described himself as married with 2 children - and you think he had nothing to do with it?
She also got disability payments - wonder who her doctor was, hmmm?Read what I wrote.I never said he had nothing to do with it.I said he was the listed landlord.And the fact that he was a doctor had nothing to do with it.

.All of welfare needs to be reformed.

Well, the state of Wa sure needs to do a better job of verifying the info provided, but that's not ALL welfare. And that's the officials in charge at fault - they should be fired for incompetence.Really?The officals did their jobs.The do not check into where people live unless there is a reason such as a complaint being made.That is one of the things that needs to be changed.The problem there is people scream that its an invasion of privacy.People scream they feel like crimanils and other people scream why should they be checked up on just because they ask for help.Where have I heard this befor:eek:
It just boggles the mind that some people think the government [fed or state] is just handing money to anyone who asks - I don't think so.Well they did in this case didnt they?

Thank you for proving my point though. You stated That the 'reform' conversation always begins and ends with the little people is where the error lies, because they tend to get caught pretty quicklySimple fact is these people were scamming it at the bottom level and not the top and got away with it for a long time.

By 'little people' I meant the uneducated & unsophisticated, and this crumb & his 'girlfriend' were hardly that. Which is why they got away with it for so long, which proves MY point, not yours.If you say so but I dont think so.

So why does every single 'OMG- OUTRAGE!!!' on the subject ignore the well educated and well off scumbags? And the official incompetence that permitted it to happen?

It does not matter where that conversation starts,what matters is that it is started.The problem is when ever a republican says the words "welfare reform" we get Reid,Miss Nancy,And the rest of the Obama sheep going on nantional tv saying that republicans want to let old people starve,That they want to let our children die.You know it is true how many times in the last three years have we heard crap like this????

I've never heard it - but I don't watch tv, or believe the asinine claims made by both sides . I did hear something about Obama wanting to 'pull the plug' on grandmas who are old & sick, with his plan for medical insurance, but I didn't believe that, either.

You see it is cases like this and the cases of the doctors running scams that there needs to be conditions set on welfare.REAL CONDITIONS!!!!!!!!!!

You really need to calm down, there, dude.
It's not the 'conditions' that are at fault, it's the incompetent officials in charge - how bout we try reforming them for a change?

[/QU

Wow really???You really should think about that one:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

And ya know them that was and is in the medical profession can't be trusted....cheaters all......:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There really isn't much to reform....Just get them lazy civil servants off their collective butts and do the home visits and verify, verify, verify....the rules are already there....The governments just need the will, the wanna....politically the government people side with the welfare bunch..their job is to hand it out and the other to take it....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There really isn't much to reform....Just get them lazy civil servants off their collective butts and do the home visits and verify, verify, verify....the rules are already there....The governments just need the will, the wanna....politically the government people side with the welfare bunch..their job is to hand it out and the other to take it....

I know one person who works in the Michigan welfare system. (not for long, as soon he gets his degree he is gone). He tells me that he has HUNDREDS of claims that he must work on. He states that there is no possible way to inspect them all with the staff they have. I cannot verify that but I also have no reason to doubt him.

Want to reform welfare? Easy job.Require all able bodied people who receive other peoples wages to work for the money. No one is entitled to others wages or a free ride. I bet you dollars to doughnuts that if they put in a work requirement that the welfare roles would shrink, rapidly

The other easy reform is make everyone on welfare should have to go into an office once a month, in person, with all their dependents to verify that they exist.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Policitians are not going to take away from the welfare class..

1st the libs feel it is their job to protect them from themselves (they lack education and the ability to make the right decisions, thats also the govs fault) and to provide for them, make sure they get what they are entitled to.

2nd the libs know whats best for the needy and poor, just ask barry....

3rd, its their voter base..they have "conned" the poor for so long there are generations of welfare cheats...and yes there are professionals cheating the system and there are dept heads in the system itsself that are doing nothing but protecting their jobs...

But with all of that said, barry wants to expand the government hand outs and create an even bigger class divide..he said it just yesterday....the government needs to make sure that those in need are protected and taken care of....LOL, does anyone really think reform will be part of that??? LOL.....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OH let's see...

You work most of your life, you pay taxes that amount to less than $200k and then you expect the government to pay you that money back and then pay for your health care that amounts to more than the $200k you paid in taxes?

Yep that's not right, is it?