We need to get started

JigglyPuff

New Recruit
Driver
HI, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE NEW TO EXPIDITING EVEN THOUGH HE HAS DRIVIN TRACTOR TRAILERS BEFORE.. DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY ONEW WILLING TO HIRE CARGO VAN TEAM OR THE BEST WAY TO GET MY CDL B WITHOUT GOING TO ANOTHER TRUCKING SCHOOL. WE DONT HAVE ANY CHILDREN YET, NO PETS WILLING TO STAY OUT FOR VERY LONG. SHOUT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING. ALSO WE DO NOT OWN OUR OWN CARGO VAN SO OWER OP IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. ANYWAY THANKS -JIGGLEY

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Grizz.
Not exactly what this Woodstock Era dude had in mind.
Not even close.

Ok, now that we got that cleared up .... :)
Do ya wanna give them a bit of direction? You're the guy to do it. A van is no place for two people to be living inside of.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Exceptionally busy.
Didn’t even have time to see my Bears on MMF.
I’d recommend they call Expediters Services and see if he can train her. In a straight.
Someoplease explain my reasoning.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

redskunk

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Army
My wife and I grabbed a cdl manual from the state and studied it until we felt comfortable enough to take our written test. Once we pasted those we had our learner’s permits.
After that we used a friend’s truck to practice for the pre-trip inspection and the skills test.
Unfortunately our friend and his truck weren’t available on the day we took our skills test and our driving test, so we rented a truck and payed someone that had a current class B CDL to go with us to the test site. We both passed and received our CDL. The whole process took about two months from start to finish.
In addition to studying and practicing for our test during those two months we got our fingerprints and background checks completed so we could get our HAZMAT endorsement on our CDL. We also were in contact with a carrier so that we could complete their paperwork and be ready to go to work once everything was finished.

As stated above, I would recommend you and your husband contact Expediter Services to see if they are able to work with you.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Making fun of each other is the EO way. But it's just in fun.... just ask an unnamed ancient canadian living in South Dakota.

OVM is the manager at the Cinnabon in Omaha! lol Saul Goodman. Gene!

Reactions: scottm4211

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Look into the WIA (workforce initiative and opportunity act). It varies from state to state. Mine was through the unemployment agency. Basically it's financial aid for things that aren't college accredited courses, truck driving, welding, etc. It should pay for your schooling in full, it covered all of my $4000 tuition. They actually paid be about $500 in "incentive" checks after I graduated and started working. This way you don't have to do a companies "free school" and then sign on with them for a year. I know you want a straight truck but there's not many class B schools. So just do this, get your class A for free, then drive class B.

My other thought is have your husband find an owner whose willing to let your husband drive solo, with the agreement that you get your permit, and when he's on home time teach you how to drive the truck while you study the rules of having a CDL, then use said truck for your DMV test. Once you have your license operate as a team.

Reactions: RoadTime

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
if you are military and getting out make sure you use troops to truckers program, check with local DMV for the state , for info

Reactions: Grizzly and fatboy1