Walker Defeats WI Recall Effort in Blowout!

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Even CNN has already called it for Walker - 59% to 40% with 34% of the votes tallied. The nation breaths a sigh of relief as Obama and his union lackeys see the future.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
So much for the "Union Clout"...LOL....:D Now is the time to totally break the State Employee Unions....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think ill celebrate with sime beer, cheese and polka music!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

mbc383

Expert Expediter
Well you said Scott Walker won was a down to any one who want to have a union. Me being a trucker and to have drove for none union companies. We need better control because without it. You will have large companies doing want they want. I remember C.R.England with Walmart fighting to change hours of service, you would be driving 16 and 8 hour dot break. I know you think unions is the bad guy but you just want nothing. To me that would be worst. If you think that would give you cheaper fuels you are dreaming. Scott walker is just the starting point..... It will be like you having a bad cook you don't eat. thanks from Linda and Micheal :mad::(:confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well you said Scott Walker won was a down to any one who want to have a union. Me being a trucker and to have drove for none union companies. We need better control because without it. You will have large companies doing want they want. I remember C.R.England with Walmart fighting to change hours of service, you would be driving 16 and 8 hour dot break. I know you think unions is the bad guy but you just want nothing. To me that would be worst. If you think that would give you cheaper fuels you are dreaming. Scott walker is just the starting point..... It will be like you having a bad cook you don't eat. thanks from Linda and Micheal :mad::(:confused:

Huh?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I have ALWAYS enjoyed being told by my employees how much I should pay them and how high my taxes should be. I love it when they want free medical and pensions, tell me that I have to provide those things for them, and then cannot afford my own since my taxes are getting to be so high. Why are they high? We have to pay for THEIR benefits. Scott did not go after private sector unions, which are largely out of control as well, he went after public sector unions. Which should not exist.

The only group in the private sector that rips off employees more than companies are the unions. ANYONE out there who believes that unions look out for you I have free house for you, just line up for it, I will be right with you.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
The sad part about the "Walker Recall" is 46% of people voted for the other guy. Though I'm happy for WI, 46% is apretty scary number especially when you consider Walker has been a good Gov, and half of the people FORCED to join unions dropped them wen they had the legal chance too thanks to Gov Walker, and yet still 46% voted against him.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
It goes to show that there is a large segment of union workers within the people voting. In this case, people are getting tired of footing the retirement bill and benefits of union employees when they themselves don't have that benefit. This will expand. Just yesterday, San Jose and San Diego just approved the same thing they did in WI.
Public unions are in for a pounding with so many states and municipalities in financial trouble.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I believe Wisconsin's recall law needs a major overhaul. What a waste of time and money all because a group of people were dissatisfied with the outcome of a legislative action.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
The sad part about the "Walker Recall" is 46% of people voted for the other guy. Though I'm happy for WI, 46% is apretty scary number especially when you consider Walker has been a good Gov, and half of the people FORCED to join unions dropped them wen they had the legal chance too thanks to Gov Walker, and yet still 46% voted against him.

Very interesting way to look at it......but there might be a clear reason for it too.

The results of this Vote was basically a pure Political Decision/Reflection of what's going on in this country. Sure, the intent of this recall election up in Wisconsin was to stop Walker from taking away certain "Rights" Union Leaders and Members thought they were entitled, but the Voting Results itself was far far from being just that. I can guarantee you that there were Voters yesterday up there in Wisconsin that had NO DOG IN THE HUNT whatsoever with regards to how this recall vote turned out. Nothing Scott Walker has done, or can do, will effect their lives in any way. But, they went and Voted anyway. Scott Walker rec'd Votes from Republicans/Conservatives because he is a "Republican". That other Guy (what was his name???:) ) rec'd Votes because he was a Democrat/Liberal.

And with those results......The Republicans in Wisconsin sent a clear message to the White House last night. The message sent was...."Hey..We Are HERE, and we are going to do what it takes to bring Positive Changes to our country coming this November".

Anybody else hear the "Crap" going on on both CNN and MSNBC with all the rhetoric about this being a big night for Obawa. It had something to do with the exit polls where people were saying they were going to vote for him coming this November. It seemed like both MSNBC & CNN were more focused on this than they were the Great Victory Walker just had. On top of that...my MSN Homepage had the Walker Victory buried on page 4 of the newsfeed slideshow this morning, instead of the TOP STORY on page 1 as it should have been.

And they say the MSM is not biased............

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure, the intent of this recall election up in Wisconsin was to stop Walker from taking away certain "Rights" Union Leaders and Members thought they were entitled, but the Voting Results itself was far far from being just that.
Not true! Walker and the state legislature passed the law. The recall was set into action by a group of people who didn't like the outcome and got the necessary number of signatures to force a recall vote.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Not true! Walker and the state legislature passed the law. The recall was set into action by a group of people who didn't like the outcome and got the necessary number of signatures to force a recall vote.

I guess I shouldn't have used the word "Stop" when referring to the changes Walker and the Legislation enacted. The changes were already made........

Other than that.....our 2 posts go hand in hand. Right......

Another thing came to mind earlier that reflects on what just happened in Wisconsin. Governor Christie enacted similar measures in NJ that coincide with what Walker has accomplished when it comes to saving his state and helping it recover financially. Why was there not the same reaction/actions taken in that state as were in Wisconsin?

Simple Logic.....Governor Christie is one that Democrats KNOW they have no chance of walking all over him when it comes to certain agendas. Democrats in Wisconsin thought they could walk all over Walker. Boy were they proved wrong last night........

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
What i find funny is how the Libs and Media were saying and still are today that based on "exit polls" barry is safe, he has a lead over Romney....LOL those are the same "exit polls" that they used last night to say that the vote was so close it would go late into the night before they could decide who won...so if they decided those "exit polls" were wrong by 9 pm est, why aren't they wrong now when it comes to barry?? LOL...:D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
mbc wrote:

Scott walker is just the starting point.....

Like Xiggi, i was scratching my head over that whole post, but this i got..well i got it from my take..Walker is just the starting point...other states are now going to start taking on these "public sector" unions and they will hopefully be a thing of the passed sooith the Dmes, then...

And while Walker is making nice right now..thats going to come to a halt rather quickly..the courts are going to rule that he can't exempt police and firefighters unions and members from the cuts and other "stuff" he stuck the other unions with...when that happens, they will have to take "it" just like the rest...and its not going to go over good at all..LOL, I love it....personally, it they don't like, privatize them all!! Contract as many governemnt positions out to private contractors as possible and dump the unions and their whinin members.....:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If looking at it today, they are probably right in that Obama has a lead there because Romney hasn't done anything there. I do think that might change as all of the people that helped Walker win, will be converting to the campaign for Romney. That gap may close if the republicans start dumping cash in the state for a presidential run.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
GOOD FOR WALKER Im glad he won
I never had a job that I had to join a union to force my boss to pay a reasonable rate ether it payed what i needed or found somthing that did. I worked at a couple union jobs the unions took our dues but were not there for those who actualy did somthing but did fight for the morrons who needed to be fired.
If I had employees and they wanted a union they would have no work.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good for Walker and the state of Wisconsin. Wonder how the losing side felt about Barry dissing their state. Didn't even show up for a rally or speech right before the election. He had a fundraiser last in Chicago and then in Minnesota. Barry is right behind them though,err I mean above them.;) He flew over Wisconsin in his Air force One like Bush flew over Katrina. Oh but Barry was able to tweet a message to Barrett showing his support. :D
https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/209786052804743168

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If looking at it today, they are probably right in that Obama has a lead there because Romney hasn't done anything there. I do think that might change as all of the people that helped Walker win, will be converting to the campaign for Romney. That gap may close if the republicans start dumping cash in the state for a presidential run.

The gap might already have closed. Poll analyst Michael Barone has Wisconsin tied right now at 48%.
Exit poll: Wisconsin in play in November - Politics and Public Opinion - AEI