warrning bad owner

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Everybody has homework this weekend.
Go thru the ads and vote on everyone you know for sure.
The good,the bad,and the ugly. Actually,you can be ugly and be a good owner .
Then we have to spread the word to check the ratings.
It's a civic duty; almost like voting .
Only if this tool becomes used is it useful.
And thanks to Lawrence for having this included in the ads.

Last edited:

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I agree this OP has bad spelling etc. But his story is true. I have driven for five owners since 1992 and all were great except this one.

outandbout

Active Expediter
once again this owner out of juliet has posted for help only this time hes offering 65/35 to run for him youll be lucky to get the rest of it for any body out there thats looking for some one to run for dont pick this one youll be sorry you did:mad::mad:

I won't get into it too much with information about this company, but I will tell you that the company is owned/operated by a former Harvey, IL police officer. I will also take the liberty to give you a link to the landing page of the company's website (possibly designed by Xara Web Designer) where there is a place for client's thoughts about the company. I do believe that the webmaster will have to allow any comments though.

Here you go:

Universal Expedite

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone built a site from a pre made template and didn't finish it. Not sure why but Latin is common as a place holder on those things.

They claim 100% on time service, at least make it believable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Wow, didn't realize that everyone on here had an English degree. Don't throw the guy to the wolves because grammer & punctuation is not his strong suit. He got his point across. Geeze, lighten up a little everyone. He (the original poster) might be able to kick your butts in something else like math or history, etc. Those that think their perfect throw the first stone.

guido4475

Not a Member
Wow, didn't realize that everyone on here had an English degree. Don't throw the guy to the wolves because grammer & punctuation is not his strong suit. He got his point across. Geeze, lighten up a little everyone. He (the original poster) might be able to kick your butts in something else like math or history, etc. Those that think their perfect throw the first stone.

Even I once used to be a spelling bee champion in school, and now, as I get older, my spelling has fallen by the wayside. Old age, I guess...

Jumbuck

Seasoned Expediter
KEE-RIST people. The driver is only trying to help what he THINKS are his friends in Expediting. Just because he can't spell some things does't mean he's STUPID! Are we not all about helping each other regardless of our short-comings? Just try to show a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T! I see A LOT of mis-spelled words in quite a few of you regulars's posts. Man, you guys and gals don't realize the power of this forum...it has helped a LOT of people (including me) find out things you would never be able to find out on our own. BUT it has gotten to where drivers hesitate to ask anything for fear of having his rear end jumped up into with a roll of barbed wire for the slightest mistake in grammar or spelling or punctuation. And please don't give me the "stop the whining" thing either, because that's the easy way to dismiss someone's point. Also, the "if you don't like the way it is hit the road" is worn out, also. I'm just saying that you experienced guys can help folks alot. You have the power and knowledge to really make a difference in this forum, but NOT by making fun of of dis-respecting someone who makes a post in good faith to his "brothers in expediting!" My buddy Benjamin Franklin said it best: "If we don't HANG TOGETHER, we will surely "HANG SEPERATLEY" Thanks....Jumbuck

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't take an English degree, just an education through at least the first grade.
Ahem...it's grammar.
Well yeah, but since we're being anal orifices over this, I think it's actually "Ahem, it's grammar" ?

It's probably ok, for those of us that don't nitpick others spelling and grammar, to use the extra periods to express ourselves. However, I firmly believe that someone who does nitpick other people's spelling and grammar (YOU) should make darn sure that they use perfect spelling and grammar while doing so. Would you agree?

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Believe it or not people may be interested in improving their language skills.
If people are corrected without name calling it's all good.
By picking up a few tips they may look more intelligent to customers and their own office.
It's a good thing if done respectfully.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Come now. You guys drive trucks and vans for a living. You don't heve to speak english to read the gages. Why worry about grammatical abilities in an online forum? As long as you can spell your truck number, company name, pro number, and you can mark an "X" where it says driver signature, you're all good! Don't sweat the details.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
I doubt anyone comes to a trucking blog to improve their language skills. Personally, I find it annoying, when someone posts in good faith, and is openly criticized by a professional blogger with over 3300 posts in less than three years, for not using commas and periods. Hey, the value is in the intent and content; not in the grammer.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Believe it or not people may be interested in improving their language skills.
If people are corrected without name calling it's all good.
By picking up a few tips they may look more intelligent to customers and their own office.
It's a good thing if done respectfully.
I won't disagree that some need help and might appreciate it. I don't believe in constantly pointing out small errors though. It is disrespectful to do so on a regular basis. I think that there is a VERY small percentage of people who post on this forum that are interested in getting spelling and grammar lessons from EO members.

I think it boils down to what your intentions are. If your truly interested in helping someone with their language skills, I would suggest a pm asking them if they want help AND respecting their yes or no answer. If your doing it just to show that you have mastered the language better than others or just to be an annoying twit...then I think you should get a life.

I didn't join EO to participate or observe in an English class. I don't think anyone else does/did either.

Last edited: